PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 4th Round Pick 2012 - Alameda Ta'amu - DT, Washington

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 12:42 PM
The Steelers traded up in the 4th round in a great move to pick up a much needed NT and a great pick on day 3 of the draft, Alameda Ta'amu. A huge space eating NT at 6'3" 348 lbs, he can be the next Casey Hampton 34 type NT. His primary job is going to be stop the run, being a 2 down type of player.

Steelers Defensive Line coach John Mitchell on his newest player: He'll have to double-team blockers to keep them of the linebackers. "He did that very well at Washington."

Kevin Colbert gave the Redskins their 6th round pick in this draft in to swap spots with them and move up to the 109th overall selection to get Ta'amu. The Steelers still have their 5th round pick and their 7 rounders (including compensatory picks which aren't able to be traded.
I was screaming for this pick all along and we got our NT now! He will step right in and compete with McLendon for that starting job. Huge body, can fill a 2 gap spot just by walking on the field.

I've been screaming for this pick since yesterday, I'm stoked he fell this far and the steelers landed him.

Twitter: @MEDATAAMU74 (https://twitter.com/#!/MEDATAAMU74)

Ta'amu was a big-boned, powerful inside force for Washington who projects to play the nose tackle position in a 3-4 defense at the next level. He has the ability to hold up linemen and clog lanes to keep linebackers clean, which boosts his value. He has been so effective with the Huskies that there have been some arguably "less-talented" players at Washington who have been extremely productive because of his presence inside on the line.

Strengths

Ta'amu is a forceful player against the run who can quickly get off the ball and into a lineman's face. He can hold two blockers to create lanes for his linebackers. He is big-bodied and understands his role within the defense. He can engulf running backs by using his long, strong arms or by pushing the interior of an offensive line into the backfield.
Weaknesses

Ta'amu is a slow-mover who struggles to rush the passer and chase down ball carriers. He lacks pass-rush moves and doesn't use his feet or hands to get off blocks. He has little value in a 4-3 defense given his shortcomings.

NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/alameda-taamu?id=2532955)

LevonKirkland99
04-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Good pick?...the Deadskins rad too busy picking QBs

acero
04-28-2012, 12:45 PM
this awesome ......decastro, adams and ta amu !!! hell yeah !!!

Nolrog
04-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Great move. This is the guy I liked in round 3. Getting him in round 4 is awesome. That LB we got in the 3rd round is gravy on the cake now!

jackhammer1
04-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Looks like we got Big Snack #2! Love it!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Perfect fit for the Steelers hear, absolute money in the 4th round. Exactly the type of 34 NT you want. He'll occupy a double team just by walking up to the line.

steelspikes
04-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Amazed we got this guy who I had pegged for us to take in Rd.2! Love the trade up to nab him in Rd. 4.

connecticutsteel
04-28-2012, 12:58 PM
That dude blocks out the sun can u here Heinz field cheer when he makes a play AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

strummerfan
04-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Awesome move! Now bring on Streeter in 5th and I'm a happy camper.

DIESELMAN
04-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Sweet pick!! I am sooo loving our draft so far. Just so everyone knows, we gave up our 6th rd pick to snag Ta'Amu. :yellowthumb:

KemoTherapy
04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
If he can learn to play with a little bit better pad level and get a little fitter he'll be an excellent middle clogger-upper. I'm loving this draft so far(3rd round not withstanding).

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 01:06 PM
John Mitchell on his newest player: He'll have to double-team blockers to keep them of the linebackers. "He did that very well at Washington."

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Great value here and really don't care the Steelers gave up a 6th to get him........I rather had Chapman but very happy with Ta'amu in the 4th round......

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 01:12 PM
How can you not love him already...LOL - (per scott brown via twitter) Ta'amu is a Washington native but..."I was rooting for the Steelers when the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl."

steelspikes
04-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Sweet pick!! I am sooo loving our draft so far. Just so everyone knows, we gave up our 6th rd pick to snag Ta'Amu. :yellowthumb: Agree 100%. We still have a 5th Rd. pick and then 4 picks in Rd. 7. This has the potential to be a major re-build draft for the Steelers (who are aging in spots).

steelspikes
04-28-2012, 01:19 PM
If he can learn to play with a little bit better pad level and get a little fitter he'll be an excellent middle clogger-upper. I'm loving this draft so far(3rd round not withstanding). Spence will be insane on special teams; he makes up for under-size with incredible heart.

mos07
04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Love it.

