PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh whining about the Ravens being cheated again

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Ravens coach John Harbaugh believes the Spygate scandal permanently taints the Patriots, saying the three titles the team won under coach Bill Belichick have to be called into question because the team broke NFL rules by taping opposing coaches’ signals.

In an interview on Baltimore radio station 97.9 FM (http://thejoint.98online.com/_Coach-Harbaugh/audio/935921/13306.html), Harbaugh was asked about the Saints bounty scandal. But instead of talking about the Saints, Harbaugh focused his answer on the Patriots.

“In the end, everything is brought before the light of day,” Harbaugh said. “Even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now, it’s been stained. So to me, it’s never worth it. You’ve got to figure out ways to use the rules to your advantage.”

Harbaugh said he and the Ravens organization are always careful to make sure they’re in compliance with the rules of the NFL.
“If you’re cheating, in the end, you’re going to get discredited,” Harbaugh said. “It’s just not worth it.”

Harbaugh added that he believes the Ravens have been victimized by other teams cheating in the past, although he doesn’t want to say which teams because he believes such an accusation would become a headline at a certain pro football website.

“Yeah, I have, but if I say when, it’s gonna be like Pro Football Talk is gonna blow up like crazy,” Harbaugh said when asked if he thinks he has ever been victimized by another team breaking the rules. “I’m going to get accused of accusing somebody of something.”
Consider PFT blowed up, Coach Harbaugh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/01/john-harbaugh-patriots-titles-have-asterisks-are-stained/

LatrobePA
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
He speaks the truth in this case... They fn cheat and keep on cheating, the league slaps them in the wrist and sends them on their way! I hate Harbaugh but he makes a valid point!

cmerrifield
05-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Changed the subject from bounties? Wonder why? Maybe he was too uncomfortable talking about punishment for something his team does.

sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

coldrolled
05-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Lets Sack Flacco 10 times this year... Take Brady down like Dumervil did a few times in the AFCC this year.
Woodley and Harrison need to complete this job..

Nolrog
05-01-2012, 06:20 PM
This is not my reply. It's the first reply in the comments section in the link:

"John Harbaugh’s titles are stained…oh, wait…"

ChucktownSteeler
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
They did cheat, no doubt. But he wasn't even coaching then, was he?

C-town

Number99
05-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Yea the Pats did cheat but they were the ones that got caught. There is no way anyone can not convince me that all the NFL teams cheated in some way. But Harbaugh coming out and crying about old news now is just plain hilarious. Funny still is how is mentions PFT. That site has the biggest bunch of morons that comment on it. And its run by a pretty big moron in Florio. So last year the Ravens won the North , now if they don't this year is Johnny H going to blame someone for cheating?

connecticutsteel
05-01-2012, 06:45 PM
They did cheat and Goodell was only commish for a short time was before he was power mad like nowadays so he didn't punish them harsh enough.we lost to the pats during that time

elephantman
05-01-2012, 07:45 PM
we lost to the pats during that time

^twice..

gtadroptop
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
I don't get his angle. He was asked about the Saints scandle. What was he trying to accomplish by rehashing the Pat's issue and crying about PFT? If he didn't want to talk about the Saints, a simple 'no comment' would have sufficed. Does he want to become a discussion board whipping boy?

RobZagnut
05-01-2012, 08:08 PM
I've had numerous debates with Pats fans about this topic. The main point they can't dispute is that they only won each of their three Super Bowls by 3 points. I tell them that knowing what plays are coming is at least worth 7 points during the whole course of a game. Usually get silence or "everyone else was doing it too."

greennick
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
The asterisks next to the Pat's super bowls are so big they have their own gravitational pull. They have little asterisk moons circling around them. Not that any Pats fans will ever accept that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Yea the Pats did cheat but they were the ones that got caught. There is no way anyone can not convince me that all the NFL teams cheated in some way. But Harbaugh coming out and crying about old news now is just plain hilarious. Funny still is how is mentions PFT. That site has the biggest bunch of morons that comment on it. And its run by a pretty big moron in Florio. So last year the Ravens won the North , now if they don't this year is Johnny H going to blame someone for cheating?

The Ravens cheated last year by engaging a D-lineman and then another chopping his legs out from underneath. This is a classic case of a cheater like Harbaugh pointing out someone else is cheating to deflect from what he's doing.

I wonder was there a bounty out on Mendenhall when Ray Lewis broke his collar bone?

Callax
05-01-2012, 09:17 PM
What a crying, whiny *** BITCH!!!!
We need to slap their sorry asses down this year when our OL will give BigBen time and beat the crap out of the ratbirds.... we keep RR in check, joe foldo will stay true to form and LOSE!!!!!

he does not EVEN QUALIFY AS A TOP 15 QB... overrated POS!!!

belacheat and NE got a slap on the wrist.... they should have lost the 1st firsat round pick, (6th overall) not their designated team pick ( 27th? overall)...

ChucktownSteeler
05-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I've had numerous debates with Pats fans about this topic. The main point they can't dispute is that they only won each of their three Super Bowls by 3 points. I tell them that knowing what plays are coming is at least worth 7 points during the whole course of a game. Usually get silence or "everyone else was doing it too."

Just remember this equation:

Tom Brady - Adam Vinetari = Jim Kelly (or Fran Tarkenton)

Brady got 3 wins with the aid of a video camera and the toe of Vinetari

C-town

LevonKirkland99
05-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Sounds like Haurbough wants to create some buzz so people start to talk about the ravens....The Orioles are taking all the spotlight on the radioing stations ; and he wants them to keepnfocussing on the football team...
Don't forget that RG3 arrival to DC has sucked all the air from the Baltimore DC metro area...

BlacknGoldHaze
05-01-2012, 11:26 PM
He's already backing off of those comments....saying "it's just a perception of cheating"....

BlacknGoldHaze
05-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Goondell definitely must have made a phone call to Harbaugh.....he's retreating faster than Bradshaw's hairline....

Root4Stlrs
05-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Somebody must have told him to cool it because he's backpedaling at 60 mph. He's saying it was other people's perception of cheating by the Patriots, not even his. What a loser. He's folding faster than Flacco usually does.

steelchamp204
05-02-2012, 04:21 AM
He was not whining at all about this, I heard the interview when they played the sounbite on espn. Didn't seem like whining to me, just the truth. Even if he is the HC of the ravens.

Phenomenal TJ
05-02-2012, 04:31 AM
I'm so tired of hearing about Spygate. So incredibly tired.

Nolrog
05-02-2012, 07:22 AM
The Ravens cheated last year by engaging a D-lineman and then another chopping his legs out from underneath. This is a classic case of a cheater like Harbaugh pointing out someone else is cheating to deflect from what he's doing.

That's still legal for interior line men. Illegal for others though.

greg1964
05-02-2012, 09:18 AM
the Pats did cheat, they got caught, and haven't won a championship since: Now TB and other pat player will say "Look what they have done" since they where busted: Too which I would say: WHAT have you done? Yeah you could but up points with Moss, WW, and others, you can be one of the highest scoring teams with two all pro-type TE, BUT what has that gotten you: NOTHING: When they were winning championships they had Smith, Dillion and other RUNNING the ball. They had a defense that wasn't the laughing stock of the NFL.

People have said that "spygate" didn't make a diffrence: how was it that the Pats won a lot of close games durning that time and can't seam to close out a close game now. ALL three of the championship were won by 4 points or less against teams that were better offensively then the Pats. The persons who same call a "genesis or HOF coach" seam to have all the right moves on D durning spygate can't stop ANYONE. The defense is wing it with TB and hope someone can make a play.

And in my eyes, no matter what the Pats do now, it doesn't vailadate what they did in the pass: and that is too cheat for their champsionships

Speeed
05-02-2012, 12:30 PM
True - but we all know that was a planned tactic to catch us off guard. Sneaky and underhanded. Harbaugh will always look for a way to win other than straight up football. I can only imagine what questionable tactic he will employ against the Steelers this year. He is as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

Real Deal Steel
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM

That's what they say.

LarryNJ
05-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Changed the subject from bounties? Wonder why? Maybe he was too uncomfortable talking about punishment for something his team does.

sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

That makes sense. He wasn't whining at all, he simply changed the subject for some reason.

SteelDad
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
As much as I hate the prick Harbaugh I think I hate him more now for back-tracking. I have no doubts that he got a call from the commish telling him to retract the comments. Typical Harbaugh... Surprised he didnt get a gatorade bath for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2012, 10:45 PM
As much as I hate the prick Harbaugh I think I hate him more now for back-tracking. I have no doubts that he got a call from the commish telling him to retract the comments. Typical Harbaugh... Surprised he didnt get a gatorade bath for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think there is a bigger D-Bag in the NFL than John Harbaugh.........lol I'm sick of Jim to.........lol

Phenomenal TJ
05-03-2012, 02:13 AM
Asterisk or no asterisk, the Saints and Patriots still have their Super Bowl trophies and chances are very good that it's staying that way, igniting a fire that has long since died out like Harbaugh did was nothing short of childish. Whether or not X team lost to X team, it's in the past, it happened, it was dealt with, and hopefully moving forward it doesn't happen again.

SteelDad
05-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Peter King opened his piece on the Saints' punishments with the following:

Saints 77 Pats 0

This is in reference to number of games players and coaches will/have missed. To me this says two things; 1. Goodell knows he is up **** creek with the number of lawsuits about head trauma that are coming and 2. He greatly underestimated the reaction to his less than harsh punishment of the Pats so now he is overreacting.

Nolrog
05-03-2012, 11:09 AM
He greatly underestimated the reaction to his less than harsh punishment of the Pats so now he is overreacting.

The Pats cooperated, did everything the commishoner asked and turned over all the requested tapes.

The Saints were told to stop it, yet they continued and when Goodell was looking into it, they stonewalled him.

Remember the old saying. It's not the crime, it's the cover up.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2012, 10:34 PM
They burned all the tapes from spygate to try and cover that up but it's never going to fully go away, especially now.

As far as Harbaugh's go, there's nothing better than listening to them make excuses for their continued failure in the playoffs.

Farrior Fan
05-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Failure in the Playoffs? Its not a failure.... its the lack of professionalism of the referees, or the gusty wind, or the tweaked hammy, or the wide right

Real Deal Steel
05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
The Pats cooperated, did everything the commishoner asked and turned over all the requested tapes.

The Saints were told to stop it, yet they continued and when Goodell was looking into it, they stonewalled him.

Remember the old saying. It's not the crime, it's the cover up.

True....but there is also a factor of Goodall trying to show the courts down the line (in the coming concussion cases) that the NFL is doing all it can do for player safety.