PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin says Wallace holdout will be over soon

BlitzburghRockCity
05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Mike Tomlin didn't sound worried about WR Mike Wallace unsigned $2.7 million tender and absence from OTAs that started Tuesday. "This is a business," Tomlin said. "Mike came in last week and we visited. It'll be over. it'll be a short-term (absence). But it won't be significant."

From our friend Chuck Finder at CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19123976)

What "short term" means exactly is anybody's guess but I'm assuming Wallace plans on attending the mandatory sessions coming up on June 1.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I expect the guys to learn the offense and learn it quickly. We need that type of attention and work that we are getting right now.

On the topic of Wallace not being at OTA's and is he disappointed in that situation: "Not at all, this is a business, it's an element of the business. Mike came in, we visited last week, we had good communication. This process is going to run it's course. We know what type of young man he is, he's a hard worker, a diligent young man. It will be over soon, there will be some short term misery but it won't be significant in the big scheme of things hopefully."

Video link (http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Mike-Tomlin-522/28c2a713-36aa-46a5-98ea-c871b60dfbb6)

K Train
05-22-2012, 03:28 PM
well clearly tomlin is on DRUGS. wallace is a CANCER, an AWFUL human being, a 3rd wr at BEST, hes SOFT, hes a CRY BABY, a ONE TRICK PONY

lol

Steelersfan
05-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Unleash hell Mike!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

tburg68
05-22-2012, 03:36 PM
well clearly tomlin is on DRUGS. wallace is a CANCER, an AWFUL human being, a 3rd wr at BEST, hes SOFT, hes a CRY BABY, a ONE TRICK PONY

lol

Don't forget Alligator Arms, and hands of stone.

NorCalSteel
05-22-2012, 04:23 PM
lol Ktrain didn't figure you for a big cry baby..not really a good color for you..just saying..

Black@Gold Forever32
05-22-2012, 05:09 PM
I can't wait for the whole Mike Wallace saga to be over....lol So tired of hearing about it.......

ChucktownSteeler
05-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Best news yet. Sign the tender, play your *** off and good luck to you next year. Better yet, sign the tender and we can you to the Hags for their #1 or #2 pick next year.

I can hear Tomlin now _ Son, what are you thinking, you still owe us a year no matter what. Sign the damn tender and catch the rock.

C-town

SteelDad
05-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm not going to listen to anyone even Tomlin on this. When Wallace grows up and realizes what the situation is then I'll listen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
05-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm not going to listen to anyone even Tomlin on this. When Wallace grows up and realizes what the situation is then I'll listen.

Exactly!! What was Tomlin suppose to say??? That Wallace is a malcontent? Tomlin is taking the politically correct position right now. As he should. He's here to coach and not negotiate contracts.

I want Wallace to stay out as long as he feels the need to stay away. That's more reps for guys who are already here. Take your time Mr. Wallace. Take your time and I'm sure you'll get everything you deserve.

LatrobePA
05-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Diva, one trick pony, crybaby yes to all three, Tomlin also is paid to keep peace, well see!

K Train
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

fine line between growing up and making the most of your very short, yet prestigious career. hes not acting immature, theres players that do...wallace hasnt been one of them. by all accounts he'll sign the tender and play if he has too by the 15th. but i understand why he wants a deal, he hasnt had one yet and hes earned it. the steelers have cap issues, it makes sense why they are having problems....but the steelers owe wallace more than wallace owes the steelers if they cant give him more than 1 year of a deal.

wallace out played the contract he had with the steelers, now he wants a fair one...i dont see the problem, its a ****** situation but being slapped with a tag doesnt make a lot of players happy, wallace is just one of them

Speeed
05-23-2012, 08:02 AM
I agree to an extent. But if everyone knows how it is going to end, including him, why not just go practice and make the best of the situation? The Steelers don't have the money to pay him big yet, he knows that. It is no fault of the Steelers, they had no idea Wallace would pan out the way he did when he signed his first contract.

