PDA

View Full Version : Strongest and weakest position on the Steelers so far

BlitzburghRockCity
05-20-2012, 01:21 PM
The roster is at it's 90 player limit now and the Steelers addressed a lot of needs in this draft as we know. It could potentially turn out to be the best draft in long, long, time if the players pan out. For now though, what's your take on the strongest position on the team and weakest.

Strongest: It's a tough one because there are some young players that will need to step up so they are a bit of an unknown still. Strongest right now is probably the wide receivers for me. Even with Wallace out now the other 3; Cotchery, Brown, and Sanders pose a formidable unit. Assuming they stay healthy have four top players available on the field at any time is huge.

Weakest: Kicking game right now is a questionable area. Suisham and Kapinos both are no locks for their job this year, although they probably have the inside track. The place kicking game scares me to death again this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-20-2012, 02:11 PM
With Mike Wallace, I would say the strongest position on the team is a tie between the WRs and LBs..........A healthy James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley makes the Steelers LBs one of the best cores in the NFL.......The potential is endless for the WRs with Mike Wallace......The core of Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery is one of the NFLs best potentially........

In my opinion both the offensive and defensive lines could be stronger this year........

The weakest I agree is the kicking game since Suisham sucks and really I don't see anybody on the roster currently that is much of an upgrade......I feel better about the punting situation since Kapinos is solid and the undrafted rookie has potential......

nick5574
05-20-2012, 02:56 PM
i am really looking forward to seeing our new Oline and Dline!
With that being said however, i think our strongest position is either LB or WR.
The weakest would have to be the kicking game as I can never feel confident with Sushi lining up a medium to long range clutch FG.

ChucktownSteeler
05-20-2012, 07:57 PM
The roster is at it's 90 player limit now and the Steelers addressed a lot of needs in this draft as we know. It could potentially turn out to be the best draft in long, long, time if the players pan out. For now though, what's your take on the strongest position on the team and weakest.

Strongest: It's a tough one because there are some young players that will need to step up so they are a bit of an unknown still. Strongest right now is probably the wide receivers for me. Even with Wallace out now the other 3; Cotchery, Brown, and Sanders pose a formidable unit. Assuming they stay healthy have four top players available on the field at any time is huge.

Weakest: Kicking game right now is a questionable area. Suisham and Kapinos both are no locks for their job this year, although they probably have the inside track. The place kicking game scares me to death again this season.

I strongly agree with this post.

C-town

steelerzion
05-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Strongest: QB
Weakest: CB

HUNT4SEVEN
05-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow It's tough to say right now, but our weakest is our FG kicker, strongest, hopefully will be our O-Line, If this draft works out then we will be balanced on Defense and Offense they both will be our strength, With our DB's getting a full training camp and OTA's will be fine, I know one thing it will be exciting to see how it all unfolds in July,CAN'T WAIT:tt02:

RobZagnut
05-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Strongest

1. QB - franchise player
2. WR - deep, skilled and fast
3. TE - dogfight for three spots

Weakest

1. K - 31st in the league
2. DL - lost Smith, Hoke and Hampton is hurt
3. RB - Mendy out and the jury is out on the rest

Real Deal Steel
05-21-2012, 01:28 AM
I've got a question:

Why didn't we go after Neil Rackers? And if we did, were we out bid by Washington?

nick5574
05-21-2012, 03:34 AM
Strongest

1. QB - franchise player
2. WR - deep, skilled and fast
3. TE - dogfight for three spots

Weakest

1. K - 31st in the league
2. DL - lost Smith, Hoke and Hampton is hurt
3. RB - Mendy out and the jury is out on the rest

what team is worse than us in kicking? and is that an official number? just wondering :P

connecticutsteel
05-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I've got a question:

Why didn't we go after Neil Rackers? And if we did, were we out bid by Washington?

probably because he wanted a decent contract (FOR A KICKER) and the team is still figuring out how to sign all the rookies and make Wallace happy. plus we have Brown & Sanders contracts next year among others

all the older players have huge cap numbers that is the problem.I wonder if Ta'amu does well if they will cut Hampton in LaTrobe

By far the weakest position is Back-up QB

Cricker24
05-21-2012, 04:09 PM
I would say the strongest position on the Steelers roster right now is quarterback because all 3 guys, Roethlisberger, Leftwich and Batch, have starting experience in the NFL. Not a lot of teams can say that about all 3 quarterbacks. The weakest position is the kicking game. Like many have already said, there isn't a lot of confidence when Suisham tries anything over an extra point. If you need evidence of the lack of confidence the Steelers coaching staff has in Suisham, just look at last year's game against Baltimore when they didn't trust him enough to kick a field goal that would have given Pittsburgh a 7-point lead. As for Kapinos, he's ok, but sometimes I'd rather see the offense go for it on 4th down than have him punt.

Chris :tt02:

strummerfan
05-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Until DD,Adams and to some extent Colon pan out, offensive line is the weakest area of this team.