PDA

View Full Version : Why all the love for Haley?

strummerfan
05-28-2012, 08:33 AM
I've seen him called a master, genius blah blah blah, but I honestly think it's just homerism at it's finest. His track record as an OC is actually pretty small. He was the OC in Arizona for two years, but he ran Whiz's offense and didn't call plays for the majority of 2007. In 2008 he called the plays, but it was Whiz's offensive scheme. He called the plays for one year in KC, but it was Kevin Gilbride's offense. The following year Charlie Weiss was the OC and called the plays. Basically he's got two whole seasons as an OC where he called the plays, but both of those were utilizing someone else's system. Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed, just not so sure he's everything some Steeler fans make him out to be.

coldrolled
05-28-2012, 09:31 AM
We just got rid of the QB killer OC and not becausee of the fans or the media, the media was nice to him. They blamed the OL always. Finally management fired his butt.

So steeler fans have to be pumped up with Haley. He is young, smart and is not Arians.

Lets see what happens to Luck this year and Ben this year. It should be fun to watch.

strummerfan
05-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Dude this is about Todd Haley not Bruce Freaking Arians

Speeed
05-28-2012, 10:22 AM
He asked why, and he gave you an answer. Not to mention the previous OC while answering a question about why all the excitement over a new one would seem odd to me. Not the answer you were looking for? It seems you have an agenda then and are not interested in different answers. At least that is what your response leads me to believe.

I Am not excited over Haley per se, but a change is nice. Especially since things seemed so stale. We saw the same game after game, except for the NE game. Somebody kidnapped the real BA and substituted him with an OC that had a clue. Of course he came back next week. I think we will see some struggles this year as everybody warms up to each other and acclimates. We will have some surprises for the other teams, that is for sure. I am hoping for the best!

Dude this is about Todd Haley not Bruce Freaking Arians

strummerfan
05-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Sorry pal, no agenda. Arians is gone and he's not part of the topic at hand.

SteelDad
05-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Tomlin went through similar comparisons when he took the reins from Cowher so its hard not to mention Arians when Haley is the subject.
Trust me, everytime something goes poorly with the 2012 offense the BA apologists will be out in droves. If the offense goes well the BA haters will be on stage.
I'm excited for Haley simply because I want to see our offense do something different and utilize our athleticism better.
The red zone is going to be the key area where Haley will separate himself from BA. Or not....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Black@Gold Forever32
05-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Tomlin went through similar comparisons when he took the reins from Cowher so its hard not to mention Arians when Haley is the subject.
Trust me, everytime something goes poorly with the 2012 offense the BA apologists will be out in droves. If the offense goes well the BA haters will be on stage.
I'm excited for Haley simply because I want to see our offense do something different and utilize our athleticism better.
The red zone is going to be the key area where Haley will separate himself from BA. Or not....

Well said......I went back and forth with BA....I thought his schemes were very good but I thought his play-calling was stale and just predictable at times......One thing Todd Haley has going for him right now is an improved offensive line......The red zone is the key like you mentioned and that is the biggest reason why BA had to go.....The Steelers just didn't score enough on offense with the talent they had on offense......

I think Todd Haley is a creative offensive mind and I mentioned wanting him as OC last December but I didn't really think the Steelers would get rid of BA so I really didn't think Haley would end up the Steelers OC........First part of the season it should be expected the offense will struggle some with two rookies starting along the OL potentially and the players learning a new offense period......

Zachintosh66
05-28-2012, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE]Why all the love for Haley?/QUOTE]

b/c its not BA!!!

Zachintosh66
05-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Why all the love for Haley?

b/c its not BA!!!

SnakeEyes43
05-28-2012, 11:46 AM
I think people are just excited about someone new coming in, I don't think it's a "lovefest", at least not on these forums.

