PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Reed hoping for another chance

jpele
06-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I say bring him in if only as compition for Suisham.

Reed is apparently looking for another chance to play in the NFL. He regularly kicks to stay in practice religiously kicks on Sunday's at 1pm to simulate gameday.

Yardbarker.com

steelersbabex25
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
He's hoping for another chance at that hand dryer. It got the best of him the last time around.

The Lakelander
06-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Wasn't it Reed that put a bullfrog into Limas Sweed's helmet during camp in Latrobe?

mos07
06-22-2012, 04:01 PM
I liked the guy.

TarlsQtr
06-22-2012, 04:37 PM
He would be OK to bring in but I shudder at the thought of another kickoff dropping in at the 10 yard line.

BubbyBlister
06-22-2012, 06:18 PM
I liked the guy. I'm also in the minority and like him too but those missed kicks his last season at Pitt was absurd specially how clutch he was before that.

BubbyBlister
06-22-2012, 06:19 PM
He would be OK to bring in but I shudder at the thought of another kickoff dropping in at the 10 yard line. He might not be that bad now with the new rule. Plus I think our ST is a lot better now.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-23-2012, 01:34 AM
Once a head case, always a head case. After what he went through here before the end he's not going to be anymore reliable than Suisham is.

ChucktownSteeler
06-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Bring him in. Maybe he has matured a bit.

C-town

gtadroptop
06-23-2012, 09:35 AM

C-town

Hope so, but I would be surprised.

The Lakelander
06-23-2012, 10:18 AM

C-town

:nono: ... not a chance!

ChucktownSteeler
06-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Give him a chance, Suisham sucks.

The Lakelander
06-23-2012, 10:23 AM
He might not be that bad now with the new rule. Plus I think our ST is a lot better now.

Reed's biggest weakness was his kickoff depth ... too many teams had advantageous field position on us when Reed was the kicker ...

Anyways, I have a tough time believing that we can't find a better kicker than Suisham anywhere out there in soccer/college football land ... there are only 32-35 or so kicking jobs available at the pro level ... just seems to me Suisham isn't one of the top 32-35 kickers in the world ... ????

ChucktownSteeler
06-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Suisham has no business being in the NFL. Why can't e get a better kicker? We replaced D-Sep.

Give reed a chance, I haven't heard of him beating up towel dispensers lately.

C-town

steelchamp204
06-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Give him another shot, even if he kicks opposite footed, he is still better than Suisham

KemoTherapy
06-23-2012, 03:14 PM
They need somebody better than either of those guys. It's always amazed me how little stock NFL teams put in the kicking game. The right punter can flip the field for you and force the other team into playing conservatively to get positive yardage near their own end zone. The right kicker can obviously win games for you with field goals as well as deep kickoffs. And yet the 6th,7th,8th round picks, and this includes the Steelers, are wasted on guys who end up being training camp bodies when they could be getting a really good kicker.

TarlsQtr
06-23-2012, 04:39 PM
They need somebody better than either of those guys. It's always amazed me how little stock NFL teams put in the kicking game. The right punter can flip the field for you and force the other team into playing conservatively to get positive yardage near their own end zone. The right kicker can obviously win games for you with field goals as well as deep kickoffs. And yet the 6th,7th,8th round picks, and this includes the Steelers, are wasted on guys who end up being training camp bodies when they could be getting a really good kicker.

Agreed. I would never sacrifice a "real player" for a kicker or punter. However, to not spend a very late round pick on a promising kicker instead of a a guy who has no chance of making the team seems ridiculous. We could have gotten a rookie free agent TE just as capable of being a warm body as David Paulson.

The Lakelander
06-23-2012, 05:26 PM
NFL kicker is a merciless job ...

LatrobePA
06-23-2012, 08:17 PM
He's a turd. I wouldn't waste my money!

HUNT4SEVEN
06-24-2012, 01:28 AM
F%ck Reed and Sushi, find somebody new...

connecticutsteel
06-24-2012, 10:33 AM
http://www.fox40tv.com/mostpopular/story/Swayze-Waters-Toes-NFL-Line/5tIslsOpSEqRZzWFBvmaSQ.cspx

I vote to bring Waters back in i really thought he had the job but the chose suisam for some reason this guy kicks the hell out of the ball and routinely hits 60 yarders i can't explain it

jpele
06-24-2012, 01:26 PM
http://www.fox40tv.com/mostpopular/story/Swayze-Waters-Toes-NFL-Line/5tIslsOpSEqRZzWFBvmaSQ.cspx

I vote to bring Waters back in i really thought he had the job but the chose suisam for some reason this guy kicks the hell out of the ball and routinely hits 60 yarders i can't explain it

He may have been great in college but there's a reason no team has picked him up

connecticutsteel
06-24-2012, 03:37 PM
What reason? .I watched him and suisam closely and waters made all but 1 kick in preseason and they took suisam because he had been on an active roster for awhole season is the only reason i could see because suisam can't reach the end zone without the new rulesWaters kicked over the endzone completely under the old rules

BlitzburghRockCity
06-25-2012, 10:56 PM
If no other teams have contacted Waters then I agree there's a reason. If he was good enough somebody would have brought him on board and he'd be winning a job. He's got an unbelievable leg, but kicking with players in your face, in the rain and snow, and with the pressure of the game on the line is tough.

I'm still not convinced Suisham is the man, the dude gives me a heart attack every time he kicks anything over 40 yds.

Njsteelersnut
06-26-2012, 09:09 AM
They need to bring someone in.....Suisham is definately not the guy you can rely on in a pressure kick over 40 yards. Hell it doesnt even have to be a pressure situation the guynis shaky at best beyond 40 yards.

VMoss
06-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Give him a chance, Suisham sucks.

Suisham and Reed are the same player. They both miss kicks down the stretch so why bring Reed back when we get the same results from Suisham?

Real Deal Steel
06-26-2012, 06:16 PM
If no other teams have contacted Waters then I agree there's a reason. If he was good enough somebody would have brought him on board and he'd be winning a job. He's got an unbelievable leg, but kicking with players in your face, in the rain and snow, and with the pressure of the game on the line is tough.

I'm still not convinced Suisham is the man, the dude gives me a heart attack every time he kicks anything over 40 yds.

I'm with Blitz on this too. I'd like to see a serious effort to upgrade the kicking position.

scudmissile29
06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Suisham and Reed are the same player. They both miss kicks down the stretch so why bring Reed back when we get the same results from Suisham?

reed doesn't miss in the post-season, that's good enough for me.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-27-2012, 01:12 PM
The problem with the kicking game is, most teams just never put a premium on it. If you're lucky enough to land one that works out then you're one of the few. You don't normally spend a premium pick on any kicker, although that trend may be changing as each year we see atleast one or teams grab kickers in the 4th round or so. Still, until the Steelers actually make a serious effort to upgrade the place kicker we'll continue to have these up and down performances.

K Train
06-27-2012, 01:42 PM
reed at this point should come much cheaper than the franchise tagged reed of a few years ago, id bring him in. kicking at heinz isnt something you can just plug a kicker into a expect success, he HAS been successful.

sometimes a break or a new team rejuvenates a kicker

steelersbabex25
06-27-2012, 02:09 PM

Any kicker who's trying out for a pro team can hit 60 yarders in training camp. He won't be able to do it in an actual game.

SteelersWoman
07-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Added to all his immaturity and stupidity, I had enough of (K) Jeff Reed when he had a chance to block someone, and said he didn't do it because "That's not my job". Daniel was hired to punt, but that didn't stop him from doing whatever he could to help. That's what a true teammate should do. Jeff was all about Jeff, not the team.