PDA

View Full Version : What are you most looking forward to for the Steelers in 2012?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Training camp is still months away but with the schedule out, the draft behind us, and free agency excitement over with (mostly atleast) we can start to see what things will really get our blood flowing this season.

A few things for me to get it started:

Todd Haley actually have a balanced offense that doesn't just preach the running game but actually uses it to compliment the passing game

An offensive line that might actually be able to spend more than 1 game together

Ben getting sacked less than 30 times in a season (hey, babysteps here, babysteps, lol)

Isaac Redman prove the critics wrong and be successful as a starter

K Train
05-07-2012, 02:06 PM
i dont think even with the brick wall of an oline that bens sack numbers will go down...the more time hes given, the more time he will take.

but i cant wait to see the run game, sucks that mendenhall is likely done for with us now that we got him an oline.

issac redman being asked to carry the load is just an absolute nightmare of mine...im not saying he cant run behind guys like decastro and pouncey, im saying why not get someone who can actually run behind the new studly blockers better?

i think im most excited to see who wins the other guard spot whether it be left or right that ends up being decastros....THATS what i get excited about now? jesus lol

cmerrifield
05-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I am excited to see an offensive coordinator at work. I am most excited about seeing the potential of this offense with a line that isnt offensive.

Nolrog
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
i dont think even with the brick wall of an oline that bens sack numbers will go down...the more time hes given, the more time he will take.

While that's probably true that he'll take more time, the sacks should still go down. He'll have more time to find an open receiver and a better running game will keep defenses more honest.

K Train
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
maybe go down a little, but overall he'll still probably be one of the most sacked QBs

LatrobePA
05-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I can't wait to see how our LB'rs respond to injuries last season that kept their sack #'s down. Of course the offense now with some brains in there.

Oline, Dline, RB's, DB's...

DBR96A
05-07-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm looking forward to the Steelers mind****ing the **** out of the following people:

1. Those who want to give the AFC North to the Bengals now that Terrell Suggs is hurt.

2. Those who say that a bunch of 31- and 32-year-old starters on defense are too old.

3. Those who say that Ben Roethlisberger can't run a timing/precision offense.

4. Those who believe that anything other than miscommunication was responsible for lapses in the secondary this past post-season.

5. Those who said that David DeCastro is "just a guard" after he fell to the Steelers in the draft.

6. Those who claim that Todd Haley won't improve the offense.

ChucktownSteeler
05-07-2012, 02:35 PM
So many things I will probably miss a few.

A cohesive O-Line that can "gell" and stay together injury free.

A new OC that can take us to the next level. Can we say "Balance"

A WR corp that is coming into its own and can be one of the best in the NFL. Here's to Wallace getting signed and Sanders avoiding the injury bug.

A couple of mercurial RBs named Batch and Rainey that could give opposing DCs nightmares and heart-attacks.

A healthy LB corp that has Woodley and Harrison playing more than 3 games together and Timmons settling into 1 position and having an all-pro year. Foote proving he still has a little left in the tank until the "next one" steps up.

Troy becoming Troy again.

Our young CBs taking the next step (Lewis, Brown, and Cortez Allen).

Myron Rolle becoming the talk of the NFL.

J-Kap making us forget about D-Sep.

We get a FG kicker!

And finally, the draft class of DeCastro, Adams, Spence, and Ta'Amu all get significant playing time and contribute.

Did I ask for too much?

C-town

coldrolled
05-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Haley improved offense and the OL allowing RB's, TE's and WR's some time to open up the plays.

Rainey and Dwyer making us forget Mendy for this year.

DL, OLB's and Ta'amu opening up CB and ILB blitzes a few times a game. To keep the good QB's on edge.

More int's because of the DL pressure..

jpele
05-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Guess likeveveryone else I can't wait to see the offensive game plan. As for Redman ,when given the opportunity he gained yards running behind that crappy line, he should look pretty damn good behind these guys.

gtadroptop
05-07-2012, 05:57 PM
All of the above plus:

Winning.

Shutting up the critics.

#7 in the display case.

That about covers it.

Goodfrom55
05-07-2012, 08:51 PM
While that's probably true that he'll take more time, the sacks should still go down. He'll have more time to find an open receiver and a better running game will keep defenses more honest.

