PDA

View Full Version : Will we see Mike Adams before Training Camp?

bigplaysteel
06-03-2012, 10:57 AM
http://registrar.osu.edu/staff/bigcal.asp

Above is the Ohio State schedule. The spring quarter ended June 1st. Final Exams are next week and the Commencement is on June 10th.

I'm just guessing, but he should be available for the final spring session on I think June 12, 13, and 14.

This would be a big plus for both him and also us fans who would like to see him. He would pick up a lot of valuable stuff to work on prior to the TC and us fans could get a look at him on the official site [steelers.com] which has an excellent video player and is covering the OTA's really good. Frankly I'm surprised. I think the coverage is even better than it was on FSN [Fox] before they decided to cancel the Steelers. [I have not watched that channel since]

I don't know if the link works. I really only wanted to copy out the 2012 spring schedule but instead of it going across the page in 4 columns it went in single file possibly ended up somewhere near Toledo Ohio so I put the link there.

Incidentally, Ohio State has now gone on a semester type schedule. This spring quarter ended that system. There probably will not be any problems for their players to be at NFL spring practices in the future.

ChucktownSteeler
06-03-2012, 12:25 PM
I think (based on his background of being a life-long Steeler fan) he will be in camp the first day he is eligible.

He is signed, correct?

C-town

JensK
06-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I think (based on his background of being a life-long Steeler fan) he will be in camp the first day he is eligible.

He is signed, correct?

C-town

The only draft pick not under contract currently is Decastro.

ChucktownSteeler
06-03-2012, 01:26 PM
The only draft pick not under contract currently is Decastro.

That's what I thought, didn't understand the thread about him being at camp. He is signed, he will be there as soon as he is eligible.

C-town

connecticutsteel
06-03-2012, 11:23 PM
He has to be at mandatory camp if he is signed they will mail him his diploma DeCastro will be there too

bigplaysteel
06-04-2012, 02:54 AM
Following are the rookie and veteran minicamp dates for 2012, as well as the organized team activity (OTA) dates.

Clubs are permitted to hold a rookie minicamp on one of the first two weekends after the NFL Draft and conduct one mandatory minicamp for veteran players. Clubs with new head coaches, however, are permitted to conduct one additional voluntary minicamp for veteran players. There is no restriction on the number of minicamps a club may hold for rookie players.

----------------------------OTA--------OTA--------OTA---------mini-camp----------mini-camp[attendance mandatory]

Pittsburgh Steelers May 22-24, May 29-31, June 4-7 May 4-6 (rookies), June 12-14

Not sure everyone understands what I am referring too. Above are the dates for the Steelers pre-training camp practice sessions. They are going on now and the third and final OTA will start Tuesday June 4-7. Players from some schools cannot attend these very valuable practices because they are still in school. Ohio State and Stanford are 2 of them. But this year OSU is finishing a little earlier and I would expect that Mike Adams could be at the June 12-14 thing.

Ordainarily, these OTA's are not very important. But this year they are absolutely essential and the Steelers are making the most of them. Enormous progress is being made with some new systems and the players are all in excellent condition already.

There is almost no chance DeCastro will be available since Stanford's quarter extends past the 15th of June. Incidentally, players can attend mini-camps and OTA UNSIGNED. Spence was here a couple of weeks before he signed his contract.

I am referring to the final practice where all players are required to be there [unless officially excused].

I am only mentioning this since there is tremendous interest everywhere in Adams. And if he can make it to those final 3 days of practice that would give him a huge head start on stuff to practice before the Training Camp starts in late July [usually.]

But not only would this benefit Adams but some of us casual fans would like to get a look at him. And, the video coverage of these OTA's on the Steeler Official Site has been excellent. Check it out.

KemoTherapy
06-04-2012, 02:03 PM
How come DeCastro hasn't signed yet ?. The salary compensation for his draft position is pretty well set isn't it ?.

K Train
06-04-2012, 02:06 PM
How come DeCastro hasn't signed yet ?. The salary compensation for his draft position is pretty well set isn't it ?.

he cant attend right now anyway, its not a big deal...he will get the same deal as cam jordan, possibly a little bit more. His agent might be trying to get some more guaranteed money since he was a top 10 projection, but its a small amount of leeway in those negotiations

BlitzburghRockCity
06-04-2012, 02:21 PM
He is signed so he'll (Adams) be in the final mini camp that is mandatory as long as he's finished school. Players don't have to be signed to be in those mini camps, only signed for training camp in Latrobe later this summer.

DeCastro, I'd like to see him in camp awhile but it's not the end of the world if he isn't.

bigplaysteel
06-04-2012, 04:54 PM
He is signed so he'll (Adams) be in the final mini camp that is mandatory as long as he's finished school. Players don't have to be signed to be in those mini camps, only signed for training camp in Latrobe later this summer.

DeCastro, I'd like to see him in camp awhile but it's not the end of the world if he isn't.

This year for some reason Ohio State has ended the spring quarter June1. Final Exams are this week and they have a Commencement[really not sure what that is] but it sounds like an ending and it is on the 10th of June. If so, and I have not heard anything about it, it seems he would be available for that final session. And that is this year a big thing.

Ordainarily, these OTA's and stuff are really not such a big thing, but this year with the new systems etc they certainly are. I have been watching the videos on the Steeler Official site [they are excellent] and much more than usual is going on.

Now since just about every board I looked at lately was inundated with threads about Mike Adams and his possible role this season I just wondered if anyone knew for sure if he would be at the final mini camp June 12.

Stanford will not finish until later in June and that is probably why DeCastro has not been signed. Us fans will have to wait till TC in late July to get a look at him. I'm betting he will be signed before TC begins.

I mean if I saw it once, I saw it a 100 times---- many fans are projecting a starting OL of Adams LT Colon LG Pouncey C DeCastro RG and Gilbert RT. This does sound dynamic I agree, but my crystal ball is a bit cloudy and I am really anxious to see these players..-

I am just guessing that Adams will be at that mini camp. Something that I don't think Santonio Holmes or Mike Vrabel or any of the other players drafted from Ohio State were able to do. That's why I brought this up.