PDA

View Full Version : Ray Rice predicts a Rats Super Bowl Championship

The Lakelander
05-12-2012, 11:18 AM
LMAO! ... so soon! :lol:

Ravens | Ray Rice promises a Super Bowl
Sat, 12 May 2012 06:47:06 -0700

Baltimore Ravens franchise free-agent RB Ray Rice made a promise to fans Saturday, May 12, that the team will capture the Super Bowl this season.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1ufXkXvHz

Phenomenal TJ
05-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Capture it on film maybe..

Raleigh Steel
05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
and if they don't?....

predictions would mean something more if these guys backed it up with something. this would be more news worthy if rice had said, "the ravens will win the super bowl this year, and if we don't i will sit out the following season without pay." or something like that.

until one of these athletes/coaches (rex ryan) put their money where their mouth is, it's nothing but hot air.

Number99
05-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Vince Young predicted the Eagles were the "Dream Team" too. How'd they work out for them?

ChucktownSteeler
05-12-2012, 11:46 AM
This is hilarious. Must be some type requirement with this team that does their playing through the media. Talk is cheap, I suppose.

In all honesty the best chance they had was last year. This offseason hasn't been kind to the Rats. They may finish third in our division, looking up at the Bungals and Steelers.

C-town

coldrolled
05-12-2012, 11:58 AM
3rd is a real possibility. If Dalton doesnt go into the sophmore jinx Flacco will be fighting with the Browns for last place.

They are old and they lost a few good men... Plus they have Flacco. With a weak defense they are doomed. They dont really score that much.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Really what is Ray Rice supposed to say? they're going to suck and have no shot at winning the Super Bowl.....

connecticutsteel
05-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Really what is Ray Rice supposed to say? they're going to suck and have no shot at winning the Super Bowl.....

Exacty

Speeed
05-12-2012, 05:37 PM
If they do we will all be eating - errr, crow, no raven, no, wait, .... crow .....

Root4Stlrs
05-12-2012, 05:49 PM
He's whistling past the graveyard.

mos07
05-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Good for him. He's an idiot.

Real Deal Steel
05-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Charles Manson proclaimed himself Jesus Christ too........

Ravens won't even finish in second place this coming season, Bengals have that locked up.

BlacknGoldHaze
05-12-2012, 07:17 PM

Yeah but what's he gonna say when they finish 8-8 and in third place in the North?? :hilarious:

Nolrog
05-12-2012, 07:52 PM

I love when someone asks this. Those are two extremes. There's plenty in the middle that he could have gone to if asked.

"I think we have a good shot with the team we have and we can go deep in the playoffs." or some variant of that. It certainly doesn't have to be "we'll win it all" or "we totally suck."

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2012, 08:06 PM
I love when someone asks this. Those are two extremes. There's plenty in the middle that he could have gone to if asked.

"I think we have a good shot with the team we have and we can go deep in the playoffs." or some variant of that. It certainly doesn't have to be "we'll win it all" or "we totally suck."

I'm just saying I would hope most players are confident in their teams winning a Super Bowl....I know I wouldn't want any players on the Steelers not having confidence in their team winning the Super Bowl.....

Speeed
05-12-2012, 09:51 PM
We all know the Ravens will be competitive. That is the history. Don't write them off - after all, the Steelers seem to compete despite the obstacles. What makes everyone think they won't compete?

Callax
05-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Time to hit him for a random drug test, CUZ he is high as a kite!!!

WOW joe foldo says he's the best QB in THE NFL....
Now RR predicts a SB championship what the hell is in the water in Balt?? residue coke???

elephantman
05-13-2012, 12:00 AM

Ray Race predicting The steelers to win the SB would be newsworthy, not this

LatrobePA
05-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Hey Ray and Flacco, suck my bag!

steelchamp204
05-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Who cares. He can talk all he wants because he is one of the best if not the best veristal backs in the NFL. All I know is that the Ravens kicked our ***'s lastyear and Im ready for us to give the *** kicking back to them this year. Whoever thinks the Ravens also wont be in the hunt for a wildcard spot also this season is just being a true homer.

The Lakelander
05-13-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm just saying I would hope most players are confident in their teams winning a Super Bowl....I know I wouldn't want any players on the Steelers not having confidence in their team winning the Super Bowl.....

If I'm right, the only player the Rats still have as a holdover from their one and only Super Bowl is Ray Ray ... He's a decade older now :yesnod:

Therefore, no one in that locker room has a clue what it takes!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Confidence is one thing, but predicting that SB championship before training camp even starts?!!! :lol: Ok there Rex Ryan, how's that working out for you so far!

Root4Stlrs
05-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Confidence is one thing, but predicting that SB championship before training camp even starts?!!! :lol: Ok there Rex Ryan, how's that working out for you so far!

Yes, I agree. Being confident is one thing, as you say, but the excessive braggadocio - I don't get what that is supposed to accomplish. As you say, it hasn't worked for Rex. Maybe the players and coaches who do this think the Joe Namath magic will rub off since it DID work so well for him.

ChucktownSteeler
05-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Namath predicted the win in the week leading up to the Super Bowl, not before camp even started.

Agreed, Rice handled this very poorly.

C-town

Number99
05-13-2012, 06:37 PM
All Rice did was put more chalkboard fodder up in the Steelers lockeroom. And hopefully Cincy and Clevelnad too. As with the "dream team" last year this prediction will boldly go where most others have gone before. Right down the the preverbial poop shoot.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2012, 07:50 PM
I guess I'm looking at it like this I hope everybody in the Steelers locker room thinks the team will win the Super Bowl this year...So really I don't have a problem with what Rice said.....really has no bearing on the season....plus if the Ravens fail to do so we all can make fun of Rice then....lol

ChucktownSteeler
05-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Number99 above is correct. This will make good bulletin board material. Thinking it and running your mouth to the press are different altogether.

gtadroptop
05-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Sounds like he's scared. False bravado.

harpo
05-14-2012, 12:20 PM

Exactly.....what the hell is he supposed to say? That the Steelers will win it? (lol)

The Lakelander
05-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Exactly.....what the hell is he supposed to say? That the Steelers will win it? (lol)

Well if honesty begs the moment .... :thinking:

Nolrog
05-14-2012, 05:56 PM

I'll just pick 1 of my 500 possible replies:

"I think we have a great team and I think we'll have just as good a chance as anyone else."

There's a tremendous amount of room between we suck and we're going to win it all.

Root4Stlrs
05-15-2012, 02:43 AM
I'll just pick 1 of my 500 possible replies:

"I think we have a great team and I think we'll have just as good a chance as anyone else."

There's a tremendous amount of room between we suck and we're going to win it all.
Exactly right. I don't see subtlety as a Ravens' strong suit.

Ravenous Rex
05-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Time to hit him for a random drug test, CUZ he is high as a kite!!!

WOW joe foldo says he's the best QB in THE NFL....
Now RR predicts a SB championship what the hell is in the water in Balt?? residue coke???

He sure has folded past few games against you on your home turf hasn't he? And yeah, he sure sucked it up in the playoffs. I respect most steeler fans, but u idiots with your head up your *** who continue to diss flacco are a joke...and obviously never played the game.

Ravenous Rex
05-16-2012, 09:52 PM
All Rice did was put more chalkboard fodder up in the Steelers lockeroom. And hopefully Cincy and Clevelnad too. As with the "dream team" last year this prediction will boldly go where most others have gone before. Right down the the preverbial poop shoot.

Wow That doesn't sound insecure at all. Someone needs to get a life.... (I can't wait for your, "yeah YOU" response.)

igor0190
05-16-2012, 10:48 PM
He sure has folded past few games against you on your home turf hasn't he? And yeah, he sure sucked it up in the playoffs. I respect most steeler fans, but u idiots with your head up your *** who continue to diss flacco are a joke...and obviously never played the game.

Flacco just doesn't have what it takes... PERIOD. I love that the ratbirds are wasting their time with him.

The Lakelander
05-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Flacco just doesn't have what it takes... PERIOD. I love that the ratbirds are wasting their time with him.

Well ... :thinking: ... in the Ravens realm of thinking, that team can win it all with a QB who can avoid the big mistakes ... :thinking: ... and score just enough points for Ray Ray's defense to win it ... :thinking: ...

Problem is, this NFL is built for offenses now ... :thinking: ... and Ray Ray's OLD! ...

:thinking: ... and Flacco has a unibrow! ...

Speeed
05-17-2012, 07:54 AM
I used to think that Flacco might have his day. But the fact is that many Ravens fans are on the fence over him. The previous quote to the effect that he avoids making the big mistakes and scoring just enough points for the D to win is pretty accurate. It seems every year there is talk of him getting better, he is still developing, etc. This seems to be just another year for him, when, in the end, the same will be said. To make it big, you have to take risks. You have to run your team. You have to put yourself out there. He just seems like a hollow shell out there throwing the football. The guy rarely makes the high-lites reel.

As I said, Baltimore fans are polarized by him. If he did not have these issues, there would not be so much talk about them. That is a fact. I don't have anything against him. In fact, I feel for the guy. I live just outside of Baltimore so I hear on the radio, see him on tv, etc. and I can say the guy has zero personality, zero presence, and is just kinda there. Very weird. If he wants to win it all, he has to consistently put up points, take risks to make the big play, and improve his stats. I am frankly amazed that a QB with the stats he had took the team as far as he did. I bet much of that was on the D. Forcing turnover in the opponent's end of the field for easy offensive, short yardage TD's. Of course I wish the Steelers would have done that last year. I am just as amazed they got as far as they did!