I don't know. . .haley's offfense is a little more quick strike and balanced. Let's face it, everyone knew when the Steelers were passing last season, so they brought the house because they knew our line blocked like matadors. Difference, hopefully stronger line, better playcalling and Ben getting rid of the ball sooner - those the the 3 things I look forward to seeing this year on offense anyway. Oh yeah, and the consistent display of a running game.

strummerfan
05-07-2012, 09:24 PM
the return of a fullback... oh wait

no more bubble screens...oh wait

no more single back sets... crap

I'm looking forward to having an offensive line that can actually block in space and get to the 2nd level. An offensive line that doesn't get burned by stunts inside repeatedly. Last but certainly not least an OL that doesn't require the TE to stay into help block like 90% of the time.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Ben doesn't have the quickest release so he will never be sacked as little as a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees but still the sack numbers should go down for Ben this year........I would be happy with Ben only being sacked 30-32 times this year.......Upgrades along the OL and better play calling will do wonders for Ben being sacked less....Sure he will still hold onto the ball to much at times but I do think overall Ben should have a better pocket this year to get rid of the ball quicker.........

Root4Stlrs
05-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't know. . .haley's offfense is a little more quick strike and balanced. Let's face it, everyone knew when the Steelers were passing last season, so they brought the house because they knew our line blocked like Matador.

I agree. Looking forward to less predictability with offense. Also looking forward to seeing what kind of excitement Rainey can bring to offense. Along with Wallace could be nightmare for DCs.

HUNT4SEVEN
05-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Offense hands down, it's been 20 years since i've been excited about our offense,I also want to see Rainey on Special teams i hope he can block sum punts/FG's.I wish we could see Mendy behind a real O-Line also but hey it is what it is, i wouldn't mind seeing Benson run behind our line for a year,I also hope we get some new FS/SS depth it's time to say good bye to Mundy and Allen, I'm excited to see what Spence can do also, and who wins the 2nd Corner back position.:tt02:

acero
05-07-2012, 10:41 PM
I WANT TO SEE CREATIVE GAME PLANNING ON OFFENSE AND ID LIKE TO SEE THE STEELERS BEAT THE RAVENS, DESTROY EM HELL YEAH !!!

Hoosier
05-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Not being swept by an inferior Ravens team.

K Train
05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Ben doesn't have the quickest release so he will never be sacked as little as a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees but still the sack numbers should go down for Ben this year........I would be happy with Ben only being sacked 30-32 times this year.......Upgrades along the OL and better play calling will do wonders for Ben being sacked less....Sure he will still hold onto the ball to much at times but I do think overall Ben should have a better pocket this year to get rid of the ball quicker.........
actually bens release is among the elite, always has been...that was a big thing when he was being drafted. His release is brilliant once he decides to throw, but most of the time his release is with a rollout, broken tackle, and 3 pump fakes lol

ChucktownSteeler
05-08-2012, 01:52 PM
I think better play calling is going to help as well. I see the number of sacks being reduce this year as well.

C-town

LarryNJ
05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
In this order:

(1) Seeing Ben play healthy, with a real coordinator and line.
(2) Beating the Eagles
(3) Taking my son to the parade in Feb. :)

Deviouz1
05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
i look forward to 3 things besides decastro and adams.

spence and polamalu on the same field at the same time.

rainey surprising the **** out of just about everyone.

ta'amu learning the ropes from one of the best. i dont expect him to get much playing time and honestly i hope he doesnt. maybe a few downs per game at most... for now. slowly work him in and then next year see the progress.

K Train
05-08-2012, 03:54 PM
why do you treat taamu as a project? hes much more ready for the pro game than hood was and hood played a harder position that isnt even built for.

taamu plays the easiest position on a 34 defense, has unreal lateral movement for a guy that size, can pursue a ball carrier, collapse a pocket, take up double teams....imo aside from decastro hes the next most ready rookie to make an impact.

he got a first round grade by some, but widely considered a second round pick...sometimes NTs fall though, weve seen it year after year and its not because they arent ready

Deviouz1
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM
because i think he would greatly benefit from the extra time from a mental standpoint rather than a physical one. from what i understand, while he's not stupid, he's not exactly the brightest bulb in the room. honestly i think he would probably be fine and be an immediate upgrade from Snack physically. but im not convinced he's completely ready to take over for him either. i just have a feeling it would be better that way. call it a hunch.

but i could be wrong, it's certainly happened in the past.

