PDA

View Full Version : T.O. or Ocho anyone?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Just had to post this up, with Chad Johnson (yes I still call him that) being a former AFC North guy now teaming up with T.O. to work out together and perhaps help each other in signing on with another team. Assuming it's not too late of course which in mind it already is but hey...the Steelers could use a 5th WR so :lol:

Chad Ochocinco (left) and Terrell Owens have combined for 26,993 receiving yards and 223 total touchdowns in their NFL careers.

Ochocinco, released by the New England Patriots on Thursday, worked out with Terrell Owens in Miami this weekend. The video footage of this seminal event was provided by OCNN, Ochocinco's news network (or something to that effect).

Ochocinco and Owens are seen running routes and catching balls in one short video. In another, Owens discusses his hopes of an NFL return.

"Eventually, I'm coming back. All I need is one team," he said, wearing his now customary uniform of no shirt, fresh coat of perspiration and dog tags. "Everybody's talking about what happened five, seven years ago. See my heart, not my past."

Though it's unlikely NFL general managers are clawing at each other over a 38-year-old receiver with character issues coming off major knee surgery, Owens was asked where he would like to play preferably.

"Ideally, there's a few teams out there," he said. "Obviously I want to go to a contender, but whatever the case may be I just want the opportunity to go out play a couple more years, I'm still productive.

"I've done some things wrong, but hey, I was young, immature, but right now I'm moving forward, turning over pages."

Ochocinco remains out of the shot during this interview, which is probably for the best. Owens is facing a serious uphill struggle to get back to the NFL, and Ochocinco is best served to keep his own quest for employment separate.

That said, this must be some treat for 2010 Cincinnati Bengals nostalgists. We know you're out there! NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829b7fd8/article/terrell-owens-chad-ochocinco-work-out-in-miami?module=HP11_headline_stack?campaign=Ext_Emai l_1st10_Daily_Tst_Opt)

LatrobePA
06-11-2012, 10:08 AM
LMAO! TO is a turd, Ocho would be best fit in INDY w/ one route BA!

Zachintosh66
06-11-2012, 10:10 AM
hell naw... TO = head case, CJ = too dumb to learn a playbook

acero
06-11-2012, 10:44 AM
not for the steelers buddy !!!

ChucktownSteeler
06-11-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't want either one.

Real Deal Steel
06-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Keep both those bozos away from my Steelers. LOL

PsychoWard
06-11-2012, 12:58 PM
i knew this thread was coming eventually :lol:

Raleigh Steel
06-11-2012, 01:18 PM
T. NO.

NOchNOcincNO

SteelDad
06-11-2012, 02:36 PM
There is no question we should sign either or both of these fine players. Who am I kidding? I can't even make a joke of it.:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

LarryNJ
06-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Well we keep Charlie Batch so I'd guess some team out there will take one of them, probably CJ.

JensK
06-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Ocho is not really a bad player though. He never got much of a chance in New England, but he might still be able to come in as a 5th WR and do some damage. I suppose TO could as well, although I doubt it.
Surely, both of them are characters which is why they'll never sign, but I would not be mad as such to bring either of them into TC and see how they do.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I hope nobody actually thinks I'm in favor of signing either one. Honestly the lesser of 2 evils is probably Chad Johnson. TO is still a head case, he proved that by getting released from his indoor league team.

Chad could probably give a team with a less complicated offense some help.

LatrobePA
06-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Chad is stupid and cannot learn a playbook, in some way he cost Palmer his job in cincinnati!

Steelersfan
06-11-2012, 10:49 PM
He just signed with Dolphins according to ESPN.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

BubbyBlister
06-12-2012, 03:50 AM
If the Steelers were really interested in wr's past there prime they would have kept Hines.

BubbyBlister
06-12-2012, 03:53 AM

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Probably his best and maybe only option. Miami don't have much at all at wr after Marshall is gone and Chad might get a few balls throwing his way there.

