PDA

View Full Version : Henry to do jail time

Steelersfan
01-26-2007, 02:41 AM
CINCINNATI -- Chris Henry (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7259) got a judge's lecture and a two-day jail sentence after settling the last of his four court cases Thursday, putting the Cincinnati Bengals (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cin) receiver in line for another suspension from the NFL.
Henry drew a two-game suspension this season for violating the league's conduct and substance abuse policies, and could get a harsher punishment for his latest convictions.
"We are reviewing this and will take appropriate disciplinary action in due course," spokesman Steve Alic said.
Henry has become the symbol of Cincinnati's extensive off-field problems -- nine players arrested in the last nine months, two of them suspended by the league during the season. Henry had four arrests in the last 14 months.
He avoided jail time in the first three cases, but was taken to the Kenton County Jail in northern Kentucky on Thursday after a judge accepted his guilty plea for letting minors drink in a hotel room he rented last spring.
"You embarrassed yourself," Kenton County District Judge Greg Grothaus told Henry. "You embarrassed a lot of people, teammates, friends and family, the city, the fans and myself."
Grothaus gave Henry a 90-day sentence, and suspended all but two days. Prosecutor Ken Easterling wanted Henry to spend some time in jail.
"Looking at his history and the amount of times he's gone before other courts and not gotten jail time, the reason we sought jail time was to send a very clear message to him that this is going to be the response every time you get in trouble in our community," Easterling said. "So I hope, as the judge indicated, that he gets the message."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2742412

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Only two days what a joke. Hey for you that have daughters lock your doors when Chris Henry comes to town.

AZ_Steeler
01-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Rumors on the radio said he showed up in front of the judge wearing a leather jacket with a hooded sweatshirt! :wtf: was this guy thinking, totally disrespectful to judge!

Steelerlyn
01-26-2007, 09:11 AM
loudmouthed SOB he is sick!

K Train
01-26-2007, 10:34 AM
hes supposed to get a 4 game suspension

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

floodcitygirl
01-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Like he's never had a lecture before???? Riiight! Anyone who really believes that this slap on the wrist will have any affect on his choices is an idiot. This is a joke!

BBG7
01-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Police said he brought alcohol for three females -- ages 18, 16 and 15 -- in a Covington, Ky., motel room on April 29. One of the three, Monica Beamon, 18, was charged with murder in Cincinnati last September.
I didn't know this either. Makes him even more of a thug. He is a low life piece of scum, however, the next time he messes up he will probably have to do the 88 days that were suspended and his new sentence. What a role model for the Bungals:bigthumb:

BR7
01-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Police said he brought alcohol for three females -- ages 18, 16 and 15 -- in a Covington, Ky., motel room on April 29. One of the three, Monica Beamon, 18, was charged with murder in Cincinnati last September.

I didn't know that either... But I guess when your the ugliest dude in Professional Sports, you need to do something to get noticed.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/30/eve/henrya.jpg

SteelerFan87
01-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Have fun in jail Chris! Say hi to Ray Ray and Jamal!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-26-2007, 03:06 PM
the court system in this country is so screwed up.

Blitzburgh55
01-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Dont drop the soap Chirs Henry

BR7
01-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Dont drop the soup Chirs Henry

Or the soap!

DIESELMAN
01-27-2007, 01:20 AM
They should've sentenced Marvin Lewis to 30 days for not giving a ****.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-27-2007, 01:43 AM

lol good one Diesel.:bigthumb:

Hburg
01-27-2007, 01:59 AM

Marvin does give a damn, but the Bengals scouting organization is the most underfunded in the NFL. He hasn't been there that long and from what I've heard has been fighting to put more emphasis on that part of the organization for a while.

Only two days what a joke. Hey for you that have daughters lock your doors when Chris Henry comes to town.

Hell no, if Chris Henry is coming to town I'm hittin' him up for some of his weed. Puff puff pass motherf*cker! :rofl:

BuFu

DIESELMAN
01-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Marvin does give a damn, but the Bengals scouting organization is the most underfunded in the NFL. He hasn't been there that long and from what I've heard has been fighting to put more emphasis on that part of the organization for a while.
BuFu

If he gave a damn Henry would've been gone a looooong time ago and so would the rest of the jailbirds. If his scouting team is so underfunded then how did they know about their character issues before they got drafted? Lewis still drafted them knowing they got problems, hes playing a lottery he can't win.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-27-2007, 02:15 AM

Hell no, if Chris Henry is coming to town I'm hittin' him up for some of his weed. Puff puff pass motherf*cker! :rofl:

BuFu

:bluelol: You have a point there BuFu. But we probally get arrested hanging with Chris Henry since he is so stupid to keep getting caught. I have been to jail and I don't want to go back.:bluelol:

Hburg
01-27-2007, 02:17 AM
If he gave a damn Henry would've been gone a looooong time ago and so would the rest of the jailbirds. If his scouting team is so underfunded then how did they know about their character issues before they got drafted? Lewis still drafted them knowing they got problems, hes playing a lottery he can't win.

My guess is that he was trying to just stick it out and try to make due but then it kept going downhill.......he's got two years at absolute best to wipe this whole problem clean before I think he gets fired. It's not entirely his fault up until this point but the longer it goes on it will make the bengals into at best a Detroit Lions team with a 4,000 yard passer, a 1,000 yard receiver yet no playoff hopes.

BuFu

big d
01-27-2007, 10:54 AM
what pisses me off about this is I got 10 days in county jail for getting 2 underages in a months time span before I turned 21 and this jack hole is trying to liquor up some 16 year old girls and he gets 2 days.

BB2W
01-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe the 88 days on the shelf will convince him to straighten up...

floodcitygirl
01-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Even the fans here in Cincy don't believe this guy won't be in trouble again. They did an informal poll on a radio sports talk show yesterday. In four hours there wasn't one person that called in that believed that he learned his lesson with a two day stint.

The thing is that as soon as that team wins a game or two and Henry plays well, they'll all go back to not giving a flip if he gets in trouble off the field.

IMO if Henry had learned something from this he would have manned up and walked out the front door of the jail straight up to the mics admitted that he screwed up and purposed not to do it again. Instead, he snuck out the side door to a waiting car.

It's back to life as usual in Cincy.....