PDA

View Full Version : "Experts" AFCN predictions

SnakeEyes43
05-23-2012, 12:34 PM
I found this pretty amusing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/48677/sportscenters-afc-north-predictions

coldrolled
05-23-2012, 12:44 PM
It is close...

Pittsburgh has ended the season in third place only three times (2003, 2006 and 2009).

Logic makes 2012 the next 3rd place finish.. See It!

Oh Wait! We have Ben and the Ravens have Flacco. Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Browns. Ravens lost more quality players than us this year, and had a poor replacement draft on top of it.

K Train
05-23-2012, 12:49 PM
lol i love it

Raleigh Steel
05-23-2012, 01:59 PM
i love this! please jump on that bengals "bandwagon", then try to explain their record when they are 3-9 heading into the last month of the season...wha wha what had happened was......

steelersbabex25
05-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Have the Steelers ever been at the top of the preseason predictions..

ChucktownSteeler
05-23-2012, 06:37 PM
I hope they pick us dead last. This team plays well with a chip on its shoulder.

C-town

BubbyBlister
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
The media and writers will be on the Steelers bandwagon come week 10 like always.This team really improved in cutting dead weight and through the draft this year. I think this draft is special cause they actually went for need this year. This Team has a good chance of being special this upcoming season!

ChucktownSteeler
05-23-2012, 07:07 PM
The media and writers will be on the Steelers bandwagon come week 10 like always.This team really improved in cutting dead weight and through the draft this year. I think this draft is special cause they actually went for need this year. This Team has a good chance of being special this upcoming season!

Good points. This team is built for the long haul.

I got a feelin'................

C-town

Number99
05-23-2012, 07:49 PM
I saw this earlier today. Last year it was "They are old and slow". We finished 12-4. Now its too much change. Sure we lost several key vets in the locker room. But other then their presense what on the field did we really lose? A DE that was hurt more then then healthy. An ILB that actually was slow and old. A 4th WR that was a minimal part of the passing game. A LG that got benched. 1 CB that couldn't cover. Another CB that only played because of injuries. And its not like there still isn't great players in the locker room. Troy, Ben, Hampton, Harrison, Woodley, Pouncey, Ike, Clark even Cotchery is a good veteran presense. So I don't really understand how losing the on the field bodies will deem them a 3rd place team.

Cincy hasn't proven they can win 2 years in a row. And Balt although still good will have an old Ray Ray, no Suggs and no Johnson. Now they have their issues too. And who really thinks Balt will sweep the 2 reg season games this year again?

The Lakelander
05-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Cincinnati has clearly improved in my opinion ... they too cut an aweful lot of dead weight in recent years and added young talent ... but that said, the games still need to be played and the NFL has its way of humbling 31 teams every year ... is Cincinnati the 1 other team? ... it's highly doubtful ...

The Steelers have many veteran players who understand what it takes ... and no doubt we are looking as though we have improved our personnel across the areas that needed improved ...

coldrolled
05-23-2012, 08:39 PM
I saw this earlier today. Last year it was "They are old and slow". We finished 12-4. Now its too much change. Sure we lost several key vets in the locker room. But other then their presense what on the field did we really lose? A DE that was hurt more then then healthy. An ILB that actually was slow and old. A 4th WR that was a minimal part of the passing game. A LG that got benched. 1 CB that couldn't cover. Another CB that only played because of injuries. And its not like there still isn't great players in the locker room. Troy, Ben, Hampton, Harrison, Woodley, Pouncey, Ike, Clark even Cotchery is a good veteran presense. So I don't really understand how losing the on the field bodies will deem them a 3rd place team.

Cincy hasn't proven they can win 2 years in a row. And Balt although still good will have an old Ray Ray, no Suggs and no Johnson. Now they have their issues too. And who really thinks Balt will sweep the 2 reg season games this year again?

You forgot their Ben Grubbs #27 pick in 2007 Ouch!!

Big T
05-23-2012, 09:45 PM
The Bengals have a very good defense. Their offense on the other hand has 2 playmakers (Green and Gresham). They have a QB that had a very good rookie season but is already unbelievably overrated. Andy Dalton has reached his ceiling. IMO, he will never be better than he was last season. He's a very average QB. The Law Firm in no way scares me. He's not the type of runner that gives the Steelers problems. Power runners give the Steelers some issues.

And I absolutely love all the "this is the year that Joe Flacco proves he's elite" talk. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Joe Flacco? LOL.

elephantman
05-23-2012, 10:26 PM

^ cinci not winning 2 years in a row for 20 yrs is an interesting stat, but as far as I'm concerned,when u have a new QB, all those past stats are garbage...it's like saying the Steelers cant win an AFC championship game...then Big ben comes and they win 3 of 4...Not saying Andy Dalton is a great QB, IDK yet, but i must admit the Bengels scare me more than Ravens this yr...I dont see anyone in this division winning more than 11 games...3 good teams ..plus the Browns have a Good D too FWIW lol

DBR96A
05-24-2012, 08:52 AM
There was "too much change" in Pittsburgh back in 2007, but the Steelers didn't really seem to notice because they won the division anyway, and probably would have finished better than 10-6 if it wasn't for a rash of injuries late in the season.

Forged in Steel
05-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I would rather be picked last every year than first. Knowing that some ESPN "expert" says your going to be terrible gives a team less pressure and more motivation to win.

BlacknGoldHaze
05-24-2012, 07:31 PM
And I absolutely love all the "this is the year that Joe Flacco proves he's elite" talk. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Joe Flacco? LOL.

:lol: I can't wait to get the party started!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Every year is the year of Joe Flacco! I swear you listen to people talk and they think he's just the best thing ever, how can the Ravens fans think that and keep a straight face??? He's inconsistent, can't win the big game, struggles with accuracy in crucial situations..yeah he's something special alright :eyeroll:

Andy Dalton looks like he's going to be the real deal in Cincy....but Browns well, whatever...they've got a 29 yr old rookie starting at QB this year so expect them to run the ball like crazy.

mos07
05-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Amen! Could not agree more with your comments about their cuts this offseason! :yellowthumb::cope::cope:

connecticutsteel
05-26-2012, 04:47 PM
They act like The Ravens defense isn't old the Ravens Defense is older than ours

Nolrog
05-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Let them pick us 3rd. Then they can all act surprised when we're a top AFC team once again.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-28-2012, 11:04 PM
I love it when they pick us to finish 2nd or 3rd in the division. That underdog role, flying under the radar mentality is a great thing to use as motivation. In the past, counting out the Steelers has always come back to bite them. "Us against the world" is a rallying cry for any team to grab hold of and run with, especially the Steelers.

From a fan perspective...3rd, seriously? This is just like the media though, they jump on the sexy pick every year. Dalton will be a second year player, as will Greene. More will be expected of them but nobody knows how they will respond. You always go with the established teams that have been there, done that. It's laughable...