PDA

View Full Version : Santonio at it again

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2012, 01:03 PM
This was posted up the other day on PFT and I was thinking about it again for some reason this morning. Not that I spend a large amount of time thinking about a dude like Holmes, but man he had so much in front of him in Pittsburgh. Super Bowl winning catch, MVP, and you just screw it all up, get yourself released.

Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com reports that Holmes was “disgusted” and “bothered” today when he felt that the Jets’ coaches were working him too hard, that Holmes “staged a mini-meltdown (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8021755/santonio-holmes-new-york-jets-ends-practice-early-felt-overused)” and that he “exchanged words with receivers coach Sanjay Lal.”After the practice session, Holmes confirmed that he thought the coaches were asking too much of him and that he wanted to ease back into things after missing much of the Jets’ voluntary offseason work while visiting an Air Force base in Germany.“I was talking to the coach, letting him understand it was too many reps today,” Holmes said. “I’ve been gone for a while, so I can’t be at full tempo like the rest of the guys and where they want us to be at.”

LarryNJ
06-11-2012, 02:39 PM
hahaha I was listen to sports ta;k radio in NY on Friday. Most of them were bitching it was comical.

LatrobePA
06-11-2012, 02:56 PM
F'N POS!

Boo Hoo, making millions is rough! Suck it up puss boy!

Real Deal Steel
06-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Santonio is in Syberia. Where he belongs. Enjoy it son.

nuclearchihuahuas
06-11-2012, 05:39 PM
I am soooo glad we dropped him!

ChucktownSteeler
06-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Addition by subtraction.

cmerrifield
06-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Not only did we dump a distraction, we picked up A. Brown with that pick and got a WR whose only problem is that he works too hard.

sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
06-12-2012, 08:37 AM
You actually have the jewels to go up to your coach and tell him that he's working you too hard, when it's only mini camp?! When you and your team have underachieved in the post season since Rex Ryan arrived? :lol:

K Train
06-12-2012, 09:27 AM
he was never really a problem here like he is with the jets, thats the atmosphere rex ryan creates though...he created the monsters in holmes, cro, revis imo...none of them had attitude problems before they were allowed to

cbrunn
06-12-2012, 10:20 AM
he was never really a problem here like he is with the jets, thats the atmosphere rex ryan creates though...he created the monsters in holmes, cro, revis imo...none of them had attitude problems before they were allowed to

i agree with Train here ... it's the Rex Ryan effect ... i used to think he would be a good head coach ... but he's just not , to many distractions ... great coordinator but not leader of men

BubbyBlister
06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
i agree with Train here ... it's the Rex Ryan effect ... i used to think he would be a good head coach ... but he's just not , to many distractions ... great coordinator but not leader of men Not sure it's all Ryan's fault and his attitude change after being Superbowl MVP and he turned into more of a prima donna. Glad the Rooney's recognized it early enough and cut the head off the snake.

BubbyBlister
06-12-2012, 11:19 AM
As for Ryan he's only going as far as his qb Sanchez can take him. Sanchez is a average qb at best so Rex relies on the running game more.The rbs he had and has are nothing special with Greene and past his time LT, add in the fact defenses are stacking the line against them daring Sanchez to beat them. Don't know if Tebow is the answer but till they deal with the fact of what they have in Sanchez, I don't expect the Jets to go far anytime soon.