PDA

View Full Version : Colon Moving to LG

SteelDad
05-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Mike from WDVE announced today that Willie Colon will move to left guard. Apparently, Colon was asked about the move right after the Draft. So what does this mean for the tackle spots?

K Train
05-16-2012, 01:35 PM
this is awesome if true. best 5 is a very good possibility

SteelCityKid5
05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Mike Prisuta ‏@DVEMike (https://twitter.com/#!/DVEMike)
Willie Colon made it official today: "I've made the transition to left guard. I like it. It's just a matter of learning the verbiage."

Mike Prisuta ‏@DVEMike (https://twitter.com/#!/DVEMike)
Colon said Steelers called him right after draft about switch to LG. "My only issue would have been 'don't move me midway through camp.'"

This is very good news

BlitzburghRockCity
05-16-2012, 01:37 PM
All I can say is it's about damn time they move this cat to a guard position. Personally I'd like to have DeCastro on the left only because he's got much quicker feet than Colon does when it comes to pulling but either way I'm happy at least Colon will be in a more natural position.

This paves the way for Mike Adams to start at either Tackle spot, do they dare put a rookie out to protect Ben's blindside right out of the gate?

SnakeEyes43
05-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Great news, something I think we were all hoping they would do.

K Train
05-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Gilbert, Colon, Pouncey, Decastro, Adams

adams and gilbert probably switch next year

SnakeEyes43
05-16-2012, 02:03 PM

So awesome.

Zachintosh66
05-16-2012, 02:06 PM
good ****

BlitzburghRockCity
05-16-2012, 02:07 PM

Bouchette just tweeted out this afternoon that he thinks Adams will start at LT. Obviously not a lock, but just his thoughts.

That's a risky move and Adams better have a damn awesome camp and preseason. I wouldn't be shocked if Starks is brought back either.

K Train
05-16-2012, 02:10 PM
i dont hate that either, Adams doesnt have to play much as a rookie but ed bouchette also tweeted a week ago theres no chance adams sees the field, now hes the guy? hmmmm lol

With starks coming off a serious injury, colon coming off a serious injury, gilbert gets banged up but plays through injuries well, and jonathan scott should be injured by someone on purpose.....id be shocked if adams doesnt see the field, i think hes really got a shot at a starting spot and could be a reason to not bring starks back

Big T
05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Here's his tweet, absolutely love it. I still think I'd rather Colon be RG with DeCastro at LG but I'm still extremely excited about this.

@EdBouchette: Move of Colon to LG paves way for both #steelers rookie OL to start, Adams at LT, DeCastro at RG

Goodfrom55
05-16-2012, 03:29 PM
espn.com reported that the Line across from left to right will be:

Adams, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert.

Foster and Legs are the top 2 backups.

Sounds GREAT on paper, seeing is believing. If it pans out, the Steelers will have a dominant line for the next 10 years, which could extend Ben's career 8-10 more years if he chose to play that long.

LatrobePA
05-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Perfect, now if they can stay healthy all season!!

LatrobePA
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82922bc7/article/steelers-colon-will-move-from-tackle-to-guard?module=HP11_headline_stack

Black@Gold Forever32
05-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow...finally Colon to OG.......I think he should have been playing there since he was drafted since most thought Colon was better suited for OG then OT at the NFL level........Only question is.....Can Willie Colon stay healthy?

coldrolled
05-16-2012, 06:20 PM
there is a video where tomlim says DD and Adams will start and play their college positions in OTA's and Training camp.. There is no need to have them change that for now.

Number99
05-16-2012, 06:25 PM
I think the reason for DeCastro at RG and Adams at LT is they don't want to start the season with 2 rookies right next to each other. And thats assuming Adams does win the job. Otherwise I love the move. A little earlier then I thought but love it nonetheless.

SteelDad
05-16-2012, 06:29 PM
I'll be the rain on this parade... Colon has played 1/2 of a game in 2 years. Potentially 2 rookies starting with a 2nd year tackle who has injury issues as well as a 3rd year center with injury issues.

Do I love the idea of this starting 5? Hell yes, but they HAVE to stay healthy to make this work.

The Lakelander
05-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Bouchette just tweeted out this afternoon that he thinks Adams will start at LT. Obviously not a lock, but just his thoughts.

That's a risky move and Adams better have a damn awesome camp and preseason. I wouldn't be shocked if Starks is brought back either.

This is what I was expecting ... Adams has great feet and will do just fine! ... Colon will battle it out with Legs at LG and DeCastro should have no trouble winning out at RG vs. Foster ... I really like how this looks on paper!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I'll be the rain on this parade... Colon has played 1/2 of a game in 2 years. Potentially 2 rookies starting with a 2nd year tackle who has injury issues as well as a 3rd year center with injury issues.

Do I love the idea of this starting 5? Hell yes, but they HAVE to stay healthy to make this work.

You're correct about the OL staying healthy for sure.....But heading into the season this current OL has the potential to be one of the best OLs the Steelers have had in years.......Of course there will be growing pains with Gilbert, DeCastro, Adams but I'm confident by mid-season if health permits they will round into form......With both Colon and Pouncey health will be the key......

ChucktownSteeler
05-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Looks like someone in this organization is finally getting serious:

Adams, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert

I would rather see:

Adams, DeCastro, Pouncey, Colon, Gilbert

Real Deal Steel
05-16-2012, 07:16 PM
This is outstanding. A dominant O-line that will get this running game back in order. It's coming together.

The Lakelander
05-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Yeah ... all we need is a RB that doesn't see two holes where there is only one (a result of his strabismus) and run into the back of his lineman because the hole he thought was there with with his left eye was actually a duplicate of the hole he saw with his right eye ... and who can actually hit the ONE hole that actually is there!

coldrolled
05-16-2012, 11:33 PM
and run into the back of his lineman because the hole he thought was there!

You sure our RB's are not running into a hole 85 is supposed to make but f&^^&%%& up 8 out 10 times.

connecticutsteel
05-17-2012, 09:08 AM
So now the question is who is the second line Chris Scott, John Scott,Trai Essex,Doug Legursky,Kelvin Beachum,Ramon Foster,Ryan Lee,John Malecki and Trevis Turner I didn't include Max Starks because i doubt they will bring him back.

connecticutsteel
05-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Gilbert has had minimal injuries. I wouldn't say that they were issues

K Train
05-17-2012, 09:40 AM

gilbert gets banged up but always seems to get taped up and come right back, not sure thats an "issue"