JollyRob68
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Simply Outstanding Draft!!
I think Keith Tandy CB WV.
WR's Tommy Streeter,Greg Childs,Toney Clemons.
LB Jerrell Harris but you could get him in the 7th.
OG Brandon Washington if still on the Board

mos07
04-28-2012, 01:24 PM
How can you not love him already...LOL - (per scott brown via twitter) Ta'amu is a Washington native but..."I was rooting for the Steelers when the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl."

:yellowthumb: :cope::cope: :cope:

ChucktownSteeler
04-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Perfect move and selection. This is shaping up to be a great draft!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUxVOEGGz0s)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWOOA2V1k1k

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUxVOEGGz0s

ChucktownSteeler
04-28-2012, 01:41 PM

Excellant!

Watching those clips he is a big boy! All he has to do is tie up blockers and let our linebackers run free. He will fill the bill.

We haven't had an apostrophed player since Chris Fumata Mu'fala!

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 02:11 PM
He's a man of few words, you can tell by listening to his conference call. He's humble though and has a good sense of humor. I can't wait to see him battle it out against McLendon in training camp.

ChucktownSteeler
04-28-2012, 02:15 PM
He's a man of few words, you can tell by listening to his conference call. He's humble though and has a good sense of humor. I can't wait to see him battle it out against McLendon in training camp.

I have a feeling he will by-pass McClendon on the depth chart very fast!

C-town

Deviouz1
man, he is quite a load isnt he?

SteelCityKid5
If you have a twitter and want to get pissed of easily... follow this turd and let him know your thoughts (@ChrisMorelli) Hes saying the Steelers "dark days" continue in this draft. He scoffed the Adams pick and ridiculed the Stees for picking DeCastro over Hightower. I gave him my two sense when he said that Tomlin and Colbert arent that great at drafting. I had to stop because he is easily defined as being "slow". He was the only person who really got under my skin with Steelers talk over the past couple of years.

ChucktownSteeler
04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
If you have a twitter and want to get pissed of easily... follow this turd and let him know your thoughts (@ChrisMorelli) Hes saying the Steelers "dark days" continue in this draft. He scoffed the Adams pick and ridiculed the Stees for picking DeCastro over Hightower. I gave him my two sense when he said that Tomlin and Colbert arent that great at drafting. I had to stop because he is easily defined as being "slow". He was the only person who really got under my skin with Steelers talk over the past couple of years.

Wow, in my opinion this is a great, great draft so far. I don't care what the last picks hold. We have solidified both lines for the next 10 years. I don't "Twitter" so I can't help!

C-town

cuatro_tres43
04-28-2012, 02:49 PM
man, he is quite a load isnt he?

that's what she said

The Lakelander
04-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm a wait-and-see kind of guy ... DeCastro is a blue-chipper ... Adams has the look of a solid OT (footwork is great for such a large man) ... Ta'amu ... ??? ... I'm a Steelers fan so I'm on his bandwagon ... but I've grown weary of having a 3-4 defense whereby one fat-tard NT stands put in the middle of the field and everybody else runs around him ... I miss the days of Mean Joe and Bananas ripping apart Centers and Guards en route to ripping off a QB's helmet ...

JoeSteelerFan
04-28-2012, 02:55 PM
this awesome ......decastro, adams and ta amu !!! hell yeah !!!

The beauty of this is that the 3 mentioned had no business being on the board where we picked them.

Total "Value" draft .... Love it!

tburg68
04-28-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm a wait-and-see kind of guy ... DeCastro is a blue-chipper ... Adams has the look of a solid OT (footwork is great for such a large man) ... Ta'amu ... ??? ... I'm a Steelers fan so I'm on his bandwagon ... but I've grown weary of having a 3-4 defense whereby one fat-tard NT stands put in the middle of the field and everybody else runs around him ... I miss the days of Mean Joe and Bananas ripping apart Centers and Guards en route to ripping off a QB's helmet ...

You do know the Steelers have a 3-4 Defense right?

