PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Anderson a Steeler???

Stairwayto7
01-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Just saw on ESPN that Kenny Anderson is our new QB coach???

Stairwayto7
01-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Ex-Bengal likely to coach Steelers' QBs
Thursday, January 25, 2007

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

MOBILE, Ala. -- Ben Roethlisberger will have a new quarterbacks coach next season. And it's a former player from one of the Steelers' top rivals.

Ken Anderson, a former Cincinnati Bengals quarterback who was a four-time NFL passing champion, is expected to be named as the Steelers' quarterbacks coach in the next couple days, replacing Mark Whipple. The move will not be announced until new coach Mike Tomlin finalizes his entire coaching staff.

Whipple and secondary coach Darren Perry appear to be the only remaining members of Bill Cowher's staff who will not be retained by Tomlin. Perry, a former Steelers safety who has been an assistant coach with them since 2003, resigned yesterday.

Anderson, 57, played a career-best 16 seasons in Cincinnati and is the Bengals' all-time leading passer. He also spent 10 seasons with the Bengals as quarterbacks coach or offensive coordinator.

Yesterday, at an afternoon practice session at the Senior Bowl, Anderson sat with director of football operations Kevin Colbert and reminisced about past games he played against the Steelers.

"Why do you think I'm sitting over here and not over there with Joe Greene?" said Anderson, referring to the Hall of Fame defensive tackle who was with other members of the scouting department.

LatrobePA
01-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Yep...MONEY!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Ken Anderson wonderful freaking hire. :wtf:

Stairwayto7
01-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Ken Anderson wonderful freaking hire. :wtf:

I hear yuh! ???????

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-25-2007, 04:32 PM
What is next? Ickey Woods, or James brooks as our RB coach?

58Lambert
01-25-2007, 04:49 PM
:cursin: :willybs: :angrysoapbox: :anon: :eek: :mad: :banging: :scratch: :brucelee: :chair: :doh1: :postal: :thumbdown1: :crazy: :buttkick: :smh2:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
oooo, koopa is gonna be mad that you reposted something that he did :lol:

Ken Anderson, yuck !! my God I'd rather have keep Whipple in a heartbeat !

Koopa
01-25-2007, 04:58 PM
i don't know nothing about the dude, i just think y'all are upset cause y'all see that he's an ex bengal, give the dude a chance to work with actual talent before y'all throw him over the bridge

Steelerlyn
01-25-2007, 04:58 PM
:cursin: :willybs: :angrysoapbox: :anon: :eek: :mad: :banging: :scratch: :brucelee: :chair: :doh1: :postal: :thumbdown1: :crazy: :buttkick: :smh2:

Why do you say Anderson is a bad idea? He was a hell of a QB and I assume
he has a lot to teach and share with our young laddie.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 04:59 PM
i don't know nothing about the dude, i just think y'all are upset cause y'all see that he's an ex bengal, give the dude a chance to work with actual talent before y'all throw him over the bridge

We throw him over the bridge because he had some good talent in Jax with Leftwhich who's done nothing but underachieve and be inconsistent.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah because leftwhich has great wr's right??? leftwhich does good, but he's so slow lol.....and his wr's suck, they don't help him at all..........give this guy a chance to work with a qb that has a hall of famer and a up and coming wr in holmes, and good role players in heath (how should be a star for us) and washington

58Lambert
01-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Why do you say Anderson is a bad idea? He was a hell of a QB and I assume
he has a lot to teach and share with our young laddie.:bigthumb:

As a QBs coach at JAC, he didn't do much to help Brunell, Leftwich and Gerrard. They were pretty much middle-of-the-pack QBs at best in terms of passer ratings. The major reason is he is a former Bunghole (that should be reason enough)!! :smashbengals:

SteelerNation
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no:blah:

58Lambert
01-25-2007, 06:02 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no:blah:

Then, why don't you tell me why he would NOT be a bad QB coach?!?! As already stated, he had 3 QBs that didn't perform well... what, "4th time's a charm"?!?! We don't need anymore Kordell Stewart stats!! Gimme a break!! :crazy:

Hburg
01-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Ever see how Anderson played in the Super Bowl? Do we want that kind of coach coaching Ben. Anderson collapsed in the big game......if I want a good QB coach bring me Drew Brees coach.