Blazedby92
06-12-2012, 04:08 AM
This thread belongs in the comedy catagory

Mike Tomlin
06-12-2012, 04:44 AM

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2DAMN! There goes our superbowl...............................:lol:

K Train
06-12-2012, 08:57 AM
actually id love both...but really only if wallace actually holds out, i think TO would be more of a glorified TE at this point but hes a good blocker, broke as **** (undeserving imo if anyone sees what the unemployed man has to pay for child support, enough to send his kid to college every month)

chad johnson was a bad fit in NE, he is too much of a freelancer and thats pretty much all we have and all we need with the way ben plays, i know we hate him for good reason but you cant really underestimate a player coming in with knowledge of the bengals and an extreme motivation to beat them now that he was cut. As a number 3/4 either would be great...both are only gonna get the vet minimum, id say its a mistake to bring them in if you are looking to develop young talent, but our young talent is gonna get the majority of the reps, so it couldnt hurt...again, only if wallace officially holds out

EDIT, just saw johnson signed with the fins

BubbyBlister
06-12-2012, 09:06 AM
actually id love both...but really only if wallace actually holds out, i think TO would be more of a glorified TE at this point but hes a good blocker, broke as **** (undeserving imo if anyone sees what the unemployed man has to pay for child support, enough to send his kid to college every month)

chad johnson was a bad fit in NE, he is too much of a freelancer and thats pretty much all we have and all we need with the way ben plays, i know we hate him for good reason but you cant really underestimate a player coming in with knowledge of the bengals and an extreme motivation to beat them now that he was cut. As a number 3/4 either would be great...both are only gonna get the vet minimum, id say its a mistake to bring them in if you are looking to develop young talent, but our young talent is gonna get the majority of the reps, so it couldnt hurt...again, only if wallace officially holds out

EDIT, just saw johnson signed with the fins Lets go get Ryan Leaf too just in case Ben gets hurt. I heard he might be available and is not under contract with Wal Mart.

K Train
06-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Lets go get Ryan Leaf too just in case Ben gets hurt. I heard he might be available and is not under contract with Wal Mart.

hes in jail lol

anyway it was just a thought..neither is gonna get paid much, for long, with anything guaranteed it would be low risk, honestly if they were gonna sign a vet WR i would have wanted them to go after moss. Id be pretty comfortable with sanders/brown/cotch as the top 3 for a short while if wallace holds out, but we would need to bring someone in temporarily

BubbyBlister
06-12-2012, 09:18 AM
hes in jail lol

anyway it was just a thought..neither is gonna get paid much, for long, with anything guaranteed it would be low risk, honestly if they were gonna sign a vet WR i would have wanted them to go after moss. Id be pretty comfortable with sanders/brown/cotch as the top 3 for a short while if wallace holds out, but we would need to bring someone in temporarily I was just messing with ya but understood your points. Not sure Chad or TO have much left to offer though. Lets just hope Wallace signs cause this offense will be good without him but with him it can be great.

K Train
06-12-2012, 04:42 PM
We have lauded the Dolphins for their signing of Chad Ochocinco in large part because we have assumed that his contract was a low-risk move, after seeing the numbers, you could call it a no-risk move. Peter King of SI.com reports that Ochocinco signed for the veteran's minimum of $925,000 deal. He can double that through incentives to just over $2 million, but he will need to catch 80 passes to do that, he caught 15 last year. Basically, the Dolphins can cut him before the season starts with no penalty. There is no guaranteed money and we think Ochocinco will have to earn a starting job to even make the team.

just to show the type of deal these guys get...which is pretty much what moss got and what TO will get if he goes anywhere.

MDSteel15
06-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Somebody shut this thread down befoore I throw up...

86WARD
06-27-2012, 08:58 PM
It's funny that this was even a topic or a suggestion...

ChucktownSteeler
06-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Can we delete?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-27-2012, 10:36 PM
LOL I knew this would get people going, hey it's the offseason... I never expected that the Steelers would given second thought to either one, nor would I want either one but it was good for a laugh

connecticutsteel
06-28-2012, 12:18 AM
I might become a Browns fan if we signed either one

86WARD
06-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Let's not get carried away...

SnakeEyes43
06-28-2012, 07:50 PM
:barf:

greg1964
06-29-2012, 07:57 AM
NO>>>>>>>>>>>