If he goes out, is a team player, contributes during camp as early as he can, the Steelers will remember that. And reward him. He will be tendered, I know that, you know that, the Steelers know that, go practice already and give the Steelers a chance to clear some cash for his next contract. He will be rewarded.

There is a lot of communication going on between the team and Wallace, and we will never know what that conversation is. We can just speculate. But, since Wallace is not practicing, and he knows he will be a Steeler next year, by no fault of the Steelers, then get your a$$ out there and practice and contribute to a sense of team work. It is not like he has anything else to do.

I don't think the Steelers owe him anything. They paid the guy already and he has not shown up for camp!

fine line between growing up and making the most of your very short, yet prestigious career. hes not acting immature, theres players that do...wallace hasnt been one of them. by all accounts he'll sign the tender and play if he has too by the 15th. but i understand why he wants a deal, he hasnt had one yet and hes earned it. the steelers have cap issues, it makes sense why they are having problems....but the steelers owe wallace more than wallace owes the steelers if they cant give him more than 1 year of a deal.

wallace out played the contract he had with the steelers, now he wants a fair one...i dont see the problem, its a ****** situation but being slapped with a tag doesnt make a lot of players happy, wallace is just one of them

steelcitysfinestXL
05-23-2012, 12:08 PM
FML, do we really need ANOTHER thread that turns into "Bash Mike Wallace"? Mike Tomlin "keeping the peace"... really man??? What about his time here has led you to belive thats his style? How many times have we heard him say things like: "We worry about the men who are here, not the ones who arent!"? For HIM to say what he said about Wallace yesterday, plus having Ben mirror those comments is pretty good to hear!

coldrolled
05-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Theres no real logic not to sign him to the 2.7 mil and tell him they will get a long term deal done as they organize the team and the cap available.

He has to sign either way. either 2.7 or 600k his choice.

The hold up logically could only be a long term deal coming before June 15th

BlitzburghRockCity
05-24-2012, 03:34 PM
I hear media guys on Sirius and what not say holding out was the right move for Wallace. That he had to try and see if he could get his deal done.

What are these people thinking?! If Colbert tells you he's going to get a deal done, then he's going to get a deal done. Just get your *** to camp and start learning with the team. Ben's already said the WR's need to be patient while he learns. The more these guys work together the better, even now in May and June.

Suck up your pride 17, you'll get your money one way or the other.

K Train
05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
holding out is what every player in his situation would have done

JensK
05-24-2012, 03:39 PM
holding out is what every player in his situation would have done

To be fair, that does not exactly make it right nor smart.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-24-2012, 10:32 PM
If the Steelers had not talked to him at all or told him, hey we'll try and get you signed next year then maybe I could see the justification for doing so. I just think he's pulling a stunt that was never going to get him anywhere. If he actually thought he was going to force the Steelers hand by holding out then he's really has no clue what team he's dealing with.

I'm quite sure his agent told him to do this, giving him some song and dance about how he was deserving of 100 million, blah blah blah. Just report, get yourself out there with Ben and the other receivers and worry about the contract when the time comes.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Ok.....Should Mike Wallace risk himself to injury without a deal in place?.....Plus Mike Wallace hasn't made the big money yet and Mike Wallace has outplayed his rookie contract......Hakeem Nicks broke a foot during Giant's OTA's so I can't blame Mike Wallace for not risking himself during OTA's without a long term deal in place.....If Mike Wallace planted wrong and tore an ACL or Achilles he would screw himself from getting a long term deal potentially.......

Real Deal Steel
05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Keep holding out Mike. Keep hope alive.

tburg68
05-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Mike Wallace is not the Anti-Christ because he hasn't signed his one year tender yet and skipped OTA's.

If the one year deal is his only choice, he will sign it and report. It doesn't mean he also can't work out a long term deal
with the Steelers.

connecticutsteel
05-25-2012, 11:36 PM
I agree with K-Train Wallace outplayed the contract he has i will always take the players side.this will end in a positive manner

Real Deal Steel
05-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Mike Wallace is not the Anti-Christ because he hasn't signed his one year tender yet and skipped OTA's.

