PDA

View Full Version : Grade the Steelers Draft

Stlrs4Life
04-28-2012, 08:13 PM
What grade do you give to the Steelers on there 2012 Draft?

DBR96A
04-28-2012, 08:17 PM
What grade do you give to the Steelers on there 2012 Draft?

A+++ :banana:

JensK
04-28-2012, 08:18 PM
If this draft don't warrant an A grade, I don't know which will. I truly think we had one of the best drafts at all this year.

Sir Blitzelot
04-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Who gave an F? I'm guessing a Ravens fan, ha ha. I say A -, would have liked to have seen a corner taken earlier. But, no draft is perfect. Well done Steelers.

Farrior Fan
04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Please ignore the F vote, the only thing that I can guess is that a) troll b) someone left their laptop on the back deck and their 12 toed inbred neighbor snuck over saw the poll and thought F! I like Fudge! Yay Fudge! Me clickey F for Fudge! Go brownies cuz they same color as Fudge!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 08:35 PM
You really can't give it anything but an A. This was such an important draft and Colbert hit a home run on this one based on initial prognosis of these players. DeCastro, Adams, and Ta'amu alone would make it an A in my book.

Real Deal Steel
04-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Please ignore the F vote, the only thing that I can guess is that a) troll b) someone left their laptop on the back deck and their 12 toed inbred neighbor snuck over saw the poll and thought F! I like Fudge! Yay Fudge! Me clickey F for Fudge! Go brownies cuz they same color as Fudge!

Exactly. Great draft. I gave them a B. But it is a B+ with a chance to be an A if the linebacker we took pans out.

Love the Clemons selection in the 7th round. Another super fast widereceiver who is big.

Real Deal Steel
04-28-2012, 08:38 PM
You really can't give it anything but an A. This was such an important draft and Colbert hit a home run on this one based on initial prognosis of these players. DeCastro, Adams, and Ta'amu alone would make it an A in my book.

Blitz, your soooo right. Great draft. Just think: What if Ta'amu is a beast in camp???? I'm so stoked! I want that push right up the middle again!!!

dwim99
04-28-2012, 08:42 PM
A... that's all there is to it...

BlacknGoldHaze
04-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Best draft in years....better than we could have imagined!

Real Deal Steel
04-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Best draft in years....better than we could have imagined!

I concur.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-28-2012, 08:51 PM
To be honest this was a GREAT value draft we had...

strummerfan
04-28-2012, 08:54 PM
I couldn't be happier with the way the FO addressed needs without reaching or mortgaging the future.

coldrolled
04-28-2012, 08:56 PM
A Solid A.

We need a Kicker...

Real Deal Steel
04-28-2012, 09:03 PM
A Solid A.

We need a Kicker...

Well, the GM needed something to do after the draft. LOL

Reg3835
04-28-2012, 10:12 PM
This is the best draft that I can remember. Not only did Colbert get great players with his picks but they were all at positions we had a need. We had a lot of luck w/ players slipping but F.O. had the patience not to trade up and just let them fall to us.

Phenomenal TJ
04-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Without a doubt an A.

Steelers/PSU Fan
04-28-2012, 10:46 PM
A Solid A.

We need a Kicker...

Yes, I cringe when I see Suisham attempt anything over 40yds. He's not a bad kicker but I'd like an upgrade....not sure what other kickers are out there though. Hopefully this season with Todd Haley as our O. coordinator we won't have to worry about field goals too often :tt02:

gtadroptop
04-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying draft. I gave it an "A".

Root4Stlrs
04-29-2012, 01:43 AM
Definitely an A

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm also thinking there will be a kicker or two cut so we may be able to upgrade that way. I didn't know Neil Rackers was available until he signed with the Redskins.

Raleigh Steel
04-29-2012, 07:03 AM
i gave it the F...for F-ING FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

seriously...A grade all the way!!!!

first todd haley, then this draft....is it september yet?