Well for me, it's really not just Haley, it's a combination of things. With BA out, I'm excited to see what this offense is capable of with a new play caller, new schemes, new looks, etc. A new OC is pretty sweet news considering the stale turd we had before. We also have (possibly) the best WR corps and best o-line we have had in a few years. We have a healthy Ben who could maybe have the best year of his career. And I'm even excited about Redman getting more playing time this year, I think he'll compliment this physical "push you around" line very well. And then Mendy should be back with fresh legs around week 7 or so. It seemed to me that getting a new OC was something that was simply essential for the future success of this offense and it happened. Its freaking exciting and the possibilities are seeming endless for this group!

tburg68
05-28-2012, 11:51 AM
it's just homerism at it's finest. His track record as an OC is actually pretty small. He was the OC in Arizona for two years, but he ran Whiz's offense and didn't call plays. In 2008 he called the plays, but it was Whiz's offensive scheme. He called the plays for one year in KC, but it was Kevin Gilbride's offense. The following year Charlie Weiss was the OC and called the plays.

So he had nothing to do with the plays as an OC because of the Head Coach, and he also had nothing to do with the plays as a HC because of the Offensive Coordinator??

Seems like quite a reach to assume both scenarios are true.

strummerfan
05-28-2012, 12:36 PM
So he had nothing to do with the plays as an OC because of the Head Coach, and he also had nothing to do with the plays as a HC because of the Offensive Coordinator??

Seems like quite a reach to assume both scenarios are true.

Not really. It's far more likely that Whiz installed his offense and called the plays until he trusted his rookie OC than letting a rookie oc install an offense and then call the plays for him. Do you actually have any input about the topic?

K Train
05-28-2012, 12:37 PM
I've seen him called a master, genius blah blah blah, but I honestly think it's just homerism at it's finest. His track record as an OC is actually pretty small. He was the OC in Arizona for two years, but he ran Whiz's offense and didn't call plays for the majority of 2007. In 2008 he called the plays, but it was Whiz's offensive scheme. He called the plays for one year in KC, but it was Kevin Gilbride's offense. The following year Charlie Weiss was the OC and called the plays. Basically he's got two whole seasons as an OC where he called the plays, but both of those were utilizing someone else's system. Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed, just not so sure he's everything some Steeler fans make him out to be.
its more about him being impressive wherever hes been. he turned terry glenn into a pro bowler in dallas, they raved about him as WR coach and how he really brought out the best in their game....that got him the gig in AZ, where he used the elite talent at WR and kurt warners quick release to make a historically good passing attack, which made sense considering how terrible their personnel was for a run game. then in KC he called the plays his first year and turned jamaal charles into a pro bowler by making KCs ground game dominant...he had a rough go in his last year at KC. Berry, Moeaki, Charles all go hurt (all probably their best players) and even his painfully average QB got hurt. Pioli probably shouldnt have fired him, but whatever hes got a lot of talent to work with here, theres legit reason to be excited....espcially since we as fans cite poor play calling and game planning as the reason to holding them back, and its legit...arians was truly terrible and winning a superbowl with him calling the shots makes me wonder how good they could have been the last few years if they werent so stubborn about keeping arians.

genius and master might be premature, but hes very sound and understands the game

strummerfan
05-28-2012, 12:46 PM
its more about him being impressive wherever hes been. he turned terry glenn into a pro bowler in dallas, they raved about him as WR coach and how he really brought out the best in their game....that got him the gig in AZ, where he used the elite talent at WR and kurt warners quick release to make a historically good passing attack, which made sense considering how terrible their personnel was for a run game. then in KC he called the plays his first year and turned jamaal charles into a pro bowler by making KCs ground game dominant...he had a rough go in his last year at KC. Berry, Moeaki, Charles all go hurt (all probably their best players) and even his painfully average QB got hurt. Pioli probably shouldnt have fired him, but whatever hes got a lot of talent to work with here, theres legit reason to be excited....espcially since we as fans cite poor play calling and game planning as the reason to holding them back, and its legit...arians was truly terrible and winning a superbowl with him calling the shots makes me wonder how good they could have been the last few years if they werent so stubborn about keeping arians.

genius and master might be premature, but hes very sound and understands the game

Terry Glenn Was rookie of the YEar with the Pats in 1996 I don't htink you can say Haley developed him during his time in Dallas.
Dominant?Really? 11th in the league,4.4 yd per carry, 18points a game

Fans cite poor play calling, but don't know if the initial play called was actually run.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Terry Glenn Was rookie of the YEar with the Pats in 1996 I don't htink you can say Haley developed him during his time in Dallas.

Fans cite poor play calling, but don't know if the initial play called was actually run.