If the one year deal is his only choice, he will sign it and report. It doesn't mean he also can't work out a long term deal
with the Steelers.

Nobody said Wallace was "the Anti-Christ". Stop being melodramatic.

The new CBA was set up in that holdouts have no more leverage and holding out will only hurt the person that is holding out.

With that said, Wallace is only delaying the inevitable so he should stop posturing like he has options and sign the tender and continue to work on a long term deal. I could careless weather he does or doesn't. Because the longer he's out, that will be more opportunities for the other wide receivers.

We do not need Wallace to win this division this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Nobody said Wallace was "the Anti-Christ". Stop being melodramatic.

The new CBA was set up in that holdouts have no more leverage and holding out will only hurt the person that is holding out.

With that said, Wallace is only delaying the inevitable so he should stop posturing like he has options and sign the tender and continue to work on a long term deal. I could careless weather he does or doesn't. Because the longer he's out, that will be more opportunities for the other wide receivers.

We do not need Wallace to win this division this year.

I disagree and I think the Steelers need Mike Wallace more then you think.....Don't get me wrong I really like Brown and Sanders......But I want to see Brown put up another productive season and I want to see Sanders just stay healthy......I think Sanders has the potential to be the best WR on the roster but injuries have the been the main factor in him not reaching his potential.......Plus Mike Wallace opens so many things up for the other WR's........

Brown, Sanders, Cotch and this team could win 10 games.....Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotch and I see this team winning 13+........Maybe I'm wrong.............

JensK
05-26-2012, 06:55 PM
I disagree and I think the Steelers need Mike Wallace more then you think.....Don't get me wrong I really like Brown and Sanders......But I want to see Brown put up another productive season and I want to see Sanders just stay healthy......I think Sanders has the potential to be the best WR on the roster but injuries have the been the main factor in him not reaching his potential.......Plus Mike Wallace opens so many things up for the other WR's........

Brown, Sanders, Cotch and this team could win 10 games.....Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotch and I see this team winning 13+........Maybe I'm wrong.............

I don't think you are wrong in that regard. He does however have a point that Wallace not showing up for OTAs does NOTHING whatsoever to help him in any way. He know Steelers won't pay him that big contract he is looking for this year. He knows that no other team in the league was willing to pay him that kind of contract. He should know that the better season he is going to have, the better the case he can present when he is trying for a contract next year.

My point is, I just don't see any logical argument for sitting out. I don't understand what he is trying to achieve. And I don't really buy into the whole "all other WRs would have done the same". That may be, but that does not really make it more sensible. If anything, it makes less sense for Wallace cause he actually have a brand new playbook to learn, and his competition on the WR spot is out there learning it as we speak.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I don't think you are wrong in that regard. He does however have a point that Wallace not showing up for OTAs does NOTHING whatsoever to help him in any way. He know Steelers won't pay him that big contract he is looking for this year. He knows that no other team in the league was willing to pay him that kind of contract. He should know that the better season he is going to have, the better the case he can present when he is trying for a contract next year.

My point is, I just don't see any logical argument for sitting out. I don't understand what he is trying to achieve. And I don't really buy into the whole "all other WRs would have done the same". That may be, but that does not really make it more sensible. If anything, it makes less sense for Wallace cause he actually have a brand new playbook to learn, and his competition on the WR spot is out there learning it as we speak.

I still think a long term deal will get done with Mike Wallace this year.....I don't think the Steelers want to head into next year not having Wallace locked up....I bet late July or early August a deal will be reached......I side with Mike Wallace for the simple fact he shouldn't risk himself to injury without a long term deal in place.....If he plants wrong and blows out a ACL or tears an Achilles during OTA's then he screws himself.....Look at Hakeem Nicks who broke a foot during OTA's....Sure Nicks will only miss 12 weeks but freak injuries can even happen during OTA's....Plus Mike Wallace wasn't a first round pick like Nicks.....