Njsteelersnut
04-28-2012, 03:01 PM
This has been a very productive draft, filling much needed positions with quality players. Gotta love it

The Lakelander
04-28-2012, 03:18 PM
You do know the Steelers have a 3-4 Defense right?

No way ... :scratch: ... you've got to be kidding me ... right?

Now we have a committment to a fat-tard 340 lb. burger eater who will never be 2 ounces lighter than his weight today ever again ... and he'll never reach the QB EVER at the NFL level ...

But I love LeBeau's 3-4 defense ... utter sacrilege if I say otherwise ...

Layin the wood
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Great pick!!! Let him play in certain situations this year and he could start at NT in the future!

Nolrog
04-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I have a feeling he will by-pass McClendon on the depth chart very fast!

C-town

I have a feeling that all 3 of our linemen will quickly find themselves at the top of the depth chart at their position.

Nolrog
04-28-2012, 03:33 PM
I miss the days of Mean Joe and Bananas ripping apart Centers and Guards en route to ripping off a QB's helmet ...

Back in those days, the Steelers played a 4-3. In that defense, the defenisve line is tasked with making plays. We play a 3-4, where the defensive line is designed to take up blockers and freeing up the line backers to make the plays. There's a big difference because of the defensive scheme.

gtadroptop
04-28-2012, 03:39 PM

Now we have a committment to a fat-tard 340 lb. burger eater who will never be 2 ounces lighter than his weight today ever again ... and he'll never reach the QB EVER at the NFL level ...

That's fine. Let him clog the middle and occupy blockers. The LB's will take care of the quarterbacks.

JensK
04-28-2012, 03:42 PM

Same was said about Cody last year and he managed. Most pro teams who knows what they are doing can manage players weight pretty fine with nutrition plans and whatnot.

coldrolled
04-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Ta'amu on Decastro

What do you remember about the game against Stanford and DeCastro?
When you go against DeCastro, you feel his presence. There are not a lot of guards that can block a nose-guard and you can feel it. With DeCastro, he’s explosive from play one, all the way to the last play. He comes at you, and there are not a lot of guards that stay the same like that throughout the whole game.

K Train
04-28-2012, 06:04 PM
this is an amazing pick in the fourth, i didnt think he would make it to us in the second. hes got rare aglity for a big man.

one sexy *** draft from top to bottom

JollyRob68
04-28-2012, 06:12 PM
LOVE THE TA' AMU PICK, We could of gotten Josh Chapman and kept our 6st and gotten Brandon Washington or Tom Compton (who Washington took). BUt I'm beyond Happy with our draft. Simply Outstanding.

Real Deal Steel
04-28-2012, 06:15 PM
I've very excited about this pick. I'm as excited about this as I was about Decastro. I see Ta'Amu getting a lot of snaps this coming season. I'm not quite sold on the LB in the 3rd but this is a great, great pick.

JensK
04-28-2012, 06:18 PM
He is probably the best pure NT in the draft to be honest. He is a 2 down player at this point imo, but he can anchor like noone else. There is no way in hell he can play 5 technique though. Thats fine though cause we have Hood who is a pretty damn good 3rd down NT.

TarlsQtr
04-28-2012, 06:52 PM

A "fat-tard 340 lb. burger" is exactly what you want in the middle of a 3-4. DLs (especially NTs) are not supposed to get many tackles. If he clogs the middle and wraps up two interior linemen to free up our ILBs, he does his job. He should be very competent at that task when Big Snack retires.

BlacknGoldHaze
04-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Lake, I don't think they are getting your subtle sarcasm.....:lol:

Steelersfan
04-28-2012, 09:31 PM

You may want Lake to be a little more clear on his posts then. He mentioned the "fat tard" in his first post on the topic and then added it once again in "sarcasm" form.

Layin the wood
04-29-2012, 09:57 AM
Great pick! An anchor on the DL for years to come!!!

tburg68
04-29-2012, 03:54 PM

Sarcasm is when someone is sarcastic, not stupid. You may prefer a 4-3 defense over a 3-4, that's fine, but to not like a pick because he wouldn't work out in a defense the team DOESN'T play, is stupid.

Phenomenal TJ
04-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Talk about collapsing the pocket.

Farrior Fan
05-01-2012, 01:22 AM
I just hope he doesn't collapse too many all u can eat buffets while in Pittsburgh.