LatrobePA
05-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope all the rookies force the coaches to start them... That's a good thing!!

K Train
05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
lol maybe he can hire rolle as a tutor once rolle is looking for a job.

he'll be fine, maybe not day one starter but day one rotational guy for sure

Steelersfan
05-08-2012, 04:44 PM
He will be fine from day one. Not much of a play book for a NT.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

LatrobePA
05-08-2012, 04:45 PM
I need to see Flacco sacked then t bagged by Harrison!

Real Deal Steel
05-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Who said Redman is the starter?

K Train
05-08-2012, 05:17 PM

i pray every night that hes not

Number99
05-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm looking fwd to.....

Rainey taking his first punt back to the house.

Erasing the bad taste that finished out 2011 in game one.

A better O-Line leading to, less sacks and more big running plays.

And Week 11. So can't wait for week 11.

LatrobePA
05-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Redman runs tired! Here comes the flames! lol hahahaa

Hoosier
05-09-2012, 02:00 AM
As long as he doesn't get sacked out of a 5-wide empty set on 3rd and half a yard...

steelchamp204
05-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Just seeing Ben get time in the pocket to throw, now there shouldnt be any excuse to hold onto the ball so long. Either it's not there/throw it away/tuck and run and make sure you slide Ben :)

dwim99
05-09-2012, 02:38 AM
I would hope to see a perfect record in the AFC North

Raleigh Steel
05-09-2012, 10:28 AM
1) new offense that actually scores points

2) steelers sweeping the division

3) another home AFCC win

4) #7 hoisting lombardi #7

BlacknGoldHaze
05-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Not being swept by an inferior Ravens team.

Amen Brother!

bigplaysteel
05-12-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm looking forward to the Steelers mind****ing the **** out of the following people:

1. Those who want to give the AFC North to the Bengals now that Terrell Suggs is hurt.

2. Those who say that a bunch of 31- and 32-year-old starters on defense are too old.

3. Those who say that Ben Roethlisberger can't run a timing/precision offense.

4. Those who believe that anything other than miscommunication was responsible for lapses in the secondary this past post-season.

5. Those who said that David DeCastro is "just a guard" after he fell to the Steelers in the draft.

6. Those who claim that Todd Haley won't improve the offense.

All sound good to me. It will be interesting to read [#2] how the Steelers transitioned to one of the youngest D's in the league so quickly and effectively to boot.

coldrolled
05-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Just seeing Ben get time in the pocket to throw, now there shouldnt be any excuse to hold onto the ball so long. Either it's not there/throw it away/tuck and run and make sure you slide Ben :)

in reality, ben waiting for 4 WR's going down field 30 yards is history. bens game will be quicker with haley.
the worst was the TE's and WR's ending up in the same field space at the end of the plays. not sure if that was Arians or Bad route running, it did happen alot.

The Lakelander
05-12-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm looking forward to bubble screens and trips right ... Ben holding the ball too long (thus making the greatest all-world all-star offensive line look pathetic) ... fumbles (and/or INT's and/or dropped passes) inside the Red Zone ... and our Pittsburgh Steeler Nation to continue a life long of bitching about how pathetic our 12-4 Steelers are on a weekly basis!

coldrolled
05-12-2012, 11:49 AM
12-4 sucks when the ravens win 2 of those 4

Phenomenal TJ
05-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm really looking forward to watching Roethlisberger and the receiving corps put on some poetry in motion.

BlacknGoldHaze
05-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what our running game looks like with a real O-Line!

Njsteelersnut
05-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Haze Im also looking forward to seeing how well the revamped offensive line plays, not only opening holes holes for the running game but also keeping Ben upright. If this line gels our offense will be throwing up a lot of points this season.

coldrolled
05-13-2012, 09:08 AM
A fast paced offense with quick passes and a smashmouth run game in harmony together..