BuFu

58Lambert
01-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Even though he never won the big game, I admit he was a good QB. But, he was also a below average coach. Some people say ‘give him a chance’… hell, he’s already had 3 chances. That’s like giving the Buffalo Bills a 5th chance to win a damn Super Bowl.
Hey Tomlin – great move on keeping LeBeau, but bad move on hiring Anderson!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Here is Anderson stats from his Super Bowl game.

25/34 300 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Plus he a TD run.

It wasn't a terrible game at all. Yea he threw 2 picks and didn't win the game. But far from a terrible performance.

As for being the QB's coach for Ben. Just as long Ken can work with Ben and his mechanics then I see no problem. Oh one other thing tell Ben to stop throwing into double coverage at times.lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 07:45 PM
yeah because leftwhich has great wr's right??? leftwhich does good, but he's so slow lol.....and his wr's suck, they don't help him at all..........give this guy a chance to work with a qb that has a hall of famer and a up and coming wr in holmes, and good role players in heath (how should be a star for us) and washington

Personally I'd rather but the fate of my young superstar QB in the hands of coach who has a proven track record of success in coaching somewhere. Anderson was a good QB back in the day, but as a coach he's done squat.

If he works out for us, that's great and I'll cheer for him but my initial reaction stems from the fact that Tomlin said in his press conference " we want good men who happen to be good coaches" Im sure Ken is a good man but I can't say he's a good coach. IMO

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I am going to give Ken the benefit of the doubt til after this coming season. I hope Ben runs of the pocket more and take risks for first downs and such. He was gifted in that ability to run like hell and dive for the first. I also am so damn impress with him able to throw on the run and get the vision of the field while running, not too many QB can do that.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Ken can take his *** back to jacksonville

DIESELMAN
01-25-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't think it matters who the QB coach is, its all on Big Ben. You either got the work ethic or you don't. It's all about want-to. If he's not motivated to get better after throwing 23 interceptions then, well, I don't know what to think.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Here is Anderson stats from his Super Bowl game.

25/34 300 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's. Plus he a TD run.

It wasn't a terrible game at all. Yea he threw 2 picks and didn't win the game. But far from a terrible performance.

As for being the QB's coach for Ben. Just as long Ken can work with Ben and his mechanics then I see no problem. Oh one other thing tell Ben to stop throwing into double coverage at times.lol

he punked ben in the superbowl with those stats lol

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Personally I'd rather but the fate of my young superstar QB in the hands of coach who has a proven track record of success in coaching somewhere. Anderson was a good QB back in the day, but as a coach he's done squat.

If he works out for us, that's great and I'll cheer for him but my initial reaction stems from the fact that Tomlin said in his press conference " we want good men who happen to be good coaches" Im sure Ken is a good man but I can't say he's a good coach. IMO

i don't really get it, who cares about position coaches........i didn't even know half the ppl on staff was until cowher quit on us....... i don't see how he's gonna make a difference, cause tomlin is gonna be coaching too, so i'm not to worried about who our position coaches are......just as long as the players listen to tomlin is all i care about

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 08:14 PM
QB coaches are crucial to a QB's development. It not only gives them somebody they can work this one on one in practice, but somebody to break down film with, and somebody to just general chat with and "be on their side" when needed.

Tomlin will do coaching as will all the other assistants but a QB coach is big when it comes to a QB.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:19 PM
then how come whipple wasn't brought back??? if it's so cruical why not just keep him on board??? i guess we obviously didn't have that good of a qb coach to begin with if whiz didn't even ask to speak to whipple......so i don't see how it's that big of a deal, maybe if ben was a rookie or a second year player, but he's going on his 4th year, i don't think it's gonna really matter anymore, like diesel said, it's all on ben if he wants to get better, he's gonna have to get in the mind set of being first to practice, last to leave, he's gonna have to want to watch more film and study the game more......it's not gonna matter who is the qb coach

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Apparently the team didn't think as much of Whipple as some of us did. Ben has had a Qb coach since he was drafted. Whipple has been a big help to Ben so far in his career.

