PDA

View Full Version : DeCastro, Adams, & Ta'amu finally able to report for camp

CowherPower
06-12-2012, 03:34 PM
The Steelers began their three-day minicamp today with three of their top four draft choice finally joining them on the field.
But, unless someone thought the Steelers were just going to hand starting jobs to guard David DeCastro and tackle Michael Adams, the two rookies worked with the second-team offensive line during the morning session.

DeCastro, the No. 1 pick, lined at right guard -- the position where he will likely begin the season with the first team. Adams, the No. 2 pick, lined at left tackle, but it remains to be seen if he is ready to be a starter.

DeCastro and Adams could not participate in the voluntary OTAs because of NFL rules that prohibit players whose college classes haven't graduated from attending.

Marcus Gilbert was at left tackle and Willie Colon was at left guard with the first team. Veteran Trai Essex lined at right tackle with the first-team offensive line.

But DeCastro and Adams weren't the only highly regarded rookies to finally get on the field.
Nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu, their fourth-round pick from Washington, also made his first appearance with his new team. Ta'amu is a thick 350-pound nose tackle from Samoa who will likely be the long-term replacement for Pro Bowl NT Casey Hampton. Like DeCastro and Adams, he could not attend OTAs.

"I'm happy to be here," Ta'amu said with a smile. "I'm a Steeler, man."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-top-picks-join-640066/#ixzz1xbXQajCE

Like most of us have been saying, Adams will get work at LT but it's no lock that he'll start there. If the alternative is J. Scott, I might take Adams..LOL

K Train
06-12-2012, 03:56 PM
you definitely take adams over scott lol

BlitzburghRockCity
06-12-2012, 04:06 PM
LOL I think I'd take my chances with Adams at that point too if we're talking the left side.

Adams can learn the right side, I'm still not giving up hope that Gilbert becomes a permanent fixture at LT and Adams at Rt.

JensK
06-12-2012, 04:36 PM
To be nitpicking a little, DeCastro cannot attend to camp yet as he is not yet signed.

K Train
06-12-2012, 04:58 PM
To be nitpicking a little, DeCastro cannot attend to camp yet as he is not yet signed.
he attended today, which he is allowed to do. just like luck and griffen can attend mini camps

now on the note of decastro, what a piece of **** for not signing his deal yet, who does he think he is?????????? a wide reciever with 3200 yards and 24 Tds in 3 years?????

what ive learned from the last few weeks on these boards, if youre not under contract....you might as well be the anti christ

:-)

Real Deal Steel
06-12-2012, 05:18 PM
LOL I think I'd take my chances with Adams at that point too if we're talking the left side.

Adams can learn the right side, I'm still not giving up hope that Gilbert becomes a permanent fixture at LT and Adams at Rt.

Hey Blitz, don't you love having these mix and match problems compared to where we were two years ago? :)

JensK
06-12-2012, 05:42 PM
I just assumed we meant TC.

tburg68
06-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Adams is the better LT talent than Gilbert. That's not a knock on Gilbert, it's an acknowlegement of Adams ability.
Adams is a first round talent, make no mistake.

ChucktownSteeler
06-12-2012, 08:12 PM
The line will be in fine shape, no doubt. It is extremely pleasing to me we are discussing the players we have and not Kemo and Scott.

C-town

NorCalSteel
06-12-2012, 08:59 PM
he attended today, which he is allowed to do. just like luck and griffen can attend mini camps

now on the note of decastro, what a piece of **** for not signing his deal yet, who does he think he is?????????? a wide reciever with 3200 yards and 24 Tds in 3 years?????

what ive learned from the last few weeks on these boards, if youre not under contract....you might as well be the anti christ

:-)

Quick somebody grab ktrain a Tampax he is flowing again..lol

NorCalSteel
06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Scott we won a Superbowl with at tackle is now no good? hmmm I hope Adams turns out to be the LT we need. Its a little early to put him above somebody that we know can at least do the job.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Scott we won a Superbowl with at tackle is now no good? hmmm I hope Adams turns out to be the LT we need. Its a little early to put him above somebody that we know can at least do the job.

We won the Super Bowl with Jonathan Scott at OT? since when...I thought you knew everything about the Steelers...lol We lost to the Packers with Scott at LT.........2005 Marvel Smith was the LT and Max Starks was the RT.........2008 it was Max Starks at LT and Willie Colon at RT..........

