PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bradshaw Did Not Have A Heart Attack

Steelerlyn
01-26-2007, 08:58 AM
This is kind of weird...

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=5990523&nav=menu50_2

This is how rumors get started

Terry Bradshaw now knows what Mark Twain meant when he said "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

Rumors that Bradshaw, a Shreveport native, had died of a heart attack swept through the area Thursday.

They were wrong. KTBS talked to a friend of Bradshaw's family Thursday afternoon. He said Bradshaw was on vacation in Mexico and has talked to his parents in Shreveport and told them he is OK.

Bradshaw won four Super Bowls in a Hall of Fame career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He's now a pro football analyst for Fox Sports.

One theory as to how the rumor got started was that a local radio station reported a wreck on the Terry Bradshaw Passway -- part of the Inner Loop and that was misunderstood to say Bradshaw had passed
away.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/local/5362776.html

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks once again media for taking a story completely unrelated to anything like this and getting it completely FUBAR'd !

Steelerlyn
01-26-2007, 09:05 AM
You know I was thinking that maybe we should have a forum called "rumor mill" that is made up only of rumors and each month we should evaluate them and see which ones really had some truth to it. I think that would be interesting, we could actually track these rumor mills.

They are still, as recently as today on the Tomlin/Grimm story. I did not post it because I know you prefer it not be here. I did post it on my site though.

AZ_Steeler
01-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Whatever happened to checking your facts before reporting it to the public? :dunno: Everyone is so quick to be the first to break a story that they don't even check anymore :smh:

Steelerlyn
01-26-2007, 10:16 AM
If I were a reporter, in this day and age, I would rather be a consistent second, who has their story straight than one who "breaks a story" irresponsibly.

TEEMONT
01-26-2007, 10:32 AM
In other news, James Brown is not really dead, he just had a sex change, and is Jamie Brown "Duchess of Soul" now.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-26-2007, 01:26 PM
heart attack? couple so-called media outlets said he died in a car accident. Geez and the morons in the media. Will still have a job after this. Ugg

BR7
01-26-2007, 01:49 PM
I heard he shot someone too. Twice! :D

TEEMONT
01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
I heard he drank the entire Gulf of Mexico then died from salt-water poisoning.

BR7
01-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I heard he drank the entire Gulf of Mexico then died from salt-water poisoning.

I heard that too, but I thought the salt water conflicted with his ebola, which sped up it's infection causing him to bleed faster than expected.. hence the shooting before his death.

Sheesh, get yer damn facts right!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I heard that too, but I thought the salt water conflicted with his ebola, which sped up it's infection causing him to bleed faster than expected.. hence the shooting before his death.

Sheesh, get yer damn facts right!

No he was out drinking with Big Ben. :lol:

DIESELMAN
01-26-2007, 11:29 PM
The old story of boy crying wolf....the more a certain rag prints BS the more people ain't gonna read it (common sense would dictate that but there are people out there beyond help...lol).....:helmet:

House of Steel
01-27-2007, 12:17 AM
The old story of boy crying wolf....the more a certain rag prints BS the more people ain't gonna read it (common sense would dictate that but there are people out there beyond help...lol).....:helmet:

Like my mother.....:rofl:......No I am not joking either.