PDA

View Full Version : Blue Collar Approch

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Im pretty sure it means good for the steelers but can someone explain what it means...

from a point of view

AZ_Steeler
01-25-2007, 06:21 PM
plain and simple...blue collar means getting dirty on the job, using your hands, breaking your back! As opposed to white collar which is "don't get me dirty", sitting at a desk complaining about a paper cut!

58Lambert
01-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Blue collar - manual labor, uses physical strength. :helmet: (Steelers, Raiders...)
White collar - office job, uses brain power. :girlfight: (Cowboys, Niners...)

Hburg
01-25-2007, 06:33 PM
It means Tomlin is not going to try to make the Steelers something they are not, namely a finesse team like the Colts. Instead he is going to stick with the identity of the Steelers and the city of Pittsburgh which is blue collar work ethic, a basic and hard working methodolgy that in football translates to a smashmouth, physical defense (Steel Curtain baby!) and a pounding running game so that the team can have the main control of ball and the clock on both sides of the ball.

BuFu

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 06:54 PM
OK i knew it wasent going to be pansy football but i just wasent sure on what it ment intill now

DIESELMAN
01-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Heres what Tomlin says:

"I'm a fundamentalist as opposed to scheme," Tomlin said. "I think football is a tough man's game, an attrition game. You win by stopping the run and being able to run the ball effectively. And by doing the things winners do."

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Yep AZ pretty has it. Blue collar is a state of mind. You bust your *** 110% every day no matter whether you're in practice or in a game. You work hard, study hard, play hard, and good things will happen. The NFL has evolved in many respects over the years but one thing remains true to form; you can impose your will on your opponent if you are tougher and want it more than they do, no matter how good they are or think they are or no matter how high the odds are stacked against you.

BlackGold4vr
01-25-2007, 08:23 PM
When you call a team bluecollar.........to me that means the team plays basic smashmouth in your face football! Nothing fancy, no trickery, no gimmicks, we're coming right at you with a physical style of play and we dare you to try to stop us. That style of football generally means you run between the tackles with an attacking style of football. That style of football is very tough on opposing defenses and usually wears them down and beats them into submission. These are the current teams that I consider bluecollar. Steelers, Ravens, Jaguars, Bears. These teams love to run the ball down your throat and by the 4th quarter break it off in your a@#! 2 years ago the Steelers had a lot of these games in their 15 - 1 season! We were gonna run the ball. Our opponents knew it and we dared them to stop us! This past year we couldn't run the ball on the road against anybody. I still haven't figured that one out but we need to fix that ASAP! Hence the need to draft an O-lineman in the first or second round.

BlitzburghNation
01-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Hence the need to draft an O-lineman in the first or second round.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:
Myself personally,,,,I like manny ramirez :towelwave: :tt02: :yesnod: