PDA

View Full Version : The worst Steelers player ever?

CowherPower
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Say it ain't so, there have actually been "bad" players on the Pittsburgh Steelers? You mean not everyone was "the best ever" at their respective position?

I came across this while searching around some NFL blogs and thought it might something interesting to talk about with all the great members on steeleraddicts.

Unfortunately not everyone has been a Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Lynn Swann, Greg Lloyd, Ben Roethlisberger or what have you. Even the most die hard black n gold homers have to admit that sometimes you just have that one player that you could not stand. The guy that you just didn't like, never played well, or even if he did you just never liked.

So who's your worst player(s) ever? (Hey it's the offseason, there's only so much news to talk about right LOL)

NFL from the sidelines (http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2012/06/who-is-worst-steelers-player-youve-seen.html)

For my choice there have been some really bad players over the decades.

Cliff Stoudt was just beyond terrible at QB.

That whole Hartwig and Mahan disaster on the offensive line comes to mind too.

K Train
07-03-2012, 12:05 PM
ricardo coclough, sean mahan, justin hartwig come to mind recently, they just never did anything right. Jermaine stephens is a definite candidate too, what a worthless pos lol

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Jamain Stephens was a total joke, he's always been high on my list.

Couldn't stand Scott Shields either, what a wasted pick.

Troy Edwards was terrible too.

BubbyBlister
07-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Say it ain't so, there have actually been "bad" players on the Pittsburgh Steelers? You mean not everyone was "the best ever" at their respective position?

I came across this while searching around some NFL blogs and thought it might something interesting to talk about with all the great members on steeleraddicts.

Unfortunately not everyone has been a Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Lynn Swann, Greg Lloyd, Ben Roethlisberger or what have you. Even the most die hard black n gold homers have to admit that sometimes you just have that one player that you could not stand. The guy that you just didn't like, never played well, or even if he did you just never liked.

So who's your worst player(s) ever? (Hey it's the offseason, there's only so much news to talk about right LOL)

NFL from the sidelines (http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2012/06/who-is-worst-steelers-player-youve-seen.html)

For my choice there have been some really bad players over the decades.

Cliff Stoudt was just beyond terrible at QB.

That whole Hartwig and Mahan disaster on the offensive line comes to mind too. Mark Malone was worse then Stoudt.

BubbyBlister
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Tim Worley worst 1rd draft pick rb ever.

JensK
07-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Frank Summers

Raleigh Steel
07-03-2012, 02:08 PM
harvey clayton

huey richardson

jermaine stephens

brent alexander

donald evans

kent graham

jim miller

K Train
07-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Frank Summers
i love you

Blitzburgh_Mike
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Joey Galloway : P

Zachintosh66
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
stapleton, kent graham

nick5574
07-03-2012, 03:42 PM
I would say Justin Hartwig is high up there... even though without him we wouldn't have had the incredible ending to Super Bowl 43 ;P

BubbyBlister
07-03-2012, 03:51 PM
harvey clayton

huey richardson

jermaine stephens

brent alexander

donald evans

kent graham

jim miller Jim Miller had one decent season for the Bears. At least fantasy wise and had him as my QB and he hooked up a lot with Marcus Robinson that year.

Callax
07-03-2012, 04:01 PM
sorry but alot more players were worse than evans or alexander... cb colcough sucked badly!!!
j stephens was totally worse
also richardson was a BUST!!!!
how about Pitt's other 1st rd pick the same year they picked t worley....T/G tom Ricketts from PITT BUST BUST BUST!!!!!

The Lakelander
07-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Hughey Richardson and Aaron Jones ... because our identity when they played was our defense, and both were 1st round picks that wasted the chance to build on that great legacy ...

connecticutsteel
07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Limas Sweed 2nd round pick 6'5" 220 couldn't catch a cold in the nfl

Bruce Davis

gtadroptop
07-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Huey Richardson.

86WARD
07-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't put Jim MIller on the list...he went on to have some success and he wasn't terrible with the Steelers.

HATED Mark Malone. Jamain Stephens, Huey Richardson, Daryl Sims, Sean Mahan, Alonzo Jackson, Kent Graham. More recently: Fred Gibson, AQ Shipley, The 2008 Draft Class...

jpele
07-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm gonna say it'e a toss up between Huey Richardson and Jamain Stephens honorable mention Tim Worley,Alonzo Jackson,Mathias Nkwenti, Danny Farmer and Tee Martin.

TarlsQtr
07-04-2012, 12:31 PM
This is a tough thread because it is so vague. Is it fair to compare Tee Martin (5th rounder) with Huey Richardson (15th pick overall)? Not really. Technically, the "worst Steelers player ever" is probably some guy who never played in a game and we never heard of.

