PDA

View Full Version : Steelers were going to trade up for DeCastro in the draft

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Interesting tidbit that came down this evening via Jason Lacanfora's twitter:

@JasonLaCanfora: Interesting note on Bruce Irvin, the 1st 1st rounder to sign. Jets and Steelers had a draft-deal essentially done for NY to drop back ...
@JasonLaCanfora: Jets were gonna take Irvin or Coples in the mid-20s, and Steelers would take DeCastro at 16. Once Seattle took Irvin at 15, Jets pulled out
@JasonLaCanfora: Steelers still got their man, DeCastro, in their original spot. Will be interesting to see how careers of Irvin and Coples pan out.

Colbert said after the pick that he was one of the guys they were willing to trade up for if the right offer came down, but fortunately they didn't have to, which probably would have made them give up their 2nd round pick, or 3rd at the worst.

igor0190
05-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Wow... Wonder how much truth there is to this.

It makes sense though, Jets being a trade partner and all.

mos07
05-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I like it. Anytime the Seahawks are mentioned in the same breath with the Steelers, it brings a smile to my face. SB XL brought an end to 25 years of frustration. And could have this worked out any better for the Steelers??

mos07
05-08-2012, 12:27 AM
...and if this is true, the Steelers believed the Bengals were considering DeCastro at 17. God, I love this outcome.......staying put and striking gold......

Hoosier
05-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Doesn't really matter. I suppose it gives us something to chat about. :-) Btw, Victor cheated on Nikki with Colleen's Spanish professor.

K Train
05-08-2012, 10:03 AM
im calling bullshit, they would never actively make me that happy on purpose

SteelDad
05-08-2012, 10:48 AM
My guess is they would have moved maybe 3-4 spots but anymore than that would have had a huge price tag. Doesn't matter. We got our guy.

gtadroptop
05-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Whew.

There are times when things just click into place. Good omen in our quest for the Holy Grail this season, if you're into omens and things.

ChucktownSteeler
05-08-2012, 01:51 PM
We got him, that's all the matters.

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2012, 04:08 PM
im calling bullshit, they would never actively make me that happy on purpose

This is true man, most times all they do is **** you off so why in the world would they appease you? LOL

I wouldn't have been surprised to see them trade up but thank goodness they didn't have too. Staying patient is one thing but it goes to show they aren't above pulling a Belichick and jumping around to get the guy they want..LOL.

K Train
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
This is true man, most times all they do is **** you off so why in the world would they appease you? LOL

I wouldn't have been surprised to see them trade up but thank goodness they didn't have too. Staying patient is one thing but it goes to show they aren't above pulling a Belichick and jumping around to get the guy they want..LOL.
haha BB never ever ever ever trades up, hes always moving down....good move on his part cashing in those extra picks hes been stockpiling for years

he kept hightower away from the ravens, can hardly hate on him for that lol

cmerrifield
05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
We heard this last year about the Redskins to get Mike Pouncey. That was proven to be false, this could too. I have a hard time believing that Rex Ryan would do anything to help the Steelers.

JollyRob68
05-08-2012, 04:57 PM
I expected Cincy to grab Dre Kirkpatrick and felt Cleveland would take Weeden or DeCastro. When They drafted Weeden I was rocking for joy because Detroit needed a tackle and Riley Reiff was on the board. Hello Mr DeCastro, Welcome to The Burgh. :)

ChucktownSteeler
05-08-2012, 05:04 PM
I expected Cincy to grab Dre Kirkpatrick and felt Cleveland would take Weeden or DeCastro. When They drafted Weeden I was rocking for joy because Detroit needed a tackle and Riley Reiff was on the board. Hello Mr DeCastro, Welcome to The Burgh. :)

I actually had the feeling the day before the draft and posted such in this forum. Once KC took Poe I thought we had a very legitimate shot at DeCastro. In all the mocks I saw this guy was jumping around like a Mexican bean. He had no "favorite" landing spot.

I am glad we got him.

C-town