ChucktownSteeler
04-29-2012, 07:30 AM
I gave an "A".

Very good job!

C-town

Nolrog
04-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Coming into the draft, I thought the needs were OL (especially guard), nose and ILB to a lesser extent.

We wound up with the top guard in the draft, and a guy who's one of the best G prospects in years (and maybe better than Faneca). Then we hit on first found talent in the 2nd round in Adams. He's a guy who I like more and more as I learn about him. He called the Steelers and asked to visit and the. Did everything they asked of him and we were rewarded with a great value in the 2nd. Then we got out prototypical nose in the 4th and a LB in the 3rd to boot. What's not to like.

Njsteelersnut
04-29-2012, 08:11 AM
I give it an A minus, only because of those 7th round picks......Dont know if any of them make the final roster......but I think a fcouple of the UDFA's will make the final cut.

coach
04-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Some of us actually layed awake at night dreaming of DD falling to us, but saying things like "of course, we know this will never happen." We ended up mocking guys like Zeitler to the Steelers in first and possibly another O-line prospect in the second (not Adams). This draft exceeded all expectations and did so at pretty risk free positions. Guard tackle and NT are more predictable than WR, RB and QB. And, it doesn't hurt when people add that your the best prospect coming out in years (or ever) or that you were projected go 1 or 2 rounds earlier. I am not predicting 4 hall-of-famers, but this is one hell of a collection of talent.

Rollers
04-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Not sure you can grade a draft before you see how they play out down the road. But based on pure evaluations and talent, initial reaction has to be A. Not going to get to giddy at this point. Lot of talk about Spence. I think this may be a pretty good pick here. This guy can run. He just may be fast enough to play some safety? I'm also going to be interested in seeing if Adams starts from day one. We get two starters out of this draft then that's a good draft.

ChucktownSteeler
04-29-2012, 09:28 AM
I got a feeling Spence just might be a pleasant surprise. We will see.

I think Golden and Maze may surprise as well as UDFAs. They both have potential.

C-town

Layin the wood
04-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Great draft!!! This proves why the Steelers FO is one of the best in the NFL! They drafted position players they needed and got just what they wanted!!! A+ in my book!

cbrunn
04-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Only pick i'm questioning is Spence ...I'm trying to watch tape and highlights to see it but i'm not a big fan of the pick...If anything seems like a good leader and will be a good Special Teams player ... i'm just not sure 3rd round is where you hope for a good ST player... i guess we'll see and I hope i'm wrong

And not to sure about the TE in the 7th , i think we already have enough of them, would of rather seen somebody else with that pick ... but oh well not a big deal, and could be a shocker

other then that, great draft A+ now definitely ... 3yrs we'll see ... i think we def. got 2 starters though on the Oline ... Ta'amu we'll see he'll definitely play but with teams trying to pass more maybe in 3 yrs a NT might not be a big deal ... and Spence and Clemmons could surprise

Real Deal Steel
04-29-2012, 10:17 AM
With them taking Spence in the 3rd round, I"m thinking that they have a definite, defined plan for him. So when camp starts, I'll be very intrerested to see how they are going to fit him in and where.

SteelJunkie
04-29-2012, 10:49 AM
This was a draft that needed to be very good, and I believe we finally accomplished that. Lets face it the first 2 picks was more than a need, it was a necessity. After years of neglecting the offensive line we might actually be able to field a serviceable unit this year.

Blazedby92
04-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I give it a A- or B+ not because they did bad but we got Value I believe at every pick but because this is the way a draft is supposed to go every year.

JollyRob68
04-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Awesome draft now here my question.
Shouldn't they have taken Ta'Amu in the 3rd and hope for Spence in 4th? Then in the 6st Brandon Washington LG Miami was there and Tom Compton OT/OG SDakota was on the board. Or stay put take Josh Chapman in 4th and get Brandon Washington in 6st.

cbrunn
04-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Shouldn't they have taken Ta'Amu in the 3rd and hope for Spence in 4th? Then in the 6st Brandon Washington LG Miami was there and Tom Compton OT/OG SDakota was on the board. Or stay put take Josh Chapman in 4th and get Brandon Washington in 6st.