If you really think Jonathan Scott is a quality OT then you need to be shot......He was such a train wreck last year the team brought back Max Starks........

Black@Gold Forever32
06-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Of course I'm not blaming the Super Bowl loss to the Pack on Scott...It was a team loss....But it was clear even in 2010 when Starks went down with injury and Scott replaced him that Scott was average at best.......

The Lakelander
06-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Adams is going to be a beast ... I can sense it ...

BlitzburghRockCity
06-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Scott was an adequate RT last year in spot duty. I have zero confidence in him on the left side. Keeping him as a backup wouldn't be the worst thing in the world... Unless he has to play. LOL.

Seriously though he's likely going to make the team. Adams and Gilbert are locks. Colon can play Tackle as well. That leaves one spot atleast and Scott probably gets it.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

K Train
06-13-2012, 02:16 AM

haha yeah that jonathan scott who was raped every chance he got since he made the team and is in fact ringless

somebody grab norcalsteel a muzzle, hes spewing nonsensical horseshit again

ChucktownSteeler
06-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Scott at LT is a train wreck. I think that's the main reason Starks was brought back last year.

Cut Scott now. Adams is a beast compared to Scott.

Yoi!

C-town

NorCalSteel
06-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Hey everybody gets one mistake look at ktrain he has been dealing with it since birth..and he is a god..

jpele
06-13-2012, 08:54 AM
No mention of Ramon Foster ?

FeelSteel
06-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Awesome!!! I can't wait to see what these new guys add to our team.

K Train
06-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Hey everybody gets one mistake look at ktrain he has been dealing with it since birth..and he is a god..
lol good one, you got me

No mention of Ramon Foster ?
he was runnign with the first team at RG with essex at RT, then they worked in decastro and adams for some first team reps

BlitzburghRockCity
06-13-2012, 10:53 AM
If Foster is still going to play RG then obviously he'll battle it out with DeCastro at this point. If that's the case then DC would have to have a really subpar camp. That's not a knock against Foster, I've been a big supporter of his, but a first round draft pick who is supposed to be the future can't be kept off the field for too long.

K Train
06-13-2012, 11:04 AM
i dont expect it to even be a battle

love foster as a backup RG though

BlitzburghRockCity
06-14-2012, 05:45 PM
If Foster fights it out with DeCastro and wins then I have some serious questions about DC's abilities. Again, not a knock on Foster at all who I really like but a first rounder touted to be the next Faneca better be able to beat out just about anyone.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-14-2012, 06:08 PM
If Foster fights it out with DeCastro and wins then I have some serious questions about DC's abilities. Again, not a knock on Foster at all who I really like but a first rounder touted to be the next Faneca better be able to beat out just about anyone.

Agree but I have no worries about DeCastro....He was my favorite player in this draft from a Steelers need perspective.......Best Steelers OL in years....Adams and DeCastro will be studs.....

ChucktownSteeler
06-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Has DeCastro signed yet? I haven't seen it. Isn't this a risk by not being signed?

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
06-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Nope he hasn't signed yet. It's not a big deal unless it ends up not getting done and training camp comes around. He can still work out with the team and learn the playbook until then. They'll get it done and he'll be in camp on time, I wouldn't imagine we'll see many holdouts anymore with the rookie salary cap being what it is.

Nolrog
06-15-2012, 07:56 AM

Scott can do the job? Do you actually watch Steeler games?

NorCalSteel
06-15-2012, 08:21 AM
every one of them..what is the teams record with him at tackle?

JensK
06-15-2012, 08:43 AM
That is a terrible argument. The Steelers were absolutely winning despite of him, not because of him. That would be the same as claiming Frank Summers was a great FB because we won a game in which he played.

K Train
06-15-2012, 10:13 AM
lol what nonsense. jonathan scott is horrid, were lucky they can win with ben running for his life. Hes easily a bottom 5 LT, easily

NorCalSteel
06-15-2012, 05:06 PM
He is the best we had at the time and if the steelers felt he could do the job then it is OK with me. I know it doesn't fit with what you guys like to do here(bitch everybody we have is horrible) but in salary cap football if everybody is a pro bowler we cant afford to keep them. I have seen allot worse i have seen allot better. Do you know for a fact Adams will be better? I hope that he is. I hope Adams is our starting left tackle for the next 15 years and they make a movie about him..lol. my original comment was in regards to Adams being a huge upgrade over Scott(which I hope he is) I would love to see adams at least put on some pads in the pros before i make a comment about how great he is..and stay drug free..