The Lakelander
05-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Aside from the sarcasm that was my previous post in this thread ...

1. Redman and Dwyer running with aggression! ... Redman's will power after contact is unreal ... and giving opposing defenses a dose of that for 60 minutes behind a young and hungry o-line is going to be fun to watch! ...

2. Hines is retired ... camp will need to be the place for new leadership to step up with our young WR's ... Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery! ... Can't wait to see this group in Haley's offense ...

3. Our new TE group has some serious size! ... How will Haley use them (especially in the Red Zone) ... ???

4. 2011 was injury riddled for Harrison and Woodley ... those two being healthy will cause our defense to play more aggressively ...

5. Who among the young corners will step into Willie Gay's spot? ... this is far from decided yet ...

6. The early exit from the playoffs last season was toxic for the fans ... for the team it had to be even worse ... that was a long flight home from Denver! ...

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Most definitely interested in seeing how Haley balances out this offense. How much of a change will we really notice? Ben said fans probably won't notice much, so how much do u read into that?

RobZagnut
05-13-2012, 02:25 PM
1. Excited to see how many and how much the Top 5 picks contribute this year.

2. Excited to see if any of the four 7th rounders make the team.

3. Can't wait to see the new offense. I've wanted a Sproles type player as a safety valve for Ben for years.

4. Can't wait to see the 3 young guns spread out wide then Rainey goes in motion to the slot position.

5. Looking forward to seeing the development of Worilds, Carter and Sly after a complete camp.

Root4Stlrs
05-13-2012, 05:29 PM
1. Excited to see how many and how much the Top 5 picks contribute this year.

4. Can't wait to see the 3 young guns spread out wide then Rainey goes in motion to the slot position.

5. Looking forward to seeing the development of Worilds, Carter and Sly after a complete camp.

I agree with all of these. The NFL replay today showed last year's game at Cincinnati. Antonio Brown was great in that game. Reminded me how talented he is. Really do hope the young LBs step up and contribute this year. Also hope the young kid from Miami has a great year in whatever role he has in the defense.

coldrolled
05-13-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree with all of these. The NFL replay today showed last year's game at Cincinnati. Antonio Brown was great in that game. Reminded me how talented he is. Really do hope the young LBs step up and contribute this year. Also hope the young kid from Miami has a great year in whatever role he has in the defense.

Funny i was watching the secong half and thought about us not missing farrior, gay, 85 if he leaves. We will miss mendy. But redman is a beast.

K Train
05-14-2012, 01:19 PM
http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_David_DeCastro_01--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_David_DeCastro_02--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_David_DeCastro_03--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_David_DeCastro_Ikponmwosa_Igbi nosun_02--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_David_DeCastro_Sean_Kugler--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_Ikponmwosa_Igbinosun_David_DeC astro--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_Rookies_03--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_0504_0957--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_0504_1138--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_0505_0407--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_0505_0412--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/05-May/2012_RookieMiniCamp_0505_0274--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

coldrolled
05-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Cool Ktrain, did you notice number 69.. Ryan Lee He is a beast... 66 and 69 at guard.

Raleigh Steel
05-14-2012, 05:03 PM
ktrain, awesome pics bro!

i just love the fact that decastro is wearing #66...could be a steeler thing. all great guards get to wear #66. not saying decastro is great...yet...but i believe he will be.

The Lakelander
05-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Cool pics! ... How do you get them?

coldrolled
05-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Cool pics! ... How do you get them?

On the Steelers website under rookie camp.

Root4Stlrs
05-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Funny i was watching the secong half and thought about us not missing farrior, gay, 85 if he leaves. We will miss mendy. But redman is a beast.

I was thinking how life is unfair to people - with mendy running behind that line from last year - how much better he would be behind what I think the OL will look like now. I have a personal soft spot for Farrior especially so it will be hard for me not to miss him as a person on that team.

coldrolled
05-14-2012, 09:54 PM
I was thinking how life is unfair to people - with mendy running behind that line from last year - how much better he would be behind what I think the OL will look like now. I have a personal soft spot for Farrior especially so it will be hard for me not to miss him as a person on that team.

I actually have a jersey signed by farrior. i meant missing his slowness more than himself