Names I'd throw out there: Weegie Thompson, Limas Sweed, Cliff Stoudt, Bubby (sorry Bubby Blister), Ryan McBean, David Woodley, Alonzo Jackson, Jeremy Staat, Tyrone Carter

Honorable Mention: Maddox (based soley on the Houston game where we lost despite holding the Texans to about 50 yards total offense. That TV is sitting in a landfill somewhere with a hole in the screen the same shape and size as my fist.)
Kemo-Actually had a couple of good years but always found a way to make a big mistake at a crucial point.

And my absolutely most hated Steeler ever is not a player but a coach, Joe Walton. Man he sucked.

MDSteel15
07-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Mark Malone hands down in the last 40 years....

SteelCityKid5
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
from recent memory..Bruce Davis

BlitzburghRockCity
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
I didn't mind Brent Alexander, he was solid until near the end when he just started losing a step.

I've always been pissed off at Bam Morris for throwing away his career.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

86WARD
07-04-2012, 06:00 PM
I didn't mind Brent Alexander, he was solid until near the end when he just started losing a step.

I've always been pissed off at Bam Morris for throwing away his career.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

Bam wasn't the worst. He may have been the dumbest though...another day another thread?

scudmissile29
07-04-2012, 09:21 PM
probably limas sweed.

came from a big university, lots of hype, came to a team with a great quarterback and didn't do anything.

however with some of the people treating other players calling them "pos", should have more respect for them.

classy steeler fans as always.

steelchamp204
07-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Limas Sweed

Nolrog
07-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Please, for the love of God and Myron Cope, please start training camp now!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Bam wasn't the worst by any stretch but the way he just threw away such a promising career makes me seeth everytime I think about it, lol.

I can still remember thinking what a great pickup Sweed was, "man we finally are starting to get some good WR's now"! What a joke!

Yes Nolrog I agree, training camp can't get here soon enough!! LOL

86WARD
07-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Please, for the love of God and Myron Cope, please start training camp now!!!

Yes please.

ChucktownSteeler
07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Kent Graham, Harvey "Toast" Clayton, Chuck Saunders

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I know K train can agree with Kraig Urbik..LOL. I thought he was going to jump out a window when they drafted him a couple years ago.

BubbyBlister
07-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Names I'd throw out there: Weegie Thompson, Limas Sweed, Cliff Stoudt, Bubby (sorry Bubby Blister), Ryan McBean, David Woodley, Alonzo Jackson, Jeremy Staat, Tyrone Carter.[/QUOTE] Haha no problem I never like Brister anyhow and why I have the name making fun of him. Plus I knew someone who knew him and told me he was a egotistical ahole.

86WARD
07-05-2012, 07:23 PM
http://www.bubbybrister.com/images/photos-007.jpg

He wasn't the worst...1989 was memorable...lol.

BubbyBlister
07-05-2012, 10:26 PM
http://www.bubbybrister.com/images/photos-007.jpg

He wasn't the worst...1989 was memorable...lol. Lol at the pic and Mallone was the worse.

86WARD
07-06-2012, 07:57 AM
You just miss Bubby's Mom...

SuperSteelers
07-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I have a feeling that one of the top draft picks this season will make this list after a couple of seasons.

ChucktownSteeler
07-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Is thread is a bit ambiguous. What is the criteria? Do you need a minimum amount of starts/ seasons, etc?

C-town

teeceemadison
07-08-2012, 09:19 PM
cant agree at all with the Maddox pick, i still have his jerseys, and he helped end the hideous kordell stewart era.....and led the greatest steeler playoff comeback...and if the offensive line hadnt collapsed the next season, he may have stuck around longer...

Blazedby92
07-09-2012, 01:07 AM
The one I have DOGGED the most but LOVED the most was my man LIMAS SWEED and also Roethlisberger's pick he always wanted but, colcough and Troy Edwards is awfully DAMN close.

acero
07-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I wouldn't put Jim MIller on the list...he went on to have some success and he wasn't terrible with the Steelers.

HATED Mark Malone. Jamain Stephens, Huey Richardson, Daryl Sims, Sean Mahan, Alonzo Jackson, Kent Graham. More recently: Fred Gibson, AQ Shipley, The 2008 Draft Class...

yes the whole 2008 draft, plus troy edwards, huey richardson, lonzo jackson, way back walter abercrombie

BubbyBlister
07-09-2012, 05:30 PM
yes the whole 2008 draft, plus troy edwards, huey richardson, lonzo jackson, way back walter abercrombie Haha I was waiting to see if anybody mention Walter and for some reason Noll seem to be high on him.

RIVERS OF STEEL
07-10-2012, 09:08 PM
If there is ever another Bubby at anything I wil be on vacation during the whole fn season.

BlacknGoldHaze
07-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Huey Richardson or Jemaine Stephens.....