PDA

View Full Version : Short video documentary on the Immaculate Reception: Right Place, Right Time

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Where were you during the immaculate reception? For all those Steeler fans that saw that it happen either live or on TV, you remember it vividly.

Perhaps you weren't even alive when it happened but you've seen videos about it, heard people talk about it. Here's a short video, about 6 minutes long that talks about how it went down, who really gets credit for it, and some other interesting tidbits.

Franco Harris is interviewed along with Steelers reporters Guy Junker and Bob Dvorchak.

The 40th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception is December 23, 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5txDrWnIZ4

ChucktownSteeler
04-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Outstanding, thanks for sharing (BTY, he caught it!)

C-town

LarryNJ
04-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Where were you during the immaculate reception? For all those Steeler fans that saw that it happen either live or on TV, you remember it vividly.

If you lived in Pittsburgh and were not at the game you didn't see it. (unless you drove to Youngstown or something) The home games were blacked out than.

I was a 12 year old sitting in the living room with my dad listening to it on the radio. He was so exciting when they won, jumping up and down like a crazy man. :) I will never forget that day. Unfortunately my dad passed away the following year and never got to celebrate a Steeler's championship. But he passed on the love of the Steelers to his kids who have passed it on to his grand kids. The tradition continues!

The next 8 years were a very special time to be in Pittsburgh. It was great and no one who experienced it will ever forget it.

Thanks for sharing the video boss!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2012, 02:20 PM
I never get tired of watching this play, it's such a huge part of Steelers history. I still get chills when I see it.