I am optimistic about this kid but he HAS to put in the work to be good. Also the story about him questioning his life goals after playing against DeCastro makes me wonder how good he will be when he plays against elite talent every week.

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 06:46 AM
04/05/2012 - 04/05/12 NFL DRAFT SCOUT FALLER: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington: Players with wide, well-built 348-pound frames are rare, especially ones who can move as effortlessly as Alameda Ta'amu. However, many have strong doubts about his ability to anchor and play as strong as he looks at the next level. He is an intriuging athlete with the foot agility that cannot be taught and good weight-room strength (35 reps of 225 pounds), but those traits don't necessarily show on the football field. Ta'amu struggles to hold his ground at the point of attack and doesn't have the base strength his size would suggest, keeping him from manning a nose tackle spot for most teams. It's almost as if he's a pass rushing three-technique stuck in a zero-technique's body, struggling to make much of an impact. Regardless, he has a lot of the tools that cannot be taught and still projects as a top-100 draft choice, but it would be a surprise if he goes in the first round like many are predicting. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

What? ... I'm not allowed to have an opinion contrary to all the draft-day masterbaters around here? ... tburgh68 ought to STFU about calling me out as "stupid" ...

I'm calling Ta'amu a fat-tard because that's what he is ... he's a 3-technique stuck in a zero-technique's body ... in other words, we have another down lineman in our front 7 who will never whiff at an NFL QB ...

My comment about missing the days of the 4-3 defense was about this ... all 4 of those down linemen could pressure and sack a QB ... and therefore our LB's could freelance to read the play and make tackles ... remember Jack Ham? ... remember Andy Russell? ... their job wasn't to sack the QB ... now we have 270 lb Woodley ( a chronic hamstring puller) whose only task is to pressure the QB ... and a fat-tard NT ... and a 6'5" stiff LDE who gets dominated by good RT's ...

I'm tired of Dick LeBeau's defense ... and I call a spade a spade ... our defense doesn't get off the field very often ... and NFL offenses are getting the better of our defense more and more ...

LeBeau's defense was better when the LOLB (Kevin Greene) was able to push his opposing RT into the QB's facemask ... and the ROLB Greg Lloyd could jiu jitsu the opposing LT into missing his block ... now we have one dimensional Woodley on one side and the ever-held, corraled, and otherwise illegally (yet league-sanctioned) overpowered James Harrison on the other side ...

LeBeau's defense was better with a stronger, more athletic, more muscle laden Joel Steed lining up at NT ... Steed had more tackles and more sacks ... I was hoping the Steelers would draft a more Steed-like NT rather than another fat-tard!

But pardon me for having an opinion ... please don't tell me this fansite is filled with zombie-thinkers like all the other Steelers fansites are ... what a shame!

connecticutsteel
05-01-2012, 06:53 AM
He's alot of gorgonzola

Dick Lebeau's defense produces that's the bottom line and yes i remember all the players mentioned above but they are gone now so while it is nice to remember the past i chose not to live there

PS LAKELANDER WHY WOULD YOU CALL ME A MASTERBATER OR ANY NAME YOU DON'T KNOW ME SO YOUR NO DIFFERENT WITH YOUR LABELING AND NAMECALLING ABOUT PEOPLE WITH A DIFFERENT OPINION

btw NICE LIFT ON YOUR ANALYISIS 3TECH IN A0TECH BODY THAT WAS ORIGINAL

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 07:10 AM
We're all obligated to live in the present ... I was feeling great about the last Steelers game played ... how about you?

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
PS LAKELANDER WHY WOULD YOU CALL ME A MASTERBATER

I didn't ... I simply created a category ... if you are including yourself in it then that's your issue ...

I would hope that you're not one of them though ... how humiliating to be in that group ...

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 07:30 AM
connecticutsteel ... I'm like the 3rd line winger who goes to the penalty box for throwing an elbow after the referee misses the blatant slash across my wrists ... I've been on this site for 2 weeks and I've voiced very few strong opinions so far ... but already I've been called "stupid" ...

So I'll gladly go to the box for throwing my elbow in response ...

JensK
05-01-2012, 07:48 AM
What? ... I'm not allowed to have an opinion contrary to all the draft-day masterbaters around here? ... tburgh68 ought to STFU about calling me out as "stupid" ...