Hell Peyton Manning has a QB coach, so does Palmer, Brees, and most of the QB's in this league; it doesn't matter how many years of experience you have or how good you are. QB's need a coach to continue to get better and learn.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:26 PM
but ben is who he is, it's up to him to get better, a qb coach isn't gonna make him a drasticlly better qb, ben peaked already, he is who he is......now it's just up to him to stop being a pussy and falling everytime a defender gets next to him, and it's up to him to not just throw to whoever.....tomlin will help more with that then a qb coach

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Are you out of your mind?? Ben has peaked?? What kinda logic is that ! Ben has no where near peaked in his career yet. He's got alot to learn and alot of ways to improve. A position coach like a QB coach works with him 1 on 1 every day in practice, and helps him on the field on game day.

Dude seriously, Tomlin will do alot for Ben but a QB coach is an absolute must. Ask any QB in the league they will tell you that their QB coach is invaluable.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:29 PM
i think he's peaked........i don't see anything that can improve since he's not a hard worker, that's why i think he's peaked....he cares more about having fun then playing the game, cause if he did he wouldn't have a motorcycle..........

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Apparently the team didn't think as much of Whipple as some of us did. Ben has had a Qb coach since he was drafted. Whipple has been a big help to Ben so far in his career.

Hell Peyton Manning has a QB coach, so does Palmer, Brees, and most of the QB's in this league; it doesn't matter how many years of experience you have or how good you are. QB's need a coach to continue to get better and learn.

Hey Arians was Peyton's first QB coach in the NFL. I don't know how to judge Ken Anderson as a coach. I just hope he works with Ben on his mechanics, reading defenses.

One thing is for sure Anderson does know what it takes to play QB in the NFL. Since he was a former QB.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 08:31 PM
He was a good QB and had alot of success in the NFL I'll give him that, I just worry because he track record in the NFL as a coach hasn't been that spectactular. I could be wrong and I sure hope I am, he just wasn't a first choice that I would have gone with..but maybe that's why Im not an NFL coach :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 08:33 PM
i think he's peaked........i don't see anything that can improve since he's not a hard worker, that's why i think he's peaked....he cares more about having fun then playing the game, cause if he did he wouldn't have a motorcycle..........

Sorry I don't agree that Ben has peaked. His best years are still ahead of him. I will say this its up to Ben and Ben alone on how good of a player he does become. So he does have to put in the hard work to be great. Which I think Tomlin will lay down the law.

I can't wait for training camp. I expect no more movie days in training camp which Cowher was famous for doing. Every camp he took the team on a movie day.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:33 PM
He was a good QB and had alot of success in the NFL I'll give him that, I just worry because he track record in the NFL as a coach hasn't been that spectactular. I could be wrong and I sure hope I am, he just wasn't a first choice that I would have gone with..but maybe that's why Im not an NFL coach :lol:

so you base his track record off of leftwhich who was overrated from the start???? and base off a guy who sits behind leftwhich???

or did anderson coach else where and completely bomb???

also, when leftwhich doesn't have a team it's hard for him to be consistently good, so you can't really tell if anderson was doing a good job or not...........

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Sorry I don't agree that Ben has peaked. His best years are still ahead of him. I will say this its up to Ben and Ben alone on how good of a player he does become. So he does have to put in the hard work to be great. Which I think Tomlin will lay down the law.

I can't wait for training camp. I expect no more movie days in training camp which Cowher was famous for doing. Every camp he took the team on a movie day.

lol, yeah i didn't really think he peaked either....but i figure i'd go on with what i was saying lol......... i was really just trying to get at that he has no work ethic, i think success came to fast and to easy for him, i'm glad he had a this year, hopefully it brought him back down to earth and made him realize that he's still a couple of years away from being great.............