Black@Gold Forever32
06-15-2012, 06:14 PM
He is the best we had at the time and if the steelers felt he could do the job then it is OK with me. I know it doesn't fit with what you guys like to do here(bitch everybody we have is horrible) but in salary cap football if everybody is a pro bowler we cant afford to keep them. I have seen allot worse i have seen allot better. Do you know for a fact Adams will be better? I hope that he is. I hope Adams is our starting left tackle for the next 15 years and they make a movie about him..lol. my original comment was in regards to Adams being a huge upgrade over Scott(which I hope he is) I would love to see adams at least put on some pads in the pros before i make a comment about how great he is..and stay drug free..

Do you understand the concept of message board?........Nobody is expecting every player to be pro bowl level type player......lol But nice back tracking after stating that the Steelers won the Super Bowl with Jonathan Scott at OT.....Scott is average at best and is best suited as a swing OT......

As for Mike Adams nobody is proclaiming him to be great but just excited about his potential and the fact the Steelers got a potential steal at the end of the second of the draft........

Ok you said its ok with you that the Steelers felt that Scott could do the job...How about you take your same advice with Adams?......You do know the Steelers did pull Adams off their draft board but Adams called the Steelers to give him a 2nd chance and the Steelers gave Adams certain steps to take for him to be put back on their draft board....Which Adams did.....So don't you think you should be ok if the Steelers think Adams can stay drug free?........Its clear the Steelers think so since they drafted him.......

NorCalSteel
06-15-2012, 07:43 PM
hmmm if you read what I wrote about Adams you would not of had to put out a paragraph of useless drivel...and the steelers GM said himself he hopes that Adams can stay drug free and that they took a chance on him. I hope he is correct..btw your a idiot

Black@Gold Forever32
06-15-2012, 08:29 PM
hmmm if you read what I wrote about Adams you would not of had to put out a paragraph of useless drivel...and the steelers GM said himself he hopes that Adams can stay drug free and that they took a chance on him. I hope he is correct..btw your a idiot

useless drivel....you mean every post you have contributed on this site.........I wouldn't be calling anybody idiots when you posted the Steelers won a Super Bowl with Jonathan Scott at LT?....lol Do us all a favor and climb back under the rock you came from......

NorCalSteel
06-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I was incorrect about Scott and a superbowl win that's what happens when I respond before drinking coffee...on a side note he is not the reason we lost to Greenbay either. He was good enough to get us to a Superbowl...I think if Rashard Doesn't fumble we win(I will always believe that.lol) JMO

Black@Gold Forever32
06-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Never said Scott was the reason the Steelers lost to the Packers...I stated it was a team loss.....The whole team was off in that game and to many turn overs by the offense killed them.....But seriously just because Scott was along there for the ride doesn't mean Scott is a good OT.....He is average at best and is best suited as a swing OT....Not a 16 game starter......

The Steelers won the Super Bowl in 2008 with undrafted bums like Darnell Stapleton starting at RG........Since the Steelers won it all with Stapleton does that mean he was a good OG?........

strummerfan
06-15-2012, 08:44 PM
He was good enough to get us to a Superbowl...I think if Rashard Doesn't fumble we win(I will always believe that.lol) JMO

If Ben hadn't thrown 2 interceptions we probably would have won too. :)

Big T
06-15-2012, 10:47 PM

Oh the irony...

NorCalSteel
06-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Never said Scott was the reason the Steelers lost to the Packers...I stated it was a team loss.....The whole team was off in that game and to many turn overs by the offense killed them.....But seriously just because Scott was along there for the ride doesn't mean Scott is a good OT.....He is average at best and is best suited as a swing OT....Not a 16 game starter......

The Steelers won the Super Bowl in 2008 with undrafted bums like Darnell Stapleton starting at RG........Since the Steelers won it all with Stapleton does that mean he was a good OG?........
that means he was good enough to help the team win..he was good enough to be on the roster of a Superbowl calliber team..

