PDA

View Full Version : With Johnson signed, who's the odd man out at linebacker?

CowherPower
06-13-2012, 12:57 PM
The starting 4 are set, we know but behind them there is a log jam of young players and veterans all with similar skill levels. We can't overlook Chris Carter who has been having a good offseason so far and got some solid experience last year. He was a long shot but got forced into playing when all the linebackers started going down like flies.

So, does anyone think Brandon Johnson might be pushing Sylvester for his roster spot? I would say both have probably have a pretty fair shot at being the primary backup in the middle but Sylvester of course having the edge of experience in the Steelers system.

Assuming they keep 8 linebackers:

Harrison
Woodley
Timmons
Foote
Spence
Worilds
Sylvester
Chris Carter
Brandon Johnson

Who's the odd man out?

K Train
06-13-2012, 01:11 PM
it would be johnson or chris carter i think

Big T
06-13-2012, 02:08 PM
The starting 4 are set, we know but behind them there is a log jam of young players and veterans all with similar skill levels. We can't overlook Andrew Carter who has been having a good offseason so far and got some solid experience last year. He was a long shot but got forced into playing when all the linebackers started going down like flies.

So, does anyone think Brandon Johnson might be pushing Sylvester for his roster spot? I would say both have probably have a pretty fair shot at being the primary backup in the middle but Sylvester of course having the edge of experience in the Steelers system.

Assuming they keep 8 linebackers:

Harrison
Woodley
Timmons
Foote
Spence
Worilds
Sylvester
Andrew Carter
Brandon Johnson

Who's the odd man out?

The English composer? ;)

BubbyBlister
06-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Have to agree and would be Carter.

SteelDad
06-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Johnson has long snapping skills which could give him slight advantage over Carter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

K Train
06-13-2012, 03:46 PM
we just signed a LS and have greg warren....and if johnsons LS skills are anything like harrisons, ill pass lol

BlitzburghRockCity
06-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Edited the post and fixed the Carter thing :lol:

Carter seemed to be a bit on the small side last year so I wondered how well he'll be able to hold up. Sylvester's job is safe for another year I think at this point so I'm with K train, either Carter or Johnson won't make the final roster. Spence and Sly battle it out to start in 2013.