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 08:36 PM

I agree there is some worries about Ken Anderson as a QB coach. I'm just waiting to see if he can get Ben to improve his mechanics and reading defenses. Thats been Ben's biggest inconsistencies since being in the NFL. If Anderson can do that with Ben that I think all will be good.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I agree there is some worries about Ken Anderson as a QB coach. I'm just waiting to see if he can get Ben to improve his mechanics and reading defenses. Thats been Ben's biggest inconsistencies since being in the NFL. If Anderson can do that with Ben that I think all will be good.

what's wrong with ben's mechanics??? i think the only thing ben needs to learn is to stop being such a pussy lol..........and throw the ball more to heath lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 08:38 PM
lol, yeah i didn't really think he peaked either....but i figure i'd go on with what i was saying lol......... i was really just trying to get at that he has no work ethic, i think success came to fast and to easy for him, i'm glad he had a this year, hopefully it brought him back down to earth and made him realize that he's still a couple of years away from being great.............

Koop I agree Ben has a **** poor work ethic. **** I have argued this since I first joined this site. I have read to many times that Ben has a questionable work ethic. He is known to be last one in and first one out during practice.

I think that will change under Tomlin if not then Ben will be shown the door. I'm a Big Ben fan and I think that.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 08:40 PM
what's wrong with ben's mechanics??? i think the only thing ben needs to learn is to stop being such a pussy lol..........and throw the ball more to heath lol

Well Ben at times throws to much off his back foot. Thats not good. All QB's do it from time to time its just Ben doesn't to much at times. Plus Ben needs to work at reading defenses especially zone defenses.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Ben had more success in the first 2 years of his career than anybody in history. Last year he was humbled alot by circumstance and by just flat out poor play. He's got alot of work to do but he's got the natural talent to do it and a coach who will make sure he's got every fundamental down his needs.

Im anxious to see what happens with Ben during offseason workouts and in camp.

Steelerlyn
01-25-2007, 08:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Anderson_(football_player)

http://www.jaguars.com/Team/Bio/2402.asp

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Koop brought up a damn good point, they better use Miller more often as a passing weapon cause damnit, how many times had we seen Miller wide open in the middle of the field or down along the sides??? I say enough. We have got to use all our weapons on offense and burn the **** out of the defenses. We got the talent, there is no excuse for us not to win 11 games this season.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Ben had more success in the first 2 years of his career than anybody in history. Last year he was humbled alot by circumstance and by just flat out poor play. He's got alot of work to do but he's got the natural talent to do it and a coach who will make sure he's got every fundamental down his needs.

Im anxious to see what happens with Ben during offseason workouts and in camp.

Oh I agree Ben has the natural talent to be great Top. Thats why during the 2004 draft I was hoping and praying that Ben would fall to the Steelers. I don't blame the guy for success getting to his head. It would have happened to me as well.

But he is still far from a finished product as a QB and I hope we see him put in the work to be great. He has the talent and this is going to be huge camp for Ben since he has a new HC. So he does have to prove himself again in a way.

I can't wait for camps to begin to. I'm excited about the potential of this offense. They have the weapons to be explosive.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 08:53 PM
His upside is so much more than even we've seen in his first 2 years as our QB. I don't think we saw the real Ben last year at all but more of a guy who just never recovered from everything that happened and kept happening to him during the season with injuries and accidents.

If Tomlin and Anderson or whoever we get as a QB coach can tap into the Big Ben we know is in there this guy can be as good as their is in this league.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-25-2007, 08:59 PM
His upside is so much more than even we've seen in his first 2 years as our QB. I don't think we saw the real Ben last year at all but more of a guy who just never recovered from everything that happened and kept happening to him during the season with injuries and accidents.

If Tomlin and Anderson or whoever we get as a QB coach can tap into the Big Ben we know is in there this guy can be as good as their is in this league.

Oh I agree injuries played a huge part in his bad year. But late in the year when we still saw Ben throwing into double coverage that has to be a concern. All I want Ken Anderson to do is work with Ben's mechanics and work with Ben in reading defenses.

