PDA

View Full Version : biggest mistake about a prospect you have made

cmerrifield
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
For a little offseason fun, what is the dumbest thing you have posted on SA about a draft pick, ours or another team's?
I called Antonio Brown Dallas Baker 2.0 and I thought Sweed would come around. Those are my two.

K Train
05-07-2012, 02:36 PM
I ****ing HATED revis as a prospect

i loved sweed, hell i still kinda love sweed lol

i also thought brady quinn was going to be amazing

JollyRob68
05-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Mad love for Sweed still hoping he gets a camp invite but he wont.

ChucktownSteeler
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I thought Kieth Urbik would have a good shot with the Steelers.

C-town

Hoosier
05-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Sweed is my boy. Ask chucktown.... LOL

connecticutsteel
05-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Mine was thinking Tony Hills would start for the Steelers @ guard last year and #2 would be that Cerzdon Butler would make the roster

Zachintosh66
05-08-2012, 09:35 AM
People still think Sweed is gonna come around...

K Train
05-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I thought Kieth Urbik would have a good shot with the Steelers.

C-town
kraig urbik....theres a reason you dont remember his name, because its not worth remembering

Mine was thinking Tony Hills would start for the Steelers @ guard last year and #2 would be that Cerzdon Butler would make the roster

tony hills should have started at guard last year

ChucktownSteeler
05-08-2012, 12:49 PM
kraig urbik....theres a reason you dont remember his name, because its not worth remembering

tony hills should have started at guard last year

Keith or Kraig, you knew who I meant. Thought he would have a legitimate shot here. Seems to be doing O.K. with the Bills.

jpele
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Not sure you can label it a mistake but I was upset that the Steelers picked Pouncey over Bryan Bulaga.

K Train
05-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Keith or Kraig, you knew who I meant. Thought he would have a legitimate shot here. Seems to be doing O.K. with the Bills.
andy levitre is a top 5 guard, and eric wood is a top 6-7 center....urbik can be painfully average and their running game would still be good. he really kinda sucks

Not sure you can label it a mistake but I was upset that the Steelers picked Pouncey over Bryan Bulaga.
bulaga is a guy i always liked a lot....but idk how i would have felt about a middle tier tackle prospect over a top tier c/g prospect given out situation at the time (hartwig)

ChucktownSteeler
05-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I can't see any scenario where you call drafting Pouncey a mistake. The need was there and the correct selection made. I am not sure if Wiezsniski (SIC) was still on the board when Pouncey was selected, but I may have given him some thought in lieu of Pouncey.

Either way, we made the correct selection.

I saw an article where Urbik gave up zero sacks this last season for the Bills. He may suck as you say, but how would he have looked in lieu of Kemo, Essex, Foster, and/ or Legs? These guys didn't really impress me as NFL grade starting material.

C-town

JollyRob68
05-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Lance Zierlien said Urbik was better than Foster but Foster had more confidence. The lockout really messed things up, if Urbik paned out and we got DeCastro this yeah we'd be jumping for joy. I don't think Urbik was given time. Bruce Davis for the Steelers was a wasted pick.

K Train
05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Lance Zierlien said Urbik was better than Foster but Foster had more confidence. The lockout really messed things up, if Urbik paned out and we got DeCastro this yeah we'd be jumping for joy. I don't think Urbik was given time. Bruce Davis for the Steelers was a wasted pick.

the lockout was from march 11-july 11

urbik was released september 2010....he wasnt released cause the lockout messed things up, he was released because he was getting blasted off the ball, was slow off the snap, and had lead in his feet.

Im glad hes servicable in buffalo, but that doesnt make me wish we kept him...he was a bad pick, a reach, and an underperformer overrated because of the school he played for. Completely a wasted pick, just like 90% of the picks in 09

EDIT: lance zierlien lmao, disgruntled son of a fired oline coach...a radio/blog personality. i bet he thinks the steelers made all kinds of wrong moves. releasing urbik was 10x better than drafting him imo

but who really cares right?........ decastro <3333

The Lakelander
05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I thought Isaac Redman would be a better RB in Bruce Arians offense than Mendenhall would be ... :thinking: ... I still believe that! :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I really liked Ryan Leaf coming out of college.....lol I'm serious thought he was going to be a stud....lol Still remember him beasting in college......To bad Leaf had the mentality of an eight year old and no mental toughness.......Thought Fred Gibson was going to be a player at one time to....lol

SteelDad
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I drank the Sweed juice big time but I was wrong...

I also thought Chad Henne would have a much better professional career.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

coldrolled
05-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Not drafting Carson Wiggs this year.. Seahawks have him. we need a big kicker

mos07
05-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Early on, I wanted to trade up for POE....with DeCastro, Adams, and Ta'amu falling to us...thank god for unanswered prayers!

cbrunn
05-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Just started paying attention to the draft heavy this year ... but i absolutely love Marcus Dowtin , now plays for the jets, guess it'll take some years to see if i was right about him

Hoosier
05-09-2012, 01:37 AM
I really liked Ryan Leaf coming out of college.....lol I'm serious thought he was going to be a stud....lol Still remember him beasting in college......To bad Leaf had the mentality of an eight year old and no mental toughness.......Thought Fred Gibson was going to be a player at one time to....lol

Is that a Lombardi phallus arising from the "confluence?" Are we going to get #7 this season, or are you just happy to see me?

Hoosier
05-09-2012, 01:38 AM
B&G Forever, are they still putting them to sleep up in Mich City?

**Sent from my 1979 Motorola Bag Phone**

MDSteel15
05-09-2012, 09:34 AM
I was so on the Sweed wagon...

K Train
05-09-2012, 10:53 AM
theres no shame in being on the sweed wagon, he had everything we wanted/needed. He was an awesome pick in the second round

ChucktownSteeler
05-09-2012, 12:37 PM
I really thought Sweed was going to do great things for the Steelers. As much as I liked the kid from Tiffin (Nate Washington, I think), he reminded me of a track star playing football. He wouldn't go over the middle and never really "went up and fought for the ball". I thought this was a facet Sweed was going to give us and ease the pain of Washington's leaving a bit. Sweed just never made it here, but I still wish him well.

C-town

Number99
05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Speaking of Sweed per Mark Kabloy on twitter : RT "@TheBlueScreen: Former Steelers WR Limas Sweed (second round, 2008) is at Giants minicamp for a tryout this weekend."

Seems Sweed is getting another chance after Cincy said no.

Callax
05-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Mine was from a few years back a WR for tenn tyrone calico NEVER amounted to anything even WORSE than Sweed
as for steeler picks tim worley was my WORST recently it was a tie between tony hills and c butler

Root4Stlrs
05-13-2012, 06:07 PM
as for steeler picks tim worley was my WORST

That brings back some bad memories.

connecticutsteel
05-15-2012, 09:25 AM
The Giants love there pick Ruben Randle so i don't think Sweed will make it there either maybe Miami

coldrolled
05-15-2012, 02:30 PM
Arians trying to coach the new offensive players. felt sorry for all of them.

connecticutsteel
05-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Marcus Dowtin was a good prospect but Rex will Rex his career