PDA

View Full Version : 7th rounders David Paulson and Terrence Frederick sign with Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2012, 01:37 AM
As reported by our good friend Chuck Finder at CBS...

The Steelers reached agreements with two more draftees, meaning six of their nine picks have come to terms. Seventh-rounders David Paulson, a TE from Oregon, and Texas A&M CB Terrence Frederick -- drafted six spots apart -- reached the requisite four-year deals. Among the unsigned is first-round G David Decastro.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

connecticutsteel
05-10-2012, 09:09 AM
I wonder if DeCastro is gonna be a problem?I know that he is still in school so that is probably why he hasn't signed .I don't think he will be a problem because you can't really hold out anymore,i guess you could hold out over the 5th year option but that seems silly

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Many of the draft picks still have to finish school. Stanford's school year ends later than most other schools according to DeCastro himself but I'm sure he's in contact with his agent all during this process. If he doesn't sign until early June it's not the end of the world. He can't report back to the team until school finishes anyway.

ChucktownSteeler
05-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Ohio State has a late graduation date as well. We won't see Adams until then either.

C-town

cmerrifield
05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Last year, when the first rounders got into the late teens early twenties, teams were trying to guarantee less and less. The first 12 or so picks last year had their whole contracts guaranteed. I am guessing the hold up is over guaranteed money. Maybe the two sides are waiting to see what those guys around him got guaranteed.