Sometimes the small things make all the difference like not throwing off your back foot. Ben even did that his first two years. All QB's do at times its just sometimes Ben has made a habit of it.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Losing so much offseason and camp time was crucial to his development being so young and it really set him back and set him up for a fall. He's so young and had so much success it's hard to blame the guy for falling after that mess he's been through. This year is so important to Ben's career. If he struggles in 2007 things could look bleek. He needs to have a solid, not a spectacular year, and build on it. We have enough weapons in all 3 phases to help out but he's got to not lose games for us.

Give me 15-20 passes a game for 150 yds and a TD or 2 and Im happy with that most every week.

Koopa
01-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Losing so much offseason and camp time was crucial to his development being so young and it really set him back and set him up for a fall. He's so young and had so much success it's hard to blame the guy for falling after that mess he's been through. This year is so important to Ben's career. If he struggles in 2007 things could look bleek. He needs to have a solid, not a spectacular year, and build on it. We have enough weapons in all 3 phases to help out but he's got to not lose games for us.

Give me 15-20 passes a game for 150 yds and a TD or 2 and Im happy with that most every week.

if he can throw under 15 ints i'll be happy, if he can finally play a full 16 games i'll be happy.......we need to draft blalock, draft hunt and go back to running and letting ben throw no more then 25 times a game lol..............

BengalBrian
01-25-2007, 11:17 PM
great player.. Not such a great coach.. Good luck

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Well, remember another thing, Brian, WE OWN YOU BITCHES!!!! :lol: sorry I couldn't resist.

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 11:37 PM
great player.. Not such a great coach.. Good luck

When was Keny Anderson a great player? Thats like when Seahawks fans claim Dave Zorn was great.

House of Steel
01-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Kenny Anderson is a joke, that is all I have to say. Cincinnati franchise is a joke. 9 damn players arrested. You can't get any lower than that.

TEEMONT
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Kenny Anderson is a joke, that is all I have to say. Cincinnati franchise is a joke. 9 damn players arrested. You can't get any lower than that.

Eh, I dunno, I would rather have him than say......Boomer Esiason lol.

SteelerFan87
01-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Some examples of Ken Anderson's fine work with QBs:

Akili Smith
Byron Leftwich
David Garrard

Nice credentials there, Kenny!

Bengalszone is loving this:
http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=14090
:banging:

Steelersfan
01-26-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm not sticking up for Anderson but why do you blame him for having to coach crappy QB's?
Akili Smith
Byron Leftwich
David Garrard
Give me a break!
I would take Batch as a starter before those three any day. Hell, I thought Batch should of started until Ben was fully recovered last year. If he had we would of been in the playoffs.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm not sticking up for Anderson but why do you blame him for having to coach crappy QB's?
Akili Smith
Byron Leftwich
David Garrard
Give me a break!
I would take Batch as a starter before those three any day. Hell, I thought Batch should of started until Ben was fully recovered last year. If he had we would of been in the playoffs.

I don't think God himself could have made Akili Smith into a good NFL QB.:bluelol:

As for Leftwich he hasn't been horrible. Actually he has been solid despite not having the most talented of a recieving core. His big thing is staying healthy. Plus Garrard was late round pick and looks to be the Jags starter next year. So some improvement was made with him.

Not saying Ken Anderson is all that as QB coach. I'm just hoping he helps Ben out with his mechanics and to help him read defenses better.

SteelerFan87
01-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Well, I'll take bungles fans' words for it, as they know kenny better than we do. As one bungles fan on BZ said, "he is the anti-Midas. Everything he touches turns to crap."

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Well, I'll take bungles fans' words for it, as they know kenny better than we do. As one bungles fan on BZ said, "he is the anti-Midas. Everything he touches turns to crap."

Well thats not a ringing endorsement for Ken Anderson.

