PDA

View Full Version : Who is the fastest D-lineman on the Steelers?

connecticutsteel
06-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Drumroll................ ZIGGY HOOD 40 YD DASH 4.83 SEC
Ike Igbinosun is 2nd with 4.94
Cam heyward is3rd with 4.95

* AS A ROOKIE Kiesel ran 4.89 but this is about 2012

K Train
06-09-2012, 02:55 PM
keisel, remember when he was only used a ST? teams had to gameplan how to block someone that big and that fast.

hood is fast, but keisel is legit fast enough to shed 15 pounds and play OLB

BlitzburghRockCity
06-09-2012, 03:59 PM
He just put on 20 lbs of muscle, now you want him to drop 15 more and play outside? LOL

Hood is taking this offseason more personally than any so far since he joined the league. He knows this is his time so I expect big things from him.

Don't count out Ike Igbinosun, he's a big underdog but I think he'd make a great practice squad player for the future.

K Train
06-09-2012, 06:02 PM
nah thats not what i meant, i meant he offers flexibility in his size pretty easily...when he was a ST he wasnt at his size he is now (when von olehoffen was the starter), then he bulked up so much to take the RDE spot.

i always say that kiesel could stand up and play OLB if we needed him too, while hood would be more likely to bulk up and play NT. While Smith and Heyward are more traditional 5 techs and offer little position versatility

connecticutsteel
06-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Another interesting fact about Igbinosun his vertical leap is the same as Kobe's 38" good for blocking FG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3P-IHa4fVA&feature=related