I would rather have gotten Brandon Thompson in the 3rd ... and Spence or somebody it the 4th ... and so on ...

But still good draft

JensK
04-29-2012, 03:35 PM

Possibly, but I think you underestimate how much teams like Spence. If you go and look at some videos he is always around the ball, and always somehow involved in the tackle. The only reason he fell as far as he did is because of the fact that is far too small to play in the NFL as a MLB at this point. I don't think there is anyway he would have lasted until the fourth.

gtadroptop
04-29-2012, 04:29 PM
This was a draft that needed to be very good, and I believe we finally accomplished that. Lets face it the first 2 picks was more than a need, it was a necessity. After years of neglecting the offensive line we might actually be able to field a serviceable unit this year.

Nice avatar. :yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2012, 05:42 PM
Spence will prove his worth 2-3 years down the road when he sticking to Richardson and Rice out of the backfield....

connecticutsteel
04-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Some moron named Mel Kiper gave the Steelers and the Ravens the same draft grade . the fact that we got DeCastro beats there whole draft period

the second to last pick we sould have taken Minnefield now he's redskin

coldrolled
04-29-2012, 07:21 PM
far too small to play in the NFL as a MLB.

Too Short?

Not Heavy Enough?

He is the same weight and faster than Farrior.? He is a team leader like farrior?

He is 4 lbs lighter than Timmons and 2 inches shorter??

He is a ball hawk... I dont get the weakness in small?

Watching Miami football down here every sat.. he seems to be in every play... he is an animal.

Number99
04-29-2012, 07:24 PM
My initial thought on this draft was very good. The more and more I look at it the more and more I like it. I won't say it's great because that determination will come a few years down the road. We'll have to see how these young players develop and when/if they turn into the players we think they will be. I said in a post a few days ago that I felt there wasn't a good replacement for Hampton after Poe. Well I'll probable eat those words because Ta'amu could very well be that guy. But really up and down this draft most of the players have a good chance to contribute to this team. Now I can't wait for camp to start. I want to start erasing 2011 as quick as possible.

JollyRob68
04-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Spence will prove his worth 2-3 years down the road when he sticking to Richardson and Rice out of the backfield....

I agree with you about being able to stick with Richardson and Rice..... Just Sunday morning QB.lol Still love this Draft.

Plus we picked up a UDFA
Ryan Lee, Guard from Furman
63, 310, 40 reps on the bench, 5.0 in the 40

Just watched his highlights and he looks like a Steal. He pulls,gets to second level and is versatile.

MDSteel15
04-29-2012, 07:42 PM
I truly believe we could have 4 or 5 starters in this draft if they are as good as we think they are!

steelersbabex25
04-30-2012, 11:11 AM
Amazing draft. Thank god for not going BAP every round again.

tat2
04-30-2012, 11:39 AM
initially, i'll give it an A+. i absolutely love this draft but the real grade will not be known for three years

K Train
04-30-2012, 11:41 AM
i passionately give them an A+

JollyRob68
04-30-2012, 12:57 PM
I can't wait to hear the Blitzburghradio podcast.

apxpress33
04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
I this years draft was awesome,haven't seen them draft like this is longtime! LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlacknGoldHaze
05-01-2012, 11:08 PM
I give it an A just for getting DeCastro at #24......they coulda picked Dick Shiner in the second and it would still be a great draft!

RIVERS OF STEEL
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
I probably missed it. Did we improve the kicking department?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-03-2012, 11:43 AM
They took Grant Ressel from Missouri as a UDFA. He had a real solid career up until 2011 when things were a bit erratic in his kicking game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/377818/grant-ressel