I'm calling Ta'amu a fat-tard because that's what he is ... he's a 3-technique stuck in a zero-technique's body ... in other words, we have another down lineman in our front 7 who will never whiff at an NFL QB ...

My comment about missing the days of the 4-3 defense was about this ... all 4 of those down linemen could pressure and sack a QB ... and therefore our LB's could freelance to read the play and make tackles ... remember Jack Ham? ... remember Andy Russell? ... their job wasn't to sack the QB ... now we have 270 lb Woodley ( a chronic hamstring puller) whose only task is to pressure the QB ... and a fat-tard NT ... and a 6'5" stiff LDE who gets dominated by good RT's ...

I'm tired of Dick LeBeau's defense ... and I call a spade a spade ... our defense doesn't get off the field very often ... and NFL offenses are getting the better of our defense more and more ...

LeBeau's defense was better when the LOLB (Kevin Greene) was able to push his opposing RT into the QB's facemask ... and the ROLB Greg Lloyd could jiu jitsu the opposing LT into missing his block ... now we have one dimensional Woodley on one side and the ever-held, corraled, and otherwise illegally (yet league-sanctioned) overpowered James Harrison on the other side ...

LeBeau's defense was better with a stronger, more athletic, more muscle laden Joel Steed lining up at NT ... Steed had more tackles and more sacks ... I was hoping the Steelers would draft a more Steed-like NT rather than another fat-tard!

But pardon me for having an opinion ... please don't tell me this fansite is filled with zombie-thinkers like all the other Steelers fansites are ... what a shame!

So, let me get this straight. First of all you call out Ta'Amu for being fat and not being able to rush the QB? You can have your own opinion that the matter alright, but the fact remains that it is exactly what he was drafted to do, just like Hampton is doing now. You don't exactly see Hampton collection a whole lot of sacks either. That is not his job.

Woodley is one-dimensional, but he is so good at being one-dimensional that he, when healthy, sacks the QB enough times to find himself in the top 10 department year in and year out. Same goes with Harrison for that matter. Also, Woodley and Harrison does not rush the QB nearly as much as you make it out to be. They have dropped back into coverage maybe a little too much the last couple of years.

I was not happy with how the defense played last year, but they got off the field, and all statistics says so as well. You don't become the best ranked defense with fewest points allowed against you by not getting off the field. And that was with a very injury plagued front seven.

As for the 3-4 defense, you can say what you want about it, but without looking it up I'm fairly sure that all teams who had been #1 defense in the league have been 3-4 dating back to at least 05. Sure, a 4-3 can be effective but the 3-4 have had more success over the last 10 years. (This is disregarding whoever won the Superbowl. I cannot be arsed to look at it that closely).

I'm not a bandwagon fan at all (go ahead and check my previous posts...), but I honestly don't agree with most of what you wrote there. It just make you sound like one of those bitter Steelers fans who liked the game more when the players could take steroids and destroy the QB even if he never touched the ball. Not that I'm a fan at all in regards to the new QB-protection rules, but thats another matter anyway.

JensK
05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
On another note, Ta'Amu have been put on a diet by the Steelers if I understood the coaches right. I'm gueesing they would like to have him around 320 or something like that and probably add a little more muscle compared to fat, which he'll have ample opportunity to do with the OTAs and TC. He honestly reminds me of Terrance Cody in how he came out, although Cody had bigger concerns with his weight and Ta'Amu probably is a more talented prospect (imo).

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 08:23 AM
JensK ... I'm far from a bitter Steelers fan ... sorry to say it but LeBeau's 3-4 defense had better, more dominating moments in the NFL in its past...

Our fans support it because of its legend ... and because statistically it ranks high each year ...

It still has its shining moments ... but more an more NFL teams are exploiting it too ...

Steelers fans have this penchant for wanting to find the next ____________ (fill in any name here) ...

Remember the LenDale White talk after Bettis retired? ... LMAO!

Who's going to be the next Troy? ... I'm curious to know ...

Ta'amu is the next Hampton? ... Hampton was a certifiable 1st Rounder ... Ta'amu fell to the 4th ... why? ... Why fall so far, in a league where dominant 3-4 NT's are a jewel to find for any team playing the scheme?

I'm not sold on the guy frankly ...