Glenn only had two 1,000 yard seasons with the Pats and two in four years with the Cowboys........He also set career highs in yards per catch and TD's in 2005 with the Cowboys...So its safe to say Todd Haley did have some kind of impact on Terry Glenn while with the Cowboys.......

K Train
05-28-2012, 01:29 PM

its more about his body of work in working with less than spectacular talent in dallas, AZ, and KC...he maximized the talent on some bad teams, theres reason to be excited about what he can do with some talent on a good team

Black@Gold Forever32
05-28-2012, 01:42 PM
What I like about Todd Haley he seems to work to the strengths of the talent he has......In AZ the talent centered around the passing game and the Cards were a top passing team....While with the Chiefs he had Thomas Jones/Jamaal Charles so he ran the ball.......

Its a shame Mendenhall is coming off an ACL tear I could see Haley really turn Mendenhall in the RB he should have been instead of being wasted under BA......Mendenhall has the talent to be a very good weapon in the passing game and I do think Haley would have used Mendenhall in the passing game......Hopefully Mendenhall has a quick recovery......I could see Mendenhall as a monster in a Todd Haley offense.....

The Lakelander
05-28-2012, 02:19 PM
I Am not excited over Haley per se, but a change is nice. Especially since things seemed so stale.

For me it's just this ... I got tired of all the BA bashing ... BA would get bashed after a game where Hines and Heath both dropped passes inside the red zone ... HINES and HEATH!!!!! ... both sure handed pass catchers! ...

I got tired of all the BA hate!

Now it's put up or shut up for Steelers fans ... they got rid of their scapegoat ... now let's see how much bashing happens to Haley ...

Steelers fans expect success on every play ... on every drive ... in every situation ... it's way too rediculously high around here when it comes to expectations ...

Arians had two 1,000 yard WR's in the same season TWICE! ... and it was entirely different sets both times! ... in just 6 seasons! ...

I got so sick of the BA bashing that I was relieved that BA was let go ... even though I liked what his offense was doing ... we had open WR's all over the field on any given drive under BA ... his WR's were aggressive blockers too ...

Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace are NFL stars because of the plays they made in BA's playbook ...

Ben and Santonio won a Super Bowl on a drive that Santonio was the entire offense ... and they weren't drawing those plays in the huddle dirt ... those plays were BA plays from BA's playbook! ...

Arians had his faults ... but innovation and passing attack weren't part of them! ...

Haley will be praised to Kingdom Come if he re-established smash mouthed 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust football in Pittsburgh ... even if Big Ben reverts back to throwing it 38% of the time while we are running it 62% ... because that's what the Steelers fans love! ...

As for me ... I hope Halians throws it 65% of the time ... because that's our strength now and THAT's the NFL! ...

Black@Gold Forever32
05-28-2012, 02:27 PM
For me it's just this ... I got tired of all the BA bashing ... BA would get bashed after a game where Hines and Heath both dropped passes inside the red zone ... HINES and HEATH!!!!! ... both sure handed pass catchers! ...

Now it's put up or shut up for Steelers fans ... they got rid of their scapegoat ... now let's see how much bashing happens to Haley ...

Steelers fans expect success on every play ... on every drive ... in every situation ... it's way too rediculously high around here when it comes to expectations ...

Arians had two 1,000 yard WR's in the same season TWICE! ... and it was entirely different sets both times! ... in just 6 seasons! ...

I got so sick of the BA bashing that I was relieved that BA was let go ... even though I liked what his offense was doing ... we had open WR's all over the field on any given drive under BA ... his WR's were aggressive blockers too ...

Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace are NFL stars because of the plays they made in BA's playbook ...

Ben and Santonio won a Super Bowl on a drive that Santonio was the entire offense ... and they weren't drawing those plays in the huddle dirt ... those plays were BA plays from BA's playbook! ...

Arians had his faults ... but innovation and passing attack weren't part of them! ...

Haley will be praised to Kingdom Come if he re-established smash mouthed 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust football in Pittsburgh ... even if Big Ben reverts back to throwing it 38% of the time while we are running it 62% ... because that's what the Steelers fans love! ...

As for me ... I hope Halians throws it 65% of the time ... because that's our strength now and THAT's the NFL! ...