Steelersfan
01-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Doesn't everything the Bengals touch turn to crap?.....lol
I wouldn't blame this all on Anderson. I've never been impressed with any of the QB's he's had to coach. For all we know he made them better than what they were which isn't saying much...lol
I'll still hold judgment on him until I see what he does. If Ben sucks I'm sure Koopa will call for Andersons head! Hell! Koopa will call for the Rooneys to sell the team for that matter!...lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 02:10 AM
I'm with you SF I'm waiting to see what Ken does with Ben before making any judgement.

Koopa
01-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Doesn't everything the Bengals touch turn to crap?.....lol
I wouldn't blame this all on Anderson. I've never been impressed with any of the QB's he's had to coach. For all we know he made them better than what they were which isn't saying much...lol
I'll still hold judgment on him until I see what he does. If Ben sucks I'm sure Koopa will call for Andersons head! Hell! Koopa will call for the Rooneys to sell the team for that matter!...lol

lol, if ben suck i won't call for andersons head, cause i don't respect position coaches enough to give two shits about them.....i'll just call for bens head for being a bitch that doesn't care enough about the game

SteelerFan87
01-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Well, bungles fans are rejoicing over this hire about as much as I would be if Ray Sherman was hired as the OC of the Ravens. (well ok, even he couldn't screw up that offense much more than it already is, lol)

Ambridge
01-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Ken Anderson :scratch: :nonod: :( :smh:

That's like having a mechanic who works at your neighborhood gas station who knows Fords and Chevys suddenly start to work on Mercedes Benz and BMW's.
I don't like this move one bit.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Well, bungles fans are rejoicing over this hire about as much as I would be if Ray Sherman was hired as the OC of the Ravens. (well ok, even he couldn't screw up that offense much more than it already is, lol)

Ken Anderson can't be as bad of coach as Ray Sherman was an OC for the Steelers? Man Sherman was terrible.:bluelol:

Steelersfan
01-26-2007, 02:17 AM

That's like having a mechanic who works at your neighborhood gas station who knows Fords and Chevys suddenly start to work on Mercedes Benz and BMW's.

But he could be decent with someone who knows Mercedes Benz and BMW's teaching him. We just don't know what to expect out of Anderson or Tomlin for that matter.
Myself I don't know what to think of Anderson. I do like the energy that Tomlin has put back into this team though. At least he seems to have.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2007, 06:18 AM
The reason I don't like this move so much is because the development of Ben is so critical; it is for any QB but especially for Ben who's coming off a sub par season. We can't afford to have any setbacks with him.

floodcitygirl
01-26-2007, 10:54 AM
He was a good QB. Doesn't seem that he's had alot of success as a coach. Don't ya just wish you could know what it is that Tomlin and/or the organization sees in him to make this hire??? :scratch:

BengalBrian
01-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Well, remember another thing, Brian, WE OWN YOU BITCHES!!!! :lol: sorry I couldn't resist.
Yea.. You own us.. kinda like the ravens own you guys lol

lol thats a good one.. lol

Big Ben is more like a Hyundai

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Brian, what's your honest take on this move ? You stated earlier he was a great player, not a great coach but do you really think his lack of success was his own fault or more because he had no talent around him to work with?

BengalBrian
01-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Brian, what's your honest take on this move ? You stated earlier he was a great player, not a great coach but do you really think his lack of success was his own fault or more because he had no talent around him to work with?

Well... I am not one to really judge where the failure is coming from when you are talking coaching -vs- player ability. I think its tough really for anyone outside the organization to really know. I am basically going off his track record. Which is not too good. But then again, everyone is Cincinnati thought Lebeau was useless and look what he has done for your defense. Also, Akili didnt make it anywhere..

I have respect for kenny no matter what due to his accomplishments here as a player. But my opinion, pretty much based off past success, is that he is nothing special of a coach at least.

Ambridge
01-29-2007, 09:28 AM
I think it's fair to say that Re-tread Assistant Coaches have the same sort of success as Re-tread Head Coaches.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 11:16 AM
This move just really puzzles me as to why he'd really consider Anderson in the first place; but I guess if it all goes down and he's on our staff then we'll have to hope for the best.