PDA

View Full Version : Todd Haley will look to exploit weakness of opposing defense

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Steelers.com Live (http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Steelerscom-LIVE-at-4/1f85962e-74aa-4e8d-89fb-3e12c8be2b05) did an interview with Todd Haley on Thursday afternoon. Bob Labriola talked about all parts of the offense and what Haley wants to try and do in Pittsburgh. They also talked about the potential use of FB, TE, his philosophy on offense overall, and much more.

One thing that caught my attention in particular was when he was asked about how he'll approach his offensive gameplan each week.

He talked about how he will look to exploit the weakness of the defense as much as he'll look to emphasize the strength of the offense. That's what you want out of a coordinator, somebody who's not afraid to attack the weak link in a team no matter who the opponent is. No more of this mentality of having to play a certain team a certain way just because that how you've done it before.

You can talk about BA's philosophy all you want and the Steelers in general but everybody knows that they used the mentality of, we're going to run our offense no matter what. It will be nice to see if Haley can actually put together some gameplans that actually involve exploiting a weakness regularly instead of just now and then.

coldrolled
04-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Or even in a game when a CB goes down... BA would run more or thorw to the other side.

What a tool, glad hes gone.

Haley will be fun... Especially if he gets in some grills once in a while.

Nolrog
04-19-2012, 08:02 PM
What a novel concept.

strummerfan
04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Does anyone have a link to the video? One thing is for sure a large portion of the couch surfing offensive coordinators will be calling for Haley's head soon enough, just as they did with BA.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-19-2012, 08:13 PM
He talked about how he will look to exploit the weakness of the defense as much as he'll look to emphasize the strength of the offense. That's what you want out of a coordinator, somebody who's not afraid to attack the weak link in a team no matter who the opponent is. No more of this mentality of having to play a certain team a certain way just because that how you've done it before.

What a novel concept<<<< Yea what he said:lol:But this is what i like about Haley, and he has been successful with this philosophy, man i'm super excited to finally get to see a real offensive game plan, with real time game adjustments, and a little trickery:tt02:

Blazedby92
04-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Isn't this the obvious answer:thinking:, He hasn't hung around Tomlin long enough to have those "release hell" speeches, WOW let's play to the strenghth of defenses.

ChucktownSteeler
04-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Amazing.

C-town

Zachintosh66
04-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Who is this BA you speak of?

Already forgot him... *poof*

FeelSteel
04-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Well, at least we have an OC with a brain. I find it hard to believe BA didn't try to attack weaknesses of defenses. I mean, ANYONE could figure that out. I like Haley though, it's always fun when the Steelers make an interesting change... especially since it rarely happens.

coldrolled
04-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Who is this BA you speak of?

Already forgot him... *poof*

We will see plenty of him this year since he has Luck... I hope he doesnt break his lucky toy to quick.

LatrobePA
04-20-2012, 09:32 AM
BA will ruin Luck!

Haley, duh! Isn't this what should of been happening for years now?

coldrolled
04-20-2012, 10:31 AM
BA will ruin Luck!

Haley, duh! Isn't this what should of been happening for years now?

What was his name tim couch?

LatrobePA
04-20-2012, 10:34 AM
What was his name tim couch?

LOL, f'n hosed!

Farrior Fan
04-20-2012, 02:25 PM
poor Luck, BAs philosophy of we dont need a decent oline, my QB has two legs let him run may get him killed. I still remember vividly when c woodson went down in the SB and we didnt attack his replacement. i wondered how anyone could be so stupid, then during BAs postgame newsconference he stated exactly how stupid he was.

im going to go ahead and say we average at least five PPG more than last year, i think he hurt us that much

K Train
04-20-2012, 03:22 PM
He talked about how he will look to exploit the weakness of the defense as much as he'll look to emphasize the strength of the offense.
i mean i get its the offseason but this is literally todd haleys only job lol

steelspikes
04-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Looking forward to seeing if Haley can actually install a system that clicks on all cylinders and can consistently put up points at the level of a New England, Green Bay or New Orleans Looking forward to the 2nd phase of Big Ben's career...one where he is sacked much less and can consistently produce TDs in the Red Zone.

strummerfan
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
poor Luck, BAs philosophy of we dont need a decent oline, my QB has two legs let him run may get him killed.

Where do people come up with this crap?

connecticutsteel
04-21-2012, 01:53 AM
2011 playoff's denver vs pittsburgh the perfect example of exploiting a weakness in a defensive game plan

coldrolled
04-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Looking forward to seeing if Haley can actually install a system that clicks on all cylinders and can consistently put up points at the level of a New England, Green Bay or New Orleans Looking forward to the 2nd phase of Big Ben's career...one where he is sacked much less and can consistently produce TDs in the Red Zone.

We had a good offense with BA... Does anyone think Haley will do worse? i say we score 8ppg more. 2 more td's not fields goals. thats 8 ppg.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2012, 11:25 AM
BA's offense moved the football it sputtered when getting in the red zone......I think Haley will have more imagination when calling plays and won't be so damn predictable at times were BA was very predictable and stale in his play calling......