Anyway, I think Flacco has much to prove. Now so does Ray Rice. Both will be playing for a lot of potential money this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2012, 09:17 AM
The Ravens are still going with the thought process that won them their only super bowl back in 2000. Play tough defense, run the ball, and have a QB not lose the game for you. Flacco is hot and cold and he has had some streaks of good games but in the end he's wildly inconsistent. Then you throw in a coach who says he's the best QB in the league and the QB himself who says the same thing and then it just becomes a laughing stock.

The ravens fans can talk all they want about how they swept the Steelers last year but the fact is we have owned them in the playoffs and they can't get over the hump with Flacco as their QB.

Real Deal Steel
05-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Not only have we owned them in the Playoffs but Flacco has been our MVP with those timely interceptions to us to crush their hopes.

Last year's sweep was a fluke. We've addressed depth and talent needs on our lines, coupled with the big free agent losses the Ravens took, and Suggs being out for the year?..... the Ravens will be lucky to finish second in this division. I see the Ravens finishing in third place in this division behind the Bengals.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2012, 12:12 PM

We're idiots since we diss Flacco?....lol Like some Ravens fans don't diss Big Ben.....lol Really did you expect to come on a Steelers site and have Steelers fans give Flacco props?..........I think he made some strides last year but still at times he looks god awful.......He is the master of the check down and does throw the a nice deep ball.......His play-off performances did improve last year but his first two years in the NFL his play-off performances were just brutal......To me Joe Flaccid isn't in the first tier of elite NFL QB.....sorry its just my opinion and I'm entitled to it.....Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers.........I think those are the elite but I will put Flacco in the 2nd tier.......I would take him all/every day over the fraud Matty Ice............I would take Flaccid over Romo also......I'm not putting Cam Newton in the top ten yet since I want to see him do it again so Flacco would be in my top ten....I just threw up typing that....lol

coldrolled
05-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Flacco did have good protection over his years already. If that softens he is doomed. he cant take the hits like ben and stay focused kinda like Peyton, he gets wacky when theres steady pressure too..

steelers4life66
05-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Vince Young predicted the Eagles were the "Dream Team" too. How'd they work out for them?

Hopefully we see a smiler outcome.

steelers4life66
05-19-2012, 03:19 PM
And Joe fu@k O said he was the best QB in the league.

Speeed
05-19-2012, 03:51 PM
I agree. One thing the Ravens do really well is protect their QB. For once, they have a QB worth protecting too. Hopefully this year we can get to him and make his games miserable. I wish our line would just get it together already. We should be scoring 30 points a game.

Flacco did have good protection over his years already. If that softens he is doomed. he cant take the hits like ben and stay focused kinda like Peyton, he gets wacky when theres steady pressure too..

Mean Linebacker
05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
The key to beating the ravens is the same as it is anyone else, get to the QB and stop the run. Our pass rush should be improved this year and our ability to cover the middle with tight ends.

Ray Rice or anyone else predicting anything in terms of a championship is just plain stupid.

Real Deal Steel
05-21-2012, 12:36 AM
The Ravens will come apart at the seams this season because they will finish in third in this division. And with their pass rush deminished because of the lack of Suggs, their secondary will be exposed.

We are going to see Harbaugh deal with real adversity this season. That's when we'll see how good of a coach he really is.

coldrolled
05-21-2012, 06:04 AM
We have seen Lewis losing games, the whole Lewis as a leader kinda crumbles when the losses mount. He starts teeing off on his own players. I think that was the year the Bengals came in first place.. a few years back. Bens motorcycle year??

steelersbabex25
05-22-2012, 11:23 AM
I just can't wait to see more Harbaugh bitching this year. Really one of the components of a great NFL season.

"They were mocking us on the big screen :crying:"

:rofl:

Speeed
05-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Living near Baltimore provides much opportunity for me to be exposed to that. That guy always complains. He never, ever, ever congratulates the opponent, win or lose. If he loses, you can bet he will complain. Never a positive word out of his mouth. I hope a stray footbball nails him in the nuts this year. I hate that guy.

I just can't wait to see more Harbaugh bitching this year. Really one of the components of a great NFL season.

"They were mocking us on the big screen :crying:"

:rofl:

steelersbabex25
05-22-2012, 11:51 AM
I honestly have never seen a bigger bitch of a head coach than him. It's entertaining.

ChucktownSteeler
05-22-2012, 12:13 PM
All I know is we owe the Ravens - BIG TIME!