I use to say all the time that poor execution by the players on offense were a factor to and that isn't BA's fault......But the Steelers were inconsistent in the red zone and really should have scored more with the talent they had offense....That is why BA is gone.....As for Haley if he turns the Steelers offense into a running offense I hope he is fired quick......Its a passing league and the Steelers have the talent on offense to throw the ball....I'm sure Haley realizes that.....

Raleigh Steel
05-28-2012, 02:48 PM
it doesn't matter if we are a running team, a passing team, a well-balanced team...it doesn't matter if we have a 5000 yard passer, (5) 1000 yard receivers, and (2) 1000 yard rushers...if we put up 20 or less per game those stats or philosophies don't mean jack ****.

if we run the ball 99% of the time and score 35 a game...i'll be happy. if we throw 99% of the time and score 35 a game, i'll be happy. stats are for losers...the only stat that matters is points scored for and against.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-28-2012, 03:12 PM
It's a fresh start, that's a big thing. BA's offensive game plans were predictable and stale. His redzone play calling was beyond inefficient and he never placed a premium on working with the offensive line. It was always, get me this weapon and that weapon, well he had the weapons but nobody to protect Ben.

Haley's offenses adapt to the talent on the team. If it has a strong running game, he'll utilize it. If they have a strong passing game, same thing. This is the first time in his career that he's got talent and balance on the offense so I'm excited to see what he can do.

That being said, I wasn't too keen on the hiring at first because of his reputation as a hot head, but the Steelers run their organization so that they surround themselves with quality at every position possible. It's a team first attitude and I Haley can take that passion and channel it into a great gameplan.......I hope.

TarlsQtr
05-28-2012, 03:12 PM

All of those things are nice but how many points did they score? From 20-20, BA was fantastic and I too believe that he received a lot of criticism that was unfair. For instance, the WR bubble screen was a very successful play for the offense though you hear nothing but condemnation for it (Hint to the haters: It is used as a running play and 4 yards is successful.). However, their ability to score points was far below their ability to rack up yards and the talent on the field. Heath Miller had 2 touchdowns in 2010 and another 2 in 2011. TWO! The guy is a HUGE red zone threat and was virtually ignored in the RZ. The guy should be putting up Gronk type numbers (maybe an overstatement, but not by much).

I would love to see and compare the touchdown percentages of first and goal inside the 5 for the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, even the despicable Ravens. We would not even be close. I puke in my mouth a little at the thought of another 20 yard field goal.

strummerfan
05-28-2012, 03:15 PM
I use to say all the time that poor execution by the players on offense were a factor to and that isn't BA's fault......But the Steelers were inconsistent in the red zone and really should have scored more with the talent they had offense....That is why BA is gone.....As for Haley if he turns the Steelers offense into a running offense I hope he is fired quick......Its a passing league and the Steelers have the talent on offense to throw the ball....I'm sure Haley realizes that.....

Here's the thing, our redzone problems go back to long before Arians was the OC.

2003: 50%, 2004: 49.23%, 2005: 62.5%, 2006: 50%, 2007: 59.32%, 2008: 55.93%, 2009: 48.21%, 2010: 52.46%

I saw on another forum where someone broke down our redzone offense over the year and also into 4 game sets. In games 1-4 we were awful in the redzone, games 5-8 and 9-12 we were outstanding, and then 13-16 were back to awful.

TarlsQtr
05-28-2012, 03:24 PM
and [Arians] never placed a premium on working with the offensive line. It was always, get me this weapon and that weapon, well he had the weapons but nobody to protect Ben.

With all due respect, we have no way of knowing this. Unless you have access to Steelers' practices, we do not know if he worked with the OL more, less, or the same as your average OC. We also do not know what he had as his draft priorities. He did not fill out the cards and send them to the commish every April.

As a global statement to everyone posting, we need to remember that comparisons between the two OCs will be done continuously but will also be unfair to a degree. The 2012 offense will be different than the 2011 offense. For instance, if Decastro, Gilbert, and Adams grow into the beasts we would like very early in the season, it will be unfair to use it as a hammer against BA, who was forced to have Kemo, an injured Pouncey, a rookie Gilbert, etc.

TarlsQtr
05-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Here's the thing, our redzone problems go back to long before Arians was the OC.