Number99
05-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Lakelander I understand what your saying but, if you remember back to the early early pre draft mocks that were put out by many Ta'amu was touted as a 1st or 2nd rounder. He was ranked higher then what Poe was. In fact I don't even remember Poe and about 6-7 other players even sniffing some early mocks. So you can have your reservations about Ta'amu. If anyone thinks the coaching staff doesn't have questions about most every draft picks after DeCastro is not practical. But Ta'amu can fill a need for the Steelers. That is a hole clogger at the point of the attack in the base 3-4. I know you call him fat but have you seen Hampton the last 5-6 years? And no I'm not comparing the two in the sense of talent. Hampton was a beast for the majority of his career and very strong, but Ta'amu is not slouch in that dept either. He had 34 reps during the combine which was not the top but close to it.

With Mitchell and the rest of the Def coaches and nutritonists Ta'amu should get better in many phases of his life and his game. Do you remember Joel Steed, Hampton's predecesser? He wasn't quite as big but was a big fat guy too. He wasn't overly fast but was strong and could clog the middle. Thats all you can hope for out of Ta'amu to develop into that and play it for 5-8 years. And if he does the Steelers have/will find tremendous value in that pick.

The Lakelander
05-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Ta'amu is a far better value in the 4th round than he would have been in previous rounds ... and yes he might develop into a decent NT in our 3-4 scheme ... that's all there is to hope for out of it ...

I was one of the ones hopeful that the Tomlin era would ring in a new defensive philosophy ... every great defense has its time ... LeBeau's is very tired for me ... I have to root for it because it's the team I love ... but I love what the NY Giants have done up front on their defense ... and aside from the Steelers lately, it's the NY Giants winning Super Bowls ...

We have Ziggy, Heyward, Keisel, and Ta'amu to open the season ... with fat Hamp hopefully healing enough to get some snaps later in the season ... last year this group failed to get pressure on the QB ... I can only wish and hope that Heyward shows up large this season!

K Train
05-01-2012, 09:33 AM
I just hope he doesn't collapse too many all u can eat buffets while in Pittsburgh.

I am optimistic about this kid but he HAS to put in the work to be good. Also the story about him questioning his life goals after playing against DeCastro makes me wonder how good he will be when he plays against elite talent every week.
elite talent every week? that never happens, have you seen the rosters in the NFL? dont confuse pro with elite

Just cause hes a big dude doesnt mean hes a fat slob.......casey hampton was never in great shape, terrence cody is way more fat than he is athletic, at least taamu has agility and closing speed...his lateral movement is going to make him a special player

Phenomenal TJ
05-01-2012, 11:38 PM
elite talent every week? that never happens, have you seen the rosters in the NFL? dont confuse pro with elite

Just cause hes a big dude doesnt mean hes a fat slob.......casey hampton was never in great shape, terrence cody is way more fat than he is athletic, at least taamu has agility and closing speed...his lateral movement is going to make him a special player

I've got to agree, especially at the center and guard position, the elite are few and far between in the NFL at the moment.

Dean Denton
05-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Living in Seattle I have been a Husky fan since I was little, and I watch all the games. i love this pick and I hope our new line up is Hood, Ta'amu and Heyward. I know its the future, but I hope it comes soon. Great job in the front office this year in the draft. I hope this team stays healthy in the trenches because they have depth.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm tired of LeBeau at times myself but I still like the 3-4 overall.....Defenses are being exploited due to NFL rules changes favoring passing offenses......Injuries killed Harrison and Woodley last year........Plus that was the first year that Woodley really suffered from any kind of injury......As for Joel Steed who I did like very much as a player but he only had 9.5 sacks in 8 years....Not much of a sack machine there......lol As for Casey Hampton being a certifiable first rounder which is false....Many thought that Hampton was a 2nd round pick prior to the 2001 NFL draft and thought his teammate at Texas Shaun Rogers had the higher upside and really should have been the player the Steelers drafted in the first round.......

I like Ta'amu and for a man his size he has a non stop motor which isn't normal for a man his size.....He will never be a great at getting to the QB but I do think he will be effective.....

Mike Tomlin
05-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Wait until we get this guy in our weight room and around the guys in this locker room. He's going to be our Ngata. Oh and not because he looks like him lol.