JensK
05-26-2012, 07:19 PM
I do understand the injury aspect of it, but honestly.. He could make a Kindle and fall down the stairs. Not as likely? No way, but you cannot play the game of football scared of being hurt, let alone practice. Besides, he still have to work out. If he don't, he'll end up getting injured regardless. I don't know man.. I just really hate his attitude towards it I guess. I have much more respect for what Woodley did. He certainly also outplayed his contract but he showed up regardless.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-26-2012, 07:35 PM
I do understand the injury aspect of it, but honestly.. He could make a Kindle and fall down the stairs. Not as likely? No way, but you cannot play the game of football scared of being hurt, let alone practice. Besides, he still have to work out. If he don't, he'll end up getting injured regardless. I don't know man.. I just really hate his attitude towards it I guess. I have much more respect for what Woodley did. He certainly also outplayed his contract but he showed up regardless.

I hear you on Woodley and that is why LaMarr is one of my favorite players.....I don't know what I would do if I was Mike Wallace.....I think I would want the contract to and hold out....lol

Danger DANJ
05-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I have to side with Wallace on this. I definitely agree with the injury scenario stated. If he gets hurt, the Steelers will think twice about giving him a contract and probably wouldn't at all. I'm sure Wallace is looking for a long term contract with some decent money up front. I know I would be. Even with a signed long term contract, it's worth nothing if you can't play...only the up front money is yours. So, if he signs a deal and ends up with a career ending injury, at least he walks away with that up front money. If he doesn't have a deal and has a career ending injury, he is screwed. I'd want to be paid. I don't need a $100 million contract. I'd want a 7 year, $42 million dollar contract with $20 million up front or as much up front money as possible. I remember when Adrian Peterson extended his deal and ended up with like $36 million in up front money over 7 years. That's what I'm talking about! (Yes, I know Wallace isn't the same as AP)

The business side of things in sports and entertainment is jacked up. I worked with Ryan Grant's Uncle for 12 years who happens to be the former drummer and backup vocalist for Atlantic Starr. He has told me some crazy things about business in the NFL that Ryan told him about and many of his own dealings in the music business. Teams and Record Execs will use you up and throw you away like trash.

Big T
05-27-2012, 03:33 PM
The Hakeem Nicks situation is exactly why Mike Wallace is not there. I honestly dont understand how people can bash him for not being there. He's earned a new contract, and I have no problem with how he's approached the situation.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-27-2012, 04:02 PM
The Hakeem Nicks situation is exactly why Mike Wallace is not there. I honestly dont understand how people can bash him for not being there. He's earned a new contract, and I have no problem with how he's approached the situation.

well said..........

BlitzburghRockCity
05-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Just because he's earned one doesn't mean he has to get it before training camp. Everybody knows the Steelers typically get these types of deals done during training camp and preseason.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

JensK
05-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Hakeem Nicks got injured in camp, Suggs got injured working out on his own.. These things happen no matter where you are.

coldrolled
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
In a perfect world, receiver Mike Wallace would currently be on the field for the Pittsburgh Steelers, working with his fellow wide receivers while soaking up the intricacies of Todd Haley's new offense.

This isn't the case, of course. Wallace is sitting out OTAs, deep in a contract dispute that's threatening to turn nasty.

"There is a lot of frustration with Mike right now," Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "He wants to be here. But at the same time, he wants his paper. Mike feels like he outperformed his last contract."

Wallace, a third-year pro, led the Steelers last season in catches (72), receiving yards (1,193) and touchdowns (8). He would net the team a third-round pick if he leaves in free agency after the upcoming season.

If you're a person who lives for contract drama (this would make you fairly unique), things are about to get interesting. If Wallace doesn't sign his tender before June 15, the Steelers can slash their offer from $2.742 million to $577,000.

Both sides say they want to get a long-term deal done, but it sounds like someone is going to have to blink to make that happen.

greg1964
05-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Let me start off by saying I hope Wallace resigns with the team, but If he dosen't sign before June 20th; I say let him play out the year and and tag him next year if you will want to keep him. Projected valve for the FT is about 9 million per year: if you count the almost 3 million this year that two years of service for 12 million a year which in 6 miilion a year. This number will go to 9.5 over two year or 4.75 million if the Steelers reduce thier offer after 06.20.2012.