2003: 50%, 2004: 49.23%, 2005: 62.5%, 2006: 50%, 2007: 59.32%, 2008: 55.93%, 2009: 48.21%, 2010: 52.46%

And part of an OC's job is to fix that. For whatever reason, BA did not. It is not all his fault, but he is far from blameless as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-28-2012, 03:52 PM
It's a fresh start, that's a big thing. BA's offensive game plans were predictable and stale. His redzone play calling was beyond inefficient and he never placed a premium on working with the offensive line. It was always, get me this weapon and that weapon, well he had the weapons but nobody to protect Ben.

Haley's offenses adapt to the talent on the team. If it has a strong running game, he'll utilize it. If they have a strong passing game, same thing. This is the first time in his career that he's got talent and balance on the offense so I'm excited to see what he can do.

That being said, I wasn't too keen on the hiring at first because of his reputation as a hot head, but the Steelers run their organization so that they surround themselves with quality at every position possible. It's a team first attitude and I Haley can take that passion and channel it into a great gameplan.......I hope.

In BA's defense he didn't have talents like DeCastro and Adams just fall into his lap on draft day....The Steelers usually picking at the end of the first round missed on the top OL talent......

Black@Gold Forever32
05-28-2012, 03:55 PM

I saw on another forum where someone broke down our redzone offense over the year and also into 4 game sets. In games 1-4 we were awful in the redzone, games 5-8 and 9-12 we were outstanding, and then 13-16 were back to awful.

The Steelers offense didn't even average 21 points a game last year....With the talent on offense that is a joke.......I didn't hate BA like most in Stiller Nation....Some things I thought he was very good at as OC......But I do think his play-calling was stale at times and to predictable......

SteelDad
05-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Lets remember that while BA may not have been OC in his years prior to his assuming that position, the offense was still very much the same.

Also with Haley... Kurt Warner was given up for dead before he played for Haley. Imagine the possibilities with Ben...

ChucktownSteeler
05-28-2012, 07:23 PM
My fear with Haley is he will use this as a stepping stone back to a HC position. Nothing wrong with that, but if he is here in 3 years I would be surprised. Hate to see us move forward, only to move back again.

I like to promote from within and thought Randy Fitchner should have gotten the job. Who knows, if and when Haley is offered a HC position, Fitchner my be the next OC.

C-town

BubbyBlister
05-28-2012, 08:14 PM
My fear with Haley is he will use this as a stepping stone back to a HC position. Nothing wrong with that, but if he is here in 3 years I would be surprised. Hate to see us move forward, only to move back again.

I like to promote from within and thought Randy Fitchner should have gotten the job. Who knows, if and when Haley is offered a HC position, Fitchner my be the next OC.

C-town Yea that is the fear I have that he might not be here long after he shows success with the Steelers. Being a hometown boy and this being a dream for him though makes me think he will stay for awhile and enjoy the ride.

jpele
05-29-2012, 09:00 AM
" We have a game plan in place,just because Charles Woodson left the game is no reason to alter that plan". After hearing that quote after the Super Bowl ,I'd be excited to hear one of the three stooges were the new OC.

harpo
05-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Why all the love for Haley? Because his name is not Bruce Arians. :tt02:

LarryNJ
05-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Yea that is the fear I have that he might not be here long after he shows success with the Steelers. Being a hometown boy and this being a dream for him though makes me think he will stay for awhile and enjoy the ride.

I'll take a SB win this year and he can move on to being a HC. :)

BTW: Creative name but your avatar is disturbing! :lol:

tburg68
05-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Not really. It's far more likely that Whiz installed his offense and called the plays until he trusted his rookie OC than letting a rookie oc install an offense and then call the plays for him. Do you actually have any input about the topic?

Since I have to spell it out for you, I don't think you can play both sides of the argument to suit your opinion. He has had success wherever he's been. If you don't want to give him any credit for it, I think you'd be wrong.

strummerfan
05-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Since I have to spell it out for you, I don't think you can play both sides of the argument to suit your opinion. He has had success wherever he's been. If you don't want to give him any credit for it, I think you'd be wrong.

You don't have to spell anything out, it's blatantly obvious that you've got nothing to say about the topic at hand. He's had two full seasons of calling offensive plays one of which was a winning season and the other losing. His record as an OC with Arizona is 17-15(8-8,9-7) and in KC as a HC in two full seasons he's 14-18(4-12,10-6). Maybe it's just me, but that isn't exactly setting the world on fire. Once again I want him to succeed, hopefully he can teach Ben to make better decisions and perfect reading defenses. I just don't think he's earned some of the praise that he's given.

