PDA

View Full Version : Drew Butler or Jeremy Kapinos?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Some vids on the Steelers undrafted free agent Punter out of Georgia, Drew Butler. Is he going to beat out Jeremy Kapinos, who finally gets his shot to have a legitimate chance to win the starting job.

2009 was Butler's best year, he averaged 48.1 yds per punt.

In 2010 and 2011 he averaged 44.5 and 44.2 respectively.

Kapinos in 2011 averaged 45.0 yard per punt, in 2010 it was 44.8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqEslN9GNFM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90R_qnAjiyw

ChucktownSteeler
05-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Let them battle it out in camp and the better leg win. I look for placement and hang-time as well, not just net yardage, although to a point they are somewhat related.

Drew could get better, but a concern watching the video is a fact he has never punted in bad weather.

Let the better punter win!

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Neither one of them is going to kick it 55 yds every time but competition is always good. Kicking in bad weather isn't something you can really teach until you're in the bad weather. These guys know the techniques that need to be used when the ball is rock hard from the cold or soaking wet from rain but it will be a trial by fire if Butler makes the final squad.

Goodfrom55
05-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Unless this guy comes in and punts like Reggie Roby, keep Kapinos. He is proven and solid punter. Can't completely go by Butler's success in college because those balls are much easier to punt than the "K" balls in the NFL.

That being said, let the best man win.

Raleigh Steel
05-08-2012, 09:29 PM
the better question is: suisham or ABSS (anybody but sean suisham)?

ChucktownSteeler
05-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I have zero faith is Suisham, hope someone can show up and beat him out. I just wish we had a kicker that could consistently reach the endzone on kick-offs and garner a few touch-backs for the special team. However, Heintz Field is a tough venue for kickers.

Here's to the hope with our improved offense that we will rely less on Shawn for field goals and more on him for extra points!

C-town

C-town

HUNT4SEVEN
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=Raleigh Steel;495470]the better question is: suisham or ABSS (anybody but sean suisham)?[/QUOTE
^^^^^Yea what he said, I like Kapinos, But i agree let the best man win, we need a Legitimate FG kicker and a guy who can kick the ball out of the end zone on a regular basis

connecticutsteel
05-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Drew Butler has the skill to get the job it's all a matter of how he does during the camp and pre-season.Salary cap may play into it at some point but i don't think Kapinos is too expensive

THEY MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT RYAN LONGWELL MINNESOTA JUST RELEASED HIM. SURE HE KICKED IN ADOME BUT HE ALSO KICKED IN GREEN BAY ,CHICAGO TWICE A YEAR

i FORGOT WE SIGNED GRANT RESSEL PK OUT OF MIZZOU http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=164182

BlacknGoldHaze
05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
the better question is: suisham or ABSS (anybody but sean suisham)?

Agreed.....I would rather see us bring in someone to challenge Suisham. I was happy with Kapinos

Hoosier
05-09-2012, 01:48 AM
That's like asking, "Lima beans or butter beans?"