In the mean time: I would see if I could lock up Brown and Sanders to long term deals this year: I can't speak to Wallace work habits, becasue he isn't around, but I'm seeing what Brown and Sanders are willing to do.

Wallace: the Steelers let Edwards, Plex and Holmes go without blinking; (ALL 1st round picks) and they would not talk to their ALL TIME leader receiver, who is one of the most beloved Steelers of all time, while he was holding out for more $$$. (Hines Ward) The last fan favorite to go down this road (AF) was let go. The Steelers will not be held hostage by any player:

Sign your tender and go play some ball with one of the best team in the league.

MDSteel15
05-31-2012, 08:08 AM
OK when was this thread started? So what constitutes "being over soon"?

coldrolled
05-31-2012, 08:18 AM
OK when was this thread started? So what constitutes "being over soon"?

The minute the league raises the salary cap so we can sign wallace.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-01-2012, 01:11 PM
You know Mike Tomlin, everything to him is relative. He doesn't put a time stamp on anything and never backs himself into a corner. Clearly his concept of "soon" is not what everyone else's is.

That's part of the problem with why the media doesn't really enjoy talking to him, he'd rather not say anything and just leaves to form your own opinion on every topic he talks about.

ChucktownSteeler
06-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Who's AF?

BlacknGoldHaze
06-01-2012, 10:50 PM

Couldn't disagree more......the fact that he was non-existent the last six games of the season is the very reason the Steelers aren't anxious to pay him what he feels he deserves. The Steelers are playing this right...Wallace, not so much.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-02-2012, 08:08 AM
I think he's earned a new deal but not anywhere near the money he wants according to the rumored amounts from that San Francisco reporter. His production did drop off last year and the fact that he's holding out just signals to me that he "just doesn't get it"

BlacknGoldHaze
06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Agreed...Wallace loses more ground in the eyes of the fans and in preparation for the new offense with each passing day as he holds out.

The Lakelander
06-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Wallace's production dropped off at precisely the time that Ward was being benched ... Sanders was just getting back to feeling 100% ... Cotchery was getting more looks in the offense ... AND ... Big Ben severly sprained his ankle ...

Why would Wallace see less balls his way if the Steelers are pushing for a playoff spot? ... Coincidence? ... NOT!

Week 16 against St. Louis with Charlie Batch under center ... Mike Wallace lead all Steelers receivers in receptions and yards ...

Wallace has outplayed his rookie contract ... Why the fans are souring on him is beyond belief ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallMi00.htm

ChucktownSteeler
06-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't think the fans are souring on his request, but perhaps the "hold-out" in general. Wallace should have signed the tender and continued to work for a long term deal with his agent and the Steelers. I don't think the hold out is best way to negotiate with the Steeler's F.O. overall the Steeler have recently been very fair and generous with the players they want to keep.

Does everyone realize if he gets his demand of $10-$12 million a year he will be the highest paid Steeler (more than Ben, Troy, Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, etc). This type of seal would also just about seal any chances of signing Brown and Sanders long term.

I like Wallace, but you can't break the bank and jeopardize long term success of the organization for one player.

I think he should sign the tender and work on a deal for about $4-$5 million a year (more than fair).

C-town

BlacknGoldHaze
06-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Wallace's production dropped off at precisely the time that Ward was being benched ... Sanders was just getting back to feeling 100% ... Cotchery was getting more looks in the offense ... AND ... Big Ben severly sprained his ankle ...

Why would Wallace see less balls his way if the Steelers are pushing for a playoff spot? ... Coincidence? ... NOT!

Week 16 against St. Louis with Charlie Batch under center ... Mike Wallace lead all Steelers receivers in receptions and yards ...

Wallace has outplayed his rookie contract ... Why the fans are souring on him is beyond belief ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallMi00.htm

Lake, I'm not soured on Wallace....but the way he is handling this is sticking my craw. The dude needs to show up for work and play for his contract this year.