NorCalSteel
06-16-2012, 07:33 AM
lol I am being flamed by somebody who calls himself BigT...yes ironic biggyt

BlacknGoldHaze
06-16-2012, 10:21 AM
"Hope" that Adams is an upgrade over Scott?? "Hope".....really??:scratch: Have you seen this guy play at Ohio State? And what was it about Scott's play last year that gives you confidence in the guy??

BlitzburghRockCity
06-16-2012, 11:10 AM
The only confidence I have in Scott is that he was adequate at RT so if he has to fill in due to injury for a couple games there it wouldn't be the end of the world. However as a starter, no, there's too much talent at Tackle right now to go back down that road.

Big T
06-16-2012, 11:51 AM

Let's see... Flamed? Lol. Now, I'm no grammar nazi... But when calling someone an idiot, make sure you don't make 2 dumbass mistakes in the one sentence you call someone an idiot in. btw, you're an idiot.

NorCalSteel
06-16-2012, 05:38 PM
lol oh great you are one of those guys....is this a spelling forum..get a life..

NorCalSteel
06-16-2012, 05:42 PM
I have seen Adams play..let me make this clear I hope he is Better than expected, An All Pro from day 1 seriously. We have all seen OL draft picks come and go and not live up to the hype. I hope he slides right in. Its all about the Steelers winning guys that's all I really care about. I don't care how it gets done..

Big T
06-16-2012, 06:38 PM
lol oh great you are one of those guys....is this a spelling forum..get a life..

No. I am not one of those guys. I couldn't care less if every word you type is misspelled... Having said that, if you call someone an idiot, while making idiotic, elementary school mistakes, you're going to get called out. Sorry if I hurt your feelings there big guy ;)

NorCalSteel
06-16-2012, 06:54 PM
lol didn't hurt my feelings. Because I obviously don't care what you guys think of me..If you are trying to be funny at my expense your wasting bandwidth..plus correcting peoples grammar in open forums is the first sign of people with ADHD get back on your meds...

JensK
06-16-2012, 08:49 PM
lol didn't hurt my feelings. Because I obviously don't care what you guys think of me..If you are trying to be funny at my expense your wasting bandwidth..plus correcting peoples grammar in open forums is the first sign of people with ADHD get back on your meds...

You know you are running out of ways to insult people without making a complete fool of yourself when you begin with ADHD.

NorCalSteel
06-17-2012, 12:39 AM
lol I have a ton of them so don't worry..everybody has to chime in with a opinion isn't that great!! as soon as you make a comments like you did you are no better than me or the rest of the people who cast insults. The only different is I never start it. bad time of the month for you jen you feel the need to start with me also...see add that to the list? anybody else want to make a comment about me or can we just discuss some football here wtf? lol

JensK
06-17-2012, 07:23 AM
lol I have a ton of them so don't worry..everybody has to chime in with a opinion isn't that great!! as soon as you make a comments like you did you are no better than me or the rest of the people who cast insults. The only different is I never start it. bad time of the month for you jen you feel the need to start with me also...see add that to the list? anybody else want to make a comment about me or can we just discuss some football here wtf? lol

Quick somebody grab ktrain a Tampax he is flowing again..lol

btw your a idiot

There is quite a bit of irony here. You were the first person to make a comment which had nothing to do with football, directly insulting Ktrain. Not that I really care much since if anyone on this board can take it it is probably him. That is, however, besides the point. You kept going with the personal insults whereas others merely started with disagreeing with your football opinions.

NorCalSteel
06-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Wrong dear it all started before this with ktrain. I do like how you just singled out all my posts and none of the ones that were aimed at me first...very nice. You should get a job as a political campaign manager I think there is a bright future in it for you..lol. Remember don't let actual facts get in the way of a good story ;)

K Train
06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
im just glad i was able to walk out of this thread unscathed and with all of my feelings in tact, norcalsteel sure knows how to hit you where it hurts most....efeelings

lol

LatrobePA
06-18-2012, 11:32 AM
How in the hell did this all happen with out me being at the center of it? Damn I didn't do my job, sorry gang! lol

ChucktownSteeler
06-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Let's end this thread, guys.

C-town

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Bump......NorCalSteel is at it again...He says I go out of my way to treat fellow fans like *******s......lol I guess he forgot about this thread.....