PDA

View Full Version : Maurkice Pouncey all healed up and ready to go

CowherPower
05-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Now let's just hope he can stay healthy. Another year of him being in and out of the lineup will just doom the entire offense before they even start.

Center Maurkice Pouncey said he is 100 percent following offseason surgery to remove bone spurs that made his ankle unstable. First-round pick David DeCastro switched his number from 61 to 66.

From the Trib (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1292919-85/steelers-round-lyons-amu-lindsey-answered-david-pick-rookie-signed)

ChucktownSteeler
05-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Good news indeed!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
My wife had bone spurs before, those things are a huge pain in the rear end to deal with. If that was his problem last year then he should be like a new man this season. I wonder when they actually found this to be the problem...

Black@Gold Forever32
05-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Good since we need Pouncey to beast.......Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, Adams gives the Steelers 4 young OL that could dominate for years to come.....

connecticutsteel
05-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Bouchette says Adams won't see the field this year. I disagree the Steelers would like to dump even more salary to sign Wallace so if they can get rid of J Scott every bit will help

Root4Stlrs
05-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Bouchette says Adams won't see the field this year. I disagree the Steelers would like to dump even more salary to sign Wallace so if they can get rid of J Scott every bit will help
Bouchette isn't always accurate in his predictions. That's a pretty bold prediction for him to make when they've been on the verge of having to play the water boy a couple of times the past few years. Speaking of Scott he was on the top100 players show several times showcasing the "talents" of several defensive linemen.

coldrolled
05-07-2012, 09:29 PM

Our Team needs him. I think douchette said he wont start, he was not strong enough yet.

Geez, He has to be better than Scott.

ChucktownSteeler
05-07-2012, 09:34 PM
I am not too sure if anyone can predict if Adams will see the field or not. Seems like an outlandish claim.

C-town

coldrolled
05-07-2012, 09:43 PM
How are bone spurs and high ankle sprains related?

Hoosier
05-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Bone spurs can numbness in areas other than their immediate location, as well as joint stiffness and muscular pain. Sprains? Not so much... LOL

K Train
05-08-2012, 09:23 AM

bouchette is an *** clown. adams is much more ready than gilbert was....the only thing that would hold adams off the field completely is gilbert just coming out and DOMINATING, which would be an awesome problem to have

pouncey being healthy turns me on

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
I like Bouchette, he's one of the best no question but there's is no way that Adams doesn't see the field this year. Even if he doesn't make the starting lineup out of the gate, however if nothing else the injuries that always happen will force him onto the field sooner or later.

The Lakelander
05-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Bouchette eats his Primanti's sammiches with a silver spoon ... just saying ...

Raleigh Steel
05-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Bone spurs can numbness in areas other than their immediate location, as well as joint stiffness and muscular pain. Sprains? Not so much... LOL

hoosier, c-town, lake, rollers...there goes the neighborhood! LOL. what's up sean?

looking forward to seeing 53 out there at 100%. and is bouchette now a coach or a "writer"? just askin.

ChucktownSteeler
05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
hoosier, c-town, lake, rollers...there goes the neighborhood! LOL. what's up sean?

looking forward to seeing 53 out there at 100%. and is bouchette now a coach or a "writer"? just askin.

I don't care much for the arrogance of Bouchette. I read his "blog" (or whatever its called) and he is downright disrespectful to Steeler fans at times. When you have a job such as his I don't like to see that.

Growing up I was taught:

"Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice"

C-town

BlacknGoldHaze
05-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Bouchette eats his Primanti's sammiches with a silver spoon ... just saying ...

How do you eat your Primanti sammiches Lake?? You just "hack' em down?? :lol:

The Lakelander
05-08-2012, 10:36 PM
:lol: ...
How do you eat your Primanti sammiches Lake?? You just "hack' em down?? :lol: ... Raleigh ... errr .... Triangle would have to agree with that analogy ... Bouchette has nothing on me!

Real Deal Steel
05-09-2012, 12:03 AM
bouchette is an *** clown. adams is much more ready than gilbert was....the only thing that would hold adams off the field completely is gilbert just coming out and DOMINATING, which would be an awesome problem to have

pouncey being healthy turns me on

Totally agree with you K-Train. Adams readiness is going to push Gilbert. Or it should. Gilbert now has had a whole year under his belt, had a chance to hit the weights and know how to prepare on a professional level,....Gilbert should be a beast this coming year.

Hoosier
05-09-2012, 12:30 AM

Brian, is that you? When are we going to get together over a steaks and brews?

Raleigh Steel
05-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Brian, is that you? When are we going to get together over a steaks and brews?

yeah man, it's me!!!! we'll have to get together this football season!!!!

FeelSteel
05-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Sweet! glad to have him at 100% hopefully he can return to probowl status type play. He took a bit of a setback last year, maybe or mostly due to injury. I'm really happy about our O'line going into this season.