There is no doubt that he is becoming a premier wideout...but Fitz money???? No freaking way!! Prove it Mike!

Also, did Ward's absence on the field cause Mike to drop catchable balls and run sloppy routes??

ChucktownSteeler
06-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Lake, I'm not soured on Wallace....but the way he is handling this is sticking my craw. The dude needs to show up for work and play for his contract this year.

There is no doubt that he is becoming a premier wideout...but Fitz money???? No freaking way!! Prove it Mike!

Also, did Ward's absence on the field cause Mike to drop catchable balls and run sloppy routes??

Amen!

Sign the tender and hammer a fair and long term deal. The Steelers don't negotiate with a gun to their head. Never have and never will. They have been as fair as any NFL recently in signing their own. Wallace is getting stupid advice from his agent. Mike - you better look again, there are at least 3 capable WRs in the fold right now. You don't have much bargaining power here. You are property of the Steelers for 2 years minimum (if they choose the franchise tag after this season). If you hold out all season, you still owe them 2 years. You need to be in camp with your team mates learning the new system or get on with your life's work.

C-town

JensK
06-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I don't think the fans are souring on his request, but perhaps the "hold-out" in general. Wallace should have signed the tender and continued to work for a long term deal with his agent and the Steelers. I don't think the hold out is best way to negotiate with the Steeler's F.O. overall the Steeler have recently been very fair and generous with the players they want to keep.

Does everyone realize if he gets his demand of $10-$12 million a year he will be the highest paid Steeler (more than Ben, Troy, Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, etc). This type of seal would also just about seal any chances of signing Brown and Sanders long term.

I like Wallace, but you can't break the bank and jeopardize long term success of the organization for one player.

I think he should sign the tender and work on a deal for about $4-$5 million a year (more than fair).

C-town

this! Maybe but the expecting that I think he should get 6-7ish per year. 4-5 is Hines Ward money, and Wallace is worth more than that.

ChucktownSteeler
06-03-2012, 01:25 PM
this! Maybe but the expecting that I think he should get 6-7ish per year. 4-5 is Hines Ward money, and Wallace is worth more than that.

I am not sure $-5 million is that far off for a WR with 3 years NFL experience. Maybe a contract that gradually builds to $7 million after a few more seasons. Start at $4 million and a steady increase, year over year. His demands to date are way out of line for a one-trick pony (albeit a good trick).

C-town

JensK
06-03-2012, 02:25 PM
I am not sure $-5 million is that far off for a WR with 3 years NFL experience. Maybe a contract that gradually builds to $7 million after a few more seasons. Start at $4 million and a steady increase, year over year. His demands to date are way out of line for a one-trick pony (albeit a good trick).

C-town

Well, the stats have already been thoroughly analyzed elsewhere so I'm not going to get into that. I'll just say that Wallace production, even with the "bad" second half of last season, is as good as any of the dominant WRs in the league. Now there are several factors which contribute to this, and it is quite clear that Wallace won't be as dominant as either of the Johnsons or Fitzgerald, but he can become pretty damn good and he should be paid as such.

ChucktownSteeler
06-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, the stats have already been thoroughly analyzed elsewhere so I'm not going to get into that. I'll just say that Wallace production, even with the "bad" second half of last season, is as good as any of the dominant WRs in the league. Now there are several factors which contribute to this, and it is quite clear that Wallace won't be as dominant as either of the Johnsons or Fitzgerald, but he can become pretty damn good and he should be paid as such.

I don't buy he is even close to Johnson or Fitz. No how, no way. The Steeler's won't negotiate with a gun to their head, never have, never will. The sooner he signs the tender and gets into camp, the better his chances are at a long term deal.

C-town

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-03-2012, 09:43 PM
There is no way he has earned Fitz type money. You can count on one hand how many times he has caught balls in traffic. When he becomes a complete receiver, catching balls over the middle, catching with someone on his back ,slowing down to make a catch, then you can begin to talk Fitz type money.4-5 Million a year should make him happy ,hell throw in incentives to earn the rest...