PDA

View Full Version : The Limas Watch....

MDSteel15
05-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers

Former Steelers wide receiver Limas Sweed struggled in a tryout with the Giants.

The recent success of the Steelers helped the AFC North finish second in the Sporting News' analysis of the strongest divisions over the past five seasons.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

The Lakelander
05-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Put a fork in him! ... He's done!

coldrolled
05-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Put a fork in him! ... He's done!

Two years back did he tear his achilles like suggs did? or an acl like Hightower?

ChucktownSteeler
05-15-2012, 06:46 PM
If true, sadly it may be the end of the line for Limas.

The legend of Limas comes to an end.

C-town

Zachintosh66
05-15-2012, 11:35 PM
tore his brain muscle

Speeed
05-16-2012, 08:45 AM
I don't know why some are so hard on him. Is it personal? He is just a guy trying to use his talents to earn a living and do something he loves. What is he supposed to do? He is a respectful, hardworking talent. And he was a Steeler, I hope we never forget. When I went to training camp last summer he was one of the few who hung out and signed autographs. He was very humble and polite.

I wish him the best.

tore his brain muscle

The Lakelander
05-16-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't know why some are so hard on him. Is it personal? He is just a guy trying to use his talents to earn a living and do something he loves. What is he supposed to do? He is a respectful, hardworking talent. And he was a Steeler, I hope we never forget. When I went to training camp last summer he was one of the few who hung out and signed autographs. He was very humble and polite.

I wish him the best.

Just this ... the guy had all the intangibles ... size, speed, athleticism ... he had a solid personality ... he had it all ... except when he got his chance to show it, then he couldn't catch a football ... it was very sad ...

Number99
05-16-2012, 09:00 AM
He's just another bust in the draft legacy of the NFL. I have nothing against the guy , but just wish peps (not neccessarily here) would get over the guy. He's not coming back. He's never going to be relevant in the NFL. I admire his determination but if he had as much determination in catching the ball as he does in trying to get an NFL roster spot he'd then have some relevancy.

Speeed
05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
That is an honest assessment. That is more than likely a fact, as opposed to how some just make fun of him for it. He played in the NFL, for a great team. How many of us, or anybody gets to do that? The NFL ride is usually a short one - in this case, too short.

He's just another bust in the draft legacy of the NFL. I have nothing against the guy , but just wish peps (not neccessarily here) would get over the guy. He's not coming back. He's never going to be relevant in the NFL. I admire his determination but if he had as much determination in catching the ball as he does in trying to get an NFL roster spot he'd then have some relevancy.

ChucktownSteeler
05-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Never say never. I am glad this logic wasn't used on James Harrison.

C-town

steelspikes
05-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Wow. We are really stretched for topics, it seems. August can't come to soon. Vis a vis the Stiller, Limas is, sad to say, a has-been. The team has moved on, so should we.

Blazedby92
05-17-2012, 02:35 AM

What he said!

Zachintosh66
05-17-2012, 08:47 AM
not has-been... never-was

BlacknGoldHaze
05-17-2012, 08:22 PM
If true, sadly it may be the end of the line for Limas.

The legend of Limas comes to an end.

C-town

You no longer feel the need for Sweed Chuck?

ChucktownSteeler
05-17-2012, 09:28 PM
You no longer feel the need for Sweed Chuck?

We have a need, a need for Sweed!

I still have the photo of me wearing Hoosier's #14 Sweed jersey at Quaker Steak & Lube!

Those were the days.

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Good morning gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees..
Holy **** it's Sweed trying to latch onto another team... LOL

coldrolled
05-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Lets talk about kenny Britt too....