JensK
05-29-2012, 07:00 PM
In terms of his years in KC, the one year where every singly one of his starters were injured, the offense was pretty damn good.

Sure, he has not designed all the playbooks himself, but I doubt he designed this one himself either. I'm quite sure it has been a collective effort by most of the coaches.

Its not that your argument is not well backed up, but honestly, what it comes down to is how the offense have performed while he has been around, which as been pretty great. I don't think you can question that he knows football and he knows it well. Sure, the jury is still out on him, but that is often the case with coaches to be honest.

Number99
05-29-2012, 07:06 PM
I will saw this about Haley. When he was brought in as OC of Arizona he helps take a crap team who thought Leinart was going to be a starting QB and turned an almost out of the NFL Warner and made that offense very potent which helped bring Ari to the SB. He then took over a 2 win KC team and in 2 years brought them to 10-6. Then last year he lost Charles and Cassell to injury and ultimately was replaced as HC. So should there be praise from him yet? Not quite yet but the non-BA line has alot to do with people being excited. And coming into Pitt he has alot more to work with then he initially had at both Ari and KC.

strummerfan
05-29-2012, 07:38 PM
In terms of his years in KC, the one year where every singly one of his starters were injured, the offense was pretty damn good.

Sure, he has not designed all the playbooks himself, but I doubt he designed this one himself either. I'm quite sure it has been a collective effort by most of the coaches.

Its not that your argument is not well backed up, but honestly, what it comes down to is how the offense have performed while he has been around, which as been pretty great. I don't think you can question that he knows football and he knows it well. Sure, the jury is still out on him, but that is often the case with coaches to be honest.

In the first year they scored 11 more points(total) than the Steelers.The 2nd year in Arizona the offense was great and I would be happier than a pig in **** if that happens here. In KC the offenses scored an average of 18.4, 22.9,and 13.2 points per game. He basically has one great season, outside of 2008 the Steelers offenses have been either virtually the same(2007) or better. We have more talent on offense now, but Warner,Fitz,Boldin, Breaston, James can't be ignored.

JensK
05-29-2012, 07:49 PM
In the first year they scored 11 more points(total) than the Steelers.The 2nd year in Arizona the offense was great and I would be happier than a pig in **** if that happens here. In KC the offenses scored an average of 18.4, 22.9,and 13.2 points per game. He basically has one great season, outside of 2008 the Steelers offenses have been either virtually the same(2007) or better. We have more talent on offense now, but Warner,Fitz,Boldin, Breaston, James can't be ignored.

You are, however, disregarding a few things. It takes a very special team, such as the Patriots, to have a great offense and an abysmal defense. You strike me as an intelligent football fan so you know the reasons for this. My point with that is that when everything is said and done, Haley could only control his side of the ball and use what he was given. Steelers offense always had it easy. They knew they could call the game without any worry what-so-ever, because the defense would take care of business.I'm in the middle of revising our semester project so I don't have any numbers of facts other than my own memory to back this up, but I'm fairly sure that the years Haley's offense performed well was years where the defense was playing pretty good as well.

tburg68
05-29-2012, 08:56 PM
You don't have to spell anything out, it's blatantly obvious that you've got nothing to say about the topic at hand. He's had two full seasons of calling offensive plays one of which was a winning season and the other losing. His record as an OC with Arizona is 17-15(8-8,9-7) and in KC as a HC in two full seasons he's 14-18(4-12,10-6). Maybe it's just me, but that isn't exactly setting the world on fire. Once again I want him to succeed, hopefully he can teach Ben to make better decisions and perfect reading defenses. I just don't think he's earned some of the praise that he's given.

And i just don't agree with you. He has had success with players and with teams. Arizona hasn't been as good since he left. He's developed players that have played for him.

strummerfan
05-29-2012, 09:14 PM
And i just don't agree with you. He has had success with players and with teams. Arizona hasn't been as good since he left. He's developed players that have played for him.

Actually they had a better record after Haley left, once Warner retired the wheels fell off.

MDSteel15
05-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Only one answer.... He's Not Arians!!! Subject over....