PDA

View Full Version : Mike Adams testes positive marijuana

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that Ohio State offensive lineman Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8286fc53/article/ohio-states-mike-adams-might-not-slip-in-nfl-draft?module=HP11_headline_stack) at the Scouting Combine.

Adams, as La Canfora explains it, didn’t know about the positive result when meeting with teams at the Scouting Combine. Obviously, Adams wouldn’t have known; the results aren’t made available until well after the players have left Indy.
But Adams surely knew that he’d smoked marijuana, and if anything he said to teams about marijuana use during Combine interviews was later contradicted by the positive test result, that could be viewed as a far more significant problem than the positive test result.

Teams generally don’t care about marijuana use. They care about whether, if forced to choose between football and marijuana, the player will choose football. Most do, providing clean samples during the repeated unannounced tests performed until the player graduates from the substance-abuse program. But some, like former NFL running back Onterrio Smith, can’t quit smoking. And as a result they have to quit playing. And the team that drafted a player who ultimately can’t play ends up holding accountable the people who drafted him.

Making a positive test at the Scouting Combine an even larger red flag is the fact that the players know they’re going to be tested. Thus, as many league sources have told PFT over the years, anyone who tests positive at the Combine either has an addiction, or is incredibly dumb.

From PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/report-mike-adams-tested-positive-for-pot-at-scouting-combine/)

Anybody think the Steelers will seriously consider a guy that toked a doobie before the biggest workout of his career?

K Train
04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
from everything i hear they really like him. this isnt that big of a deal imo.

second rounder now tho

steelspikes
04-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Think Steeler brass had enough of pot smoking with a former 1rst rounder they traded for a fifth round pick: Santonio Holmes. Given this, I do not see ADAMS in B&G in 2012.

Zachintosh66
04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
and the stock plumets... we wont touch him now (unless still there in 2nd) prolly not even then

K Train
04-19-2012, 02:33 PM
thats just not true at all. theyve had multiple meetings and private workouts with him, im sure they have an opinion of where and when he should be selected. despite popular belief weed is not the kiss of death to a players career.

i dont get where everything thinks this is automatic removal from anything steeler draft related. if hes there in the second, i guarantee they take him

coldrolled
04-19-2012, 02:58 PM
This may help get him down below 55?? i doubt it though....

LatrobePA
04-19-2012, 03:05 PM
At least he paid for his tattoo's!

connecticutsteel
04-19-2012, 03:11 PM
thats just not true at all. theyve had multiple meetings and private workouts with him, im sure they have an opinion of where and when he should be selected. despite popular belief weed is not the kiss of death to a players career.

i dont get where everything thinks this is automatic removal from anything steeler draft related. if hes there in the second, i guarantee they take him

Your right it is generally not the kiss of death .However It can be depending on the player he's already been suspended @ Ohio state for trading memorabilia for pot and tattoo's .Hmmmm i have a drug screening coming up ah screw it Puff Puff pass .It doesn't seem like he thinks he needs to stop .I guess i get so tired of these *******s who are so talented and are set to play the best game on the planet and make millions act foolishly.This guy is a total moron or an addict one or the other

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't think he drops past the 2nd round, somebody will obviously take him. If the Steelers are still interested in him as much as before I'm sure the meeting at practice facility started with a "so big of junkie are you" :lol:

He's be a steal in the 2nd round if he fell to the Steelers but doing something like that puts 1 strike against him already.

coldrolled
04-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Poe or Konz in #1

Adams or Osemele in the #2 spot. hmmm.....

Number99
04-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Do you really want to see a OT in Black n Gold that only had 19 reps at the combine? He might have talent but that show of weak strength is not a quality I want to see in a any O-line draft pick for the Steelers. Who cares about the pot test. Haven't we seen enough the last few years of OT's getting pushed around? The goal is to make the line better not status quo. Mike Adams would just be another bad OT with a different number and name on the back.

Real Deal Steel
04-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Think Steeler brass had enough of pot smoking with a former 1rst rounder they traded for a fifth round pick: Santonio Holmes. Given this, I do not see ADAMS in B&G in 2012.

I agree. This guy just smoked his way out of the Black & Gold. And if he's stupid enough to do this before the biggest thing in his life at that point, I don't want someone that stupid.

BlacknGoldHaze
04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
I agree. This guy just smoked his way out of the Black & Gold. And if he's stupid enough to do this before the biggest thing in his life at that point, I don't want someone that stupid.

AGREED! I am amazed at the level of stupidity these kids display.....They are offered the world on a platter and he can't stay off the weed long enough to pass a drug test?? WTF?

SteelDad
04-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I honestly don't think he was going to be the pick regardless. Either way, stupid move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Zachintosh66
04-20-2012, 12:48 AM

+1 agree

K Train
04-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Do you really want to see a OT in Black n Gold that only had 19 reps at the combine? He might have talent but that show of weak strength is not a quality I want to see in a any O-line draft pick for the Steelers. Who cares about the pot test. Haven't we seen enough the last few years of OT's getting pushed around? The goal is to make the line better not status quo. Mike Adams would just be another bad OT with a different number and name on the back.
starks did 20, these 6-8 guys arent good bench pressers but long arms affect that and thats a great quality in a LT. Poe has extremely short arms and did like 44 lol

i really dont think this effects him with the steelers as much as you all think just because they have had so many meetings and private workouts with him

LatrobePA
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
A little weed will not hurt him, it's not like he was driving cocaine soaked gerbils up his ***!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2012, 07:25 PM
His reps out at the combine aren't that big of a deal to me. The fact that he was dumb enough to have weed in his system before the biggest workout in his life is what will keep him out of Pittsburgh. If you're going to the combine and know full well you'll be tested for everything under the sun, don't be stupid and do some bong hits ahead of time.

Even if he didn't do it just before it was in his system long enough to get caught in the test.

PsychoWard
04-23-2012, 07:34 PM
How dumb do you have to be?? That is there job interview they know they are going to get tested!!! If any of us failed a drug test guess what we wound't get the job. A little weed or not thats a dumb *** move on his part, will it effect him problaly not, but it should!!! :evilshake:

coldrolled
04-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Lions at #23 Mayock says.

The Lakelander
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
A little weed will not hurt him, it's not like he was driving cocaine soaked gerbils up his ***!

:lol: