PDA

View Full Version : Ben is NOT complaining about the new playbook!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Steelers fans everywhere seem to be having a coniption fit over Ben's radio interview today when he replied to a question about the new playbook on offense, that you need a Rosetta stone book to figure it out; that he and Todd Haley need to meet and figure it out, etc.

People need to stop jumping down Ben's throat every time he says something. What do you expect him to say? "Well sure, it's easy, I memorized it in 5 minutes!" Of course it's going to be difficult. He hasn't had to learn a new playbook in a long time so it's an adjustment for him but he's got all offseason to learn it. He's just being honest. It's not like the season opens tomorrow!

I've done my share of complaining about some of the things Ben's done over the years but it's time to move on.

Ok rant off now, thank you...

Number99
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Mis-information was started in the USA back when Washington was out smarting the RedCoats. I see Ben has taken a similar approach. :stirpot:

steelersbabex25
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
He's just not used to a playbook that includes more than 3 plays.

LatrobePA
04-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Seeing how he's coming from a 3 play playbook of course he's confused! He got through school based on football not rocket science!

The Lakelander
04-30-2012, 03:14 PM

:lol:

Poor Bruce ... not enough soreness in his *** from being 'kicked' out of town ... he's still getting reamed!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
It's amazing how many people on twitter and other sites are just up in arms about this. I just don't get it. He'll get used to the playbook, even if he does need Rosetta stone..lol

JensK
04-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Is it on the interwebz somewhere?

xBlitzBurghx
04-30-2012, 04:08 PM

Lmao!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

SteelCityKid5
04-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I just listened to the radio interview and didnt even think twice about what Ben said until I saw it as a topic on here. He is right, he needs the Rosetta stone to decipher this playbook because it's probably what a real offense should look like not just the plays Ben wants. I still strongly believe that this offense now under Haley can work wonders. Im excited and I truthfully think Ben is too. Haley will optimize our talents.

coldrolled
04-30-2012, 04:26 PM
:lol:

Poor Bruce ... not enough soreness in his *** from being 'kicked' out of town ... he's still getting reamed!

Wait till he is kicked out of Indy in Week 8

strummerfan
04-30-2012, 04:55 PM
After listening to the interview all I can say is holy **** it's way past the time to fix the public education system. #7 is laughing and people get their panties in a wad over his comments

Steelersfan
04-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Ben and Haley will meet and discuss plays they both like and dont like. To early to panick about this crap.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

ChucktownSteeler
04-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Ben will be fine.

C-town

Real Deal Steel
04-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Ben,

Welcome to a real offense. I know it's a little late in your career to introduce you to one but better late then never. Now get in camp, work your butt off and learn the thing.

Farrior Fan
05-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Ben keeps on flipping through the playbook and wondering "where is the page where I get to scramble for 19 seconds then heave it 70 yards to #17?"

steelersbabex25
05-01-2012, 12:41 AM
"whoa whoa whoa, what are all these plays? I thought I signed up for 60 yard passes and bubble screens..."

Farrior Fan
05-01-2012, 12:47 AM
The first bubble screen I see will have me screaming for Haleys head on a stick.

coldrolled
05-01-2012, 06:08 AM
The first bubble screen I see will have me screaming for Haleys head on a stick.

Hold on, he may throw the screen play, but he may actually employ blockers with it...

Raleigh Steel
05-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Ben keeps on flipping through the playbook and wondering "where is the page where I get to scramble for 19 seconds then heave it 70 yards to #17?"

CLASSIC!!!!

funny thing about steeler fans, we are a very passionate bunch, but a lot of them overreact to every little thing. have you heard them rail against picking adams? he smoked some pot (which i do not condone) but they act like he helped orchestrate 9/11.

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 07:06 AM
funny thing about steeler fans, we are a very passionate bunch

True ... and if you have a football opionion contrary to popular opinion they rail on you and call you names ... :lol:

strummerfan
05-01-2012, 07:15 AM
True ... and if you have a football opionion contrary to popular opinion they rail on you and call you names ... :lol:

suddenness and glide
suddenness and glide

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 07:18 AM
suddenness and glide
suddenness and glide

Suddenness ... a wide base at impact ... and a glide off the tackle ...

Get it right strummerfan ... :lol:

strummerfan
05-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Suddenness ... a wide base at impact ... and a glide off the tackle ...

Get it right strummerfan ... :lol:

LMAO

At least I remembered. Still amazed at how you were crucified over that, after all he's done nothing but produce when called on.

Woodson_DownUnder
05-01-2012, 07:51 AM
CLASSIC!!!!

funny thing about steeler fans, we are a very passionate bunch, but a lot of them overreact to every little thing. have you heard them rail against picking adams? he smoked some pot (which i do not condone) but they act like he helped orchestrate 9/11.

:hilarious:

I agree.. well said. FWIW, Ben will appreciate staying healthy & being efficient.

JensK
05-01-2012, 07:53 AM
I think the world is coming to an end. Steelers football as we know it is no more.

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 08:32 AM
LMAO

At least I remembered. Still amazed at how you were crucified over that, after all he's done nothing but produce when called on.

It's great that you remembered ... that was three years ago at SteelersFever ... :lol:

And now that Redman will get a serious crack at it, the naysayers will tell us it's because the great O-line we now have ... or that Bruce is no longer the OC ...

But I have this hunch about Dwyer going on now ... Haley could potentially turn Dwyer's career around ...

Farrior Fan
05-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I think the world is coming to an end. Steelers football as we know it is no more.

Good! Well at least the part where we have no intelligent playcalling on offense.

coldrolled
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
... Haley could potentially turn Dwyer's career around ...

I am feeling a 90% chance of this happening. Dwyer and 100 yard games is on its way.

Real Deal Steel
05-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I am feeling a 90% chance of this happening. Dwyer and 100 yard games is on its way.

I've been beating this drum for over a year now about Dwyer. The FO must trust Dwyer and you can tell they do or they would have done something seriously about it in the draft. Dwyer first carry was a sixty yard run. The ability is there. Now he has to put in the off-season work to show everyone he's serious. I get that. But from every indication based on last season when he dropped the weight and got focused shows he's where we need him to be mentally.

Sometimes, it takes guys longer to get serious then others. I'm not saying it's right but I'm just saying that's they way it is. With Redman spelling him, and the O-line finally coming together, we will have a potent running game again.

Real Deal Steel
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
And with that running game clicking, can you imagine the play action pass opportunities???

I gotta calm down..don't want to give myself a heart attack thinking about it!! :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I would love to see the Steelers have a legitimate play action game. They haven't had that in years really. Sure there's a game here and there that they really run it effectively to setup play action but it's not consistent. If this line can pan out and these backs take advantage of their opportunities it could be fun to watch.

A healthy play action game means a healthier Quarterback.

Every team has those types of fans that just on every perceived negative action just to hear themselves talk. Ben has brought much of it on himself over the years but people just can't let it go..LOL

LatrobePA
05-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I'd just like to see Ben throw the ball away once in a while...

Real Deal Steel
05-02-2012, 12:21 AM
You've got a point Latrobe.

Raleigh Steel
05-02-2012, 05:21 AM
I'd just like to see Ben throw the ball away once in a while...

...or to an outlet, like the RB standing 5 yards away from him wide open...

roosterray
05-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Can't wait to hear Ben under pressure dumps the ball to Rainey to the 10, 5 Touchdown Steelers.....

steelspikes
05-02-2012, 12:14 PM

He keeps looking for the words "bubble screen" and "when in doubt, heave ball downfield to Wallace."

coldrolled
05-02-2012, 02:41 PM
What play book did we use the first quarter of the Super Bowl against the Cardinals...

If i remeber correctly it was a quarter of perfection and balance and it was beautiful....

Then BA came back from the mens room...

nuclearchihuahuas
05-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I just see a lot of plays going over the left side this year...at least half of them runs

HUNT4SEVEN
05-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Ben needs to STFU and open up the playbook, less talking and more studying Ben...

The Lakelander
05-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Sometimes, it takes guys longer to get serious then others. I'm not saying it's right but I'm just saying that's they way it is. With Redman spelling him, and the O-line finally coming together, we will have a potent running game again.

Sometimes kids are carried through the first few levels on raw talent ... raw physical giftedness ... or lesser competition ... then they get into the higher levels where the competition gap shrinks and they are suddenly marginalized ... for the first time they may need to grow a work ethic they may have never had to rely upon before ... or else they are ranked behind another player at the pro level where there are a mere 32 opportunities to be a starter (Dwyer and Redman both have suffered this fate) ...

Dwyer has size, straight speed, and a one cut mentality ... if he's used in the right way he could be a beast ...

DBR96A
05-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Ben needs to STFU and open up the playbook, less talking and more studying Ben...

No he doesn't. Other people need to shut the **** up until they have proper context of what he said.