PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2nd/3rd year defensive players need to step up large!

The Lakelander
04-27-2012, 11:46 PM
LB Stephenson Sylvester
DE Cam Heyward
CB Cortez Allen
DB Curtis Brown
LB Chris Carter

These guys need to begin to be able to play big when they get onto the field ...

Our defensive depth is otherwise real weak unless these guys step into their place as meeting "the standard" ...

Heyward is a #1 pick and needs to step in this year and play like one!

BlacknGoldHaze
04-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Agreed Lake. I look for Heyward and Allen to make big strides this year. I'm not sold on Sylvester being able to contribute much more than on special teams.

steelchamp204
04-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Im going with Heyward and Carter. I am really pulling for Sly cause he was a phenom in the ST department.

Njsteelersnut
04-28-2012, 09:18 AM
It would be huge if those DB's stepped up big time this year

ChucktownSteeler
04-28-2012, 09:28 AM
These guys are ready for prime time.

Book it.

C-town

coldrolled
04-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Agreed Lake. I look for Heyward and Allen to make big strides this year. I'm not sold on Sylvester being able to contribute much more than on special teams.

Because you watched him play ILB when?

The Lakelander
04-28-2012, 10:07 AM
I think Sylvester still has a chance to blossom ... I like our depth if he does ...

BlacknGoldHaze
04-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Because you watched him play ILB when?

Let's see if he can beat out Foote....I hope he does!

Farrior Fan
04-28-2012, 11:33 AM
watch Slys college film. He has a nose for the ball that rivals anyone. I really hope he's ready because he will get significant PT this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Carnell Lake has the whole offseason to work with Brown and Allen this year, I look for both of them to have a solid year and a good training camp to start with.

Heyward will get significant snaps in the regular defensive rotation. He's strong as an ox and has the raw talent to be great.

KemoTherapy
04-28-2012, 11:48 AM
I like the direction of this thread. Sylvester needs to prove he is a predator and not a "puddy tat", Worilds is looking like an epic bust and Dwyer needs to get his head out of his sphincter and come into camp in shape and motivated. The starting rb job is there for the taking. Heyward and Brown need some playing time to see what they're made of.

nick5574
04-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Didn't sylvester get playing time against the patriots last year?

ChucktownSteeler
04-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Plus these guys were short-changed a bit last year due to the work stoppage.

We are in fine, fine shape.

Is a kicker that can reach the endzone and beyond on kick-offs now to much to ask?

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
I would love to see a kicker drafted in the 7th round. I was talking about it on the Trib Live Radio show this afternoon. It's time to stop messing around with place kickers.

All those players had to learn on the job so this is a huge plus for them to work for the entire offseason with the coaches, I think we'll see them step up big. It's important that they do so, with older players leaving these young guys need to shine.

coldrolled
04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
I would love to see a kicker drafted in the 7th round.

The kickers haver been going in the 6th... Carson Wiggs is still out there.

connecticutsteel
04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
I think Cam played well last year considering the circumstances i'm not worried at all .Because we have awesome depth everywhere

xBlitzBurghx
04-28-2012, 10:01 PM
I like Curtis Brown. He seems aggressive, but I would rather have our players be aggressive than complete pu**ies

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk