PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Raven's Paradise?

Real Deal Steel
05-23-2012, 08:43 PM
From Rotoworld.com

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported on NFL Live Wednesday that unsigned franchise player Ray Rice wants "Adrian Peterson money," and the Ravens are unwilling to pay it.
"This holdout could end in training camp, if then," Sal Pal said. "... He wants Adrian Peterson money. He would like to have Chris Johnson money, which means about $30 million guaranteed. And I was told by a Ravens team official, a senior official, 'That is simply not going to happen.'" Paolantonio hinted that Rice could be headed for an extended holdout. He's had no recent contact with Ravens brass, and the sides appear to be far apart two months before camp

Real Deal Steel
05-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Isn't Mr. Rice the one who just said they were going to the Super Bowl this coming season? Hehehehe. Maybe he meant they'll do it without him and Suggs.

Goodfrom55
05-23-2012, 08:53 PM
They have nothing to worry about becuase the Steelers won't finish better than 3rd this year - according to the braintrust at ESPN.

RB's are a depreciating commodity; he will never see AP or CJ money.

Speeed
05-23-2012, 08:57 PM
He will sign. He will play. Don't get all excited now. That would kill them though.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't care how much Flaccid has grown...Ray Rice is the Ravens offense.......Ravens should pay him and I hope they don't....lol Keep holding out Rice....lol

coldrolled
05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
how much cap space do they have???

ChucktownSteeler
05-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Sounds like Rice has been talking to Wallace. hahahaha

No worries, Ray said they were going to win the Super Bowl this year.

C-town

LatrobePA
05-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Maybe he meant he wanted to win the Rice Bowl?

connecticutsteel
05-24-2012, 12:27 AM
they said Ed reed and ray lewis were not there either apparently they are on a seniors cruise sponsered by AARP

coldrolled
05-24-2012, 09:21 AM
The window is closing on the Ravens get ready for the meltdown

LatrobePA
05-24-2012, 09:31 AM
The window is closing on the Ravens get ready for the meltdown

The sooner the better, I need to see Flacco hit hard and often!

JensK
05-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I don't really see this being any different that what Steelers are facing with Wallace. They would really like him to stay around, but don't have the cap room to do so this year. I don't doubt that they'll find a way to make both parties happy. As much as it pains me to say, Ravens are pretty much as good as any team in the NFL when it comes to this.

K Train
05-24-2012, 01:34 PM
theyd be better off paying him over flacco

coach
05-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Let him miss some time in up to ad including pre-season and come in rusty.Maybe he'll pull a hammy in game 1 or two and have to sit for a few weeks.

coldrolled
05-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Im going homer here too. The Ravens will suck this year.

The Brweons and Bengals will play us harder.

We win all 6 games.

Real Deal Steel
05-25-2012, 12:49 AM
I guess I'm being a homer too..

Because I seriously see us finishing 13-3 this coming season. Why?

1. We can't possibly be hit with the same amount of injuries again.
2. No doubt our lines are going to be quicker, younger and just better overall with depth too.
3. Offense will be more efficient in the red zone in scoring TD's.

So with those things said, do they add up to one more win then last year? No doubt.

And if we dominate time of possession more, we could go 14-2 or 15-1.

Number99
05-25-2012, 08:34 AM
You know the Ravens will find some way to make it work. If they have any aspirations of repeating what they did in 2011 they need to sign Rice. As good a RB as AP is/was Rice is much more valuable especially to the Balt offense. Lets just say Rice doesn't get signed. Could you imagine the fallout in Ratbirdland? There is no one on their roster that comes anywhere close to the things he can do. And there's only a handful of backs around the NFL that could match or better his talent.

I love this turmoil though from a Pittsburgh persective but hate it from a Fantasy perspective.

coldrolled
05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
You know the Ravens will find some way to make it work. If they have any aspirations of repeating what they did in 2011 they need to sign Rice. As good a RB as AP is/was Rice is much more valuable especially to the Balt offense. Lets just say Rice doesn't get signed. Could you imagine the fallout in Ratbirdland? There is no one on their roster that comes anywhere close to the things he can do. And there's only a handful of backs around the NFL that could match or better his talent.

I love this turmoil though from a Pittsburgh persective but hate it from a Fantasy perspective.

Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, McFadden, DJohnson... Zero have won a SB running the ball.
You need the franchise QB with a game plan, a solid running game and great WR's and TE's

We have those, we will win again.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-25-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm not convinced Flacco has what it takes to pull out the big win in crunch time. So far in his career when the big game has been on the line they've crumbled in the passing game or just on offense in general. They want to put more on his shoulders instead of sticking with what works.

That's why they continue to fail.