PDA

View Full Version : Can't stand ignorant fans

Clevelandsux
06-16-2012, 05:45 PM
I haven't been on here in awhile, password issues etc. But i got tired of Steeler fans complaining about the Steelers letting hines ward go. I love hines, own his jersey etc. But do you want to have a winning team or a bunch of geizers past there prime?
ward was non productive last year, and like any competitor doesn't know when its time to hang it up.

Just like after the sb loss to green bay. Some guy was telling me the steelers would have won had they had jeff reed. That he would have made that 52 yarder. Reed during that season couldn't even make an extra point. That's why we cut him.

SteelDad
06-16-2012, 05:54 PM
It isnt just ignorance its passion too. Its never easy to say goodbye to an all time favorite like Hines but I bet the majority understand it was time to retire.

As for Reed.... That's hilarious. The attempt never should have been made anyway but we've beaten that to death.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

BlitzburghRockCity
06-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I've had the honor of watching Wards entire career, and as have many other fans. I hated to see him go just because he was such a joy to watch. It was time though to call it a career and make way for the next generation of great receivers.

As for Reed, and that's just :lol:

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

Speeed
06-16-2012, 11:36 PM
I don't believe the collective fan base is/are ignorant about Ward's release. I am convinced that both sides were informed as to their own opinion of re-signing or releasing him. Regardless of our opinions, I think he was cognizant of the fact it was time to "hang it up," because he did retire, no?

Ward was productive last year to an extent. With the compliment of receivers he was playing with his age, his situation, etc. vs. his contribution to the season was positive. He had that "X" factor. Had he decided to play this year, I don't think he would have that same effect. So, I think he retired at the correct time, and with grace and dignity.

His chapter in the Steelers SB history is over, time to move on. He knows that, and I think for the most part fans do too.

Clevelandsux
06-17-2012, 03:02 AM
well i live in cleveland where ignorance is bliss.lol, all wards catches last year were screen passes, altered to get him his record.

The Lakelander
06-17-2012, 03:11 AM
We're still talking about this? :scratch:

BlitzburghRockCity
06-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Ignorant fans go far beyond Hines Ward. In Steeler Country, fans are just passionate and they love their players. Some just can't let go. We'll probably always be talking about this, should HInes have stayed longer, should he not have, etc.

BubbyBlister
06-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Had Crotchery left I think there still would be a spot for Ward on this team.

ChucktownSteeler
06-17-2012, 09:24 PM
I wish Hines had been given 1 more year. I am not ignorant.

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Hines was released before Jerricho was brought back, so they were ready to move on without regardless of whether Cotch was able to get a new deal done or not. I think they would have probably looked to free agency for a veteran WR had they not have been able to get a new deal done with JC.

BubbyBlister
06-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Hines was released before Jerricho was brought back, so they were ready to move on without regardless of whether Cotch was able to get a new deal done or not. I think they would have probably looked to free agency for a veteran WR had they not have been able to get a new deal done with JC. I know that and just stating had we lost Crotchery I think Hines could have been of use. But yep they already had there mind made up and was moving ahead without Hines. Pretty much showed that last season when they made sure he got his 1,000 catches.

jpele
06-18-2012, 11:11 AM
The fact that Ward wasn't productive had nothing to do with Hines. When you're only in the game for 3 or 4 plays your numbers go way down and Ward wasn't the guy calling the plays "bubble screen".

I'll agree it was time for him to retire but I would love to see what he could do with Haley running the offense.

ChucktownSteeler
06-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Nobody smelled the goal line better than Hines. Nobody. I contend he still had a year or 2 left in the tank. I don't think we can gauge any production of last year's team accurately with the O-line and injuries sustained.

C-town

steelersbabex25
06-18-2012, 01:13 PM
We're still talking about this? :scratch:

My thought exactly...

BlitzburghRockCity
06-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Nobody smelled the goal line better than Hines. Nobody. I contend he still had a year or 2 left in the tank. I don't think we can gauge any production of last year's team accurately with the O-line and injuries sustained.

C-town

I agree, Ward had a nose for the goal line. How many times did we see him run over people or around them, just powering his way into the endzone. I'll never forget that bird flapping dance he did against Philly, or Chad Johnsons dosie do dance..LOL

tburg68
06-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Some people's love for Hines has clouded their judgement of his production. I'm sure that he could be in good enough physical condition this year to play and catch 40+ balls. That doesn't mean that there are not multiple better options available.

I loved Ward's style of play on the field, but I am very glad he has retired a Steeler and Wallace/Brown/Sanders/Cotchery are the Steelers WR's.