PDA

View Full Version : LS Matt Katula works out for Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
05-17-2012, 01:52 PM
According to ProFootball Scout (http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1187228&nid=5981237&fhn=1), the team brought him in for a workout.

Greg Warren is the established long snapper for the Steelers and there's not reason to think his job in trouble at this point. They have not signed him to date and this is likely just the team doing their homework continually in the offseason.

Matt Katula Profile

The Pittsburgh Steelers tried out former Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots long snapper Matt Katula, according to a league source.

Katula, 29, played in five games last season for the Minnesota Vikings, filling in when Cullen Loeffler broke a bone in his lower back.

A former Wisconsin player, Katula played with the Ravens from 2005 to 2009 and played eight games two years ago for the Patriots.

For his career, the 6-foot-6, 265-pounder has played in 93 games.

KemoTherapy
05-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Warren's had a bunch of knee injuries hasn't he?, or am I confusing him with someone else?. If so I'd rather have the guy without the injury history. It's a funny position. Nobody gives it a second thought until the ball sails over the kickers head!.:lol:

ChucktownSteeler
05-17-2012, 06:29 PM
I still have a problem securing a roster spot for a long snapper. Seems like someone should be versitile enough to handle this chore. How many teams have dedicated long snappers.

Yes, he has had knee injuries, but I think we had another LS that had worse knees. Rostofsky?

BlacknGoldHaze
05-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Hey Chuck you remember Silverback trying it???? Yoi and double yoi...:eek1: