PDA

View Full Version : Name your top three picks you were hoping the Steelers drafted ... but missed taking ...

The Lakelander
05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Here are mine ...

1. OG/OT Cordy Glenn - I felt this guy could be a beast at LG for the Steelers ... DeCastro was the pick ... but Glenn would have done just fine ...

2. RB Robert Turbin - Tough Steeler-esque runner with a nice burst could have been a nice compliment to our young group ...

3. LB James Michael Johnson - Spence will likely prove to be a better pick (I never saw Spence coming) ...

Runner-up. WR Joe Adams - But our WR corps would have been tough for Adams to cut into ... maybe could have been the #5 guy and used on punt returns? ...

I think we scored big on our first 4 picks this time ... time will tell ...

The current roster feels younger and more talented than it has felt to me in quite some time ...

Nolrog
05-14-2012, 05:54 PM
They came away with far more than I could have ever dreamed.

1: Decastro
2: Adams
3: Ta'amu.

Number99
05-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Guys I would have liked to have seen are Kendricks, Massie, and Polk.

RobZagnut
05-14-2012, 06:56 PM
1. Hightower
2. Kendricks
3. Any Kicker

I'm happier with the Top 5 guys they actually got then what was on my wish list.

BlacknGoldHaze
05-14-2012, 07:17 PM
I was hoping for Brandon Weeden but the Clowns took him dammit!:lol:

Real Deal Steel
05-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Robert Turbin for depth with Dwyer and Redman would have been nice but with what we got out of the first 3 picks was better then I could have hoped for.

HUNT4SEVEN
05-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Castro, Adams,Spence lmao:lol: I love this draft...:tt02:

ChucktownSteeler
05-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Turbin for sure, then:

Shea McClellin - DE
Tommy Streeter - WR
Patrick Witt - QB

coldrolled
05-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Turbin for me also, but rainey is like a wallace in speed.. kickoffs and punts will be fun.

Carson Wiggs - Kicker.

Osweiler. A big QB backup

cbrunn
05-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Marcus Dowtin ... my personal favorite player in this draft and went as a UFA
Dre Kirkpatrick
Brandon Thompson

NorCalSteel
05-15-2012, 04:15 AM
With as good as the Steelers have been in the draft this last decade I don't bother second guessing them anymore. I have been a fan for over 30 years now and the 90's were tough..lol

connecticutsteel
05-15-2012, 08:16 AM
I felt like they should have taken Dennard in the 5th even with his issues we could have taken him and always cut him later if they didn't want to

steelwolf
05-15-2012, 08:48 AM
None, I think the Steelers Aced the draft DeCastro, Adams, Ta'amu, should be long time steelers. one of the other picks should be as well, and that alone is a great draft. Picks like Rainey...how can you not like those type of guys in later rounds. Hope we can keep Omar Khan and KC around so the Steelers can continue to have drafts as productive as these.

steelchamp204
05-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Osweiler from ASU about Bens size,mobile and good accuracy, I aM VERY HAPPY thought with the draft we had this year. No complaining from me. Im on the Spence ship now to.

tgunn86
05-15-2012, 11:48 AM
If you ask me they should have taken Bernard Pierce and/or Robert Turbin at the RB positions, BUT Rainey is an interesting guy and it would be nice to see Dwyer, Clay, Batch and Rashard (if healthy) be one of the better RB groups. Also maybe a corner like Donnie Fletcher in the late rounds or that guy from Furman. Eh either way they did a great job in the draft and we should be excited

The Lakelander
05-15-2012, 01:57 PM
None, I think the Steelers Aced the draft DeCastro, Adams, Ta'amu, should be long time steelers. one of the other picks should be as well, and that alone is a great draft.

I have a feeling it will be Spence who we are blown away by when it's all said and done ... Steelers fans love their LB's, especially when they are big time playmakers ... I got this really good feeling about Spence!

coldrolled
05-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Spence is a fun player to watch as is rainey. Dwyer may be also with a new OC and OL

Raleigh Steel
05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
i loved the draft. i wish they would have got a kicker and a backup QB...like Az State's or kellen moore in the 7th round. i also really liked mike martin from michigan but only because i'm biased. i believe ta'amu will be better.

JollyRob68
05-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Brandon Washington in the 6st or Tom Compton.

MDSteel15
05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego St.
Nate Potter, OT, Boise St
Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
who were drafted....

Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M
Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona St
Hebron Fangupu, DT, B.Y.U
Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia....

ALL undrafted!!!

KemoTherapy
05-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Pretty hard to argue with what we got but as a fan of physical, nasty offensive lines I would have been overjoyed to have had Amini Silatolu in the line with DeCastro. Other teams would not like playing against that line. I'm surprised he went very early in the 2nd round.

K Train
05-16-2012, 02:17 PM
i would have really liked minnifield and brandon washington late.

i didnt even think decastro was in the realm of possibility without moving to the top 10, and ive had taanu and adams mocked to us several times over the process....after the first 2 picks, they were incapable of pissing me off

KemoTherapy
05-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Agree with you on DeCastro. Pre-draft, I automatically go right past guys like him because you figure there's no way he'll be available when we pick.