PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2012 Regular Season Schedule

SteelCityKid5
04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
per Jerry Dulac's Twitter:

Steelers will open the 2012 season Sunday night in Denver against Peyton Manning.
What do you all think? Will Ryan Clark play hahah (I had to)

Full Schedule now released:

Week 1 9/1: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Denver Broncos 8:20 EST, NBC
Week 2 9/16: New York Jets (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1142048-2012-new-york-jets-schedule-full-listing-of-dates-time-and-tv-info) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 4:15 EST, CBS
Week 3 9/23: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Oakland Raiders (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1142402-2012-oakland-raiders-schedule-full-listing-of-dates-time-and-tv-info) 4:15 EST, CBS
Week 4 9/30: BYE WEEK
Week 5 10/7: Philadelphia Eagles (http://bleacherreport.com/philadelphia-eagles) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1 EST, FOX
Week 6 10/11: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans (http://bleacherreport.com/tennessee-titans) 8:20 EST, NFL Network
Week 7 10/21: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals (http://bleacherreport.com/cincinnati-bengals) 8:20 EST, NBC
Week 8 10/28: Washington Redskins (http://bleacherreport.com/washington-redskins) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1 EST, FOX
Week 9 11/4: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1141224-2012-new-york-giants-schedule-full-listing-of-dates-time-and-tv-info) 4:15, CBS
Week 10 11/12: Kansas City Chiefs (http://bleacherreport.com/kansas-city-chiefs) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 8:30 EST, ESPN
Week 11 11/18: Baltimore Ravens (http://bleacherreport.com/baltimore-ravens) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 8:20 EST, NBC
Week 12 11/25: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns (http://bleacherreport.com/cleveland-browns) 1 EST, CBS
Week 13 12/2: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens 4:15 EST, CBS
Week 14 12/9: San Diego Chargers (http://bleacherreport.com/san-diego-chargers) vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1 EST, CBS
Week 15 12/16: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Dallas Cowboys (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1140361-2012-dallas-cowboys-schedule-full-listing-of-dates-time-and-tv-info) 4:15 EST, CBS
Week 16 12/23: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1 EST, CBS
Week 17 12/30: Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers 1 EST, CBS

Also linked on the homepage and the forums.

steelspikes
04-17-2012, 05:20 PM
I guess if we wear the new bumble bee uni somebody could sting Peyton in the neck, and if the player gets busted, hell, the uni doubles as prison garb so we are good to go!

jackhammer1
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Well at least Tebow can't beat us twice in a row!

ChucktownSteeler
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
To early to tell. Right now, I will go with the Steeler's defense to shut 'em down

C-town

gtadroptop
04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Bring them on.

LevonKirkland99
04-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Steelers win....it may take Manning a while to get going.....although Payton loves the spotlight

Real Deal Steel
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM
We will win this game. And we will lay such a beating on Manning, he'll wonder why he came back to football.

Steelers 34 Broncos 17

Real Deal Steel
04-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Also, maybe now that the Front Office knows that Ryan Clark won't be able to play, this will kind of nudge them to get another safety in the draft. We've been needing depth at that position and maybe we'll get it.

LarryNJ
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
I think it's great to open in prime time.

Steelers/PSU Fan
04-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Manning going to be looking like this after week 1 against the Steelers. Debo going to pop him good....

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
I knew that damn NFL would screw the Steelers with an early by week.

A lot of divisional games late in the year again too.

Raleigh Steel
04-17-2012, 08:09 PM
so we get to start with tebow's old team, and then his new team. awesome, that's 2 straight weeks of reliving the horror.

without knowing our full roster and how we're gonna look, i'm gonna start the predictions at 11 wins...do i hear 12? 12? 12? anyone?

coach
04-17-2012, 08:15 PM
We will win this game. And we will lay such a beating on Manning, he'll wonder why he came back to football.

Steelers 34 Broncos 17

I gave up thinking there were easy games when we lost to Denver in the playoffs with a QB who couldn't throw. I am glad we have moved a few people this year but sometimes it takes players time to get acclimated to each other. Plus, we will kind of be preparing for two teams. Manning is bringing his own plays so how much of Denver's O is new won't be known until after a few weeks into the season.

Steelers/PSU Fan
04-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Playing the Broncos to start off the season will be hard, they are implementing a whole new system and we'll have no tape to review. Ugh, I live in Colorado too and all my relatives/buddies are Denver fans and **** talked the hell out of me after our playoff loss to them. Besides beating the Ravens, beating the Broncos and Chiefs come next on my list of teams to beat.

steelspikes
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
I knew that damn NFL would screw the Steelers with an early by week.

A lot of divisional games late in the year again too.

Yea, it is a very early bye, but consider that 2 of first 3 games are western road games and it may not be at such a bad time. First impression is that it's a tough schedule, but there are several primetime games and Ravens slate is tougher.

elephantman
04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I rather play manning in week 1 as they have less time to get things together...but I dont like playing the Ravens week 11 and 13 ...WTF ....a bit early in between....nonetheless , minus the browns, not any super easy games this yr like last yrs NFC West

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2012, 08:49 PM
With all that traveling early on they're going to need the early bye week just to recoup.

I still hate early byes! :cursin:

mos07
04-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Chargers, Cowboys, and Ravens twice in five weeks late in the season...............guess we will see if we are ready for the playoffs at that point. At least we have the Benguls and Clowns at home to close out...........

JoeSteelerFan
04-17-2012, 09:55 PM
I'll be perfectly honest ....

I HATE everything about this schedule. Why?

Because the NFL did everything it possibly could NOT to allow the Steelers to find any contineuity week after week. They know the Steelers play their best football when they are allowed to have normalcy ... or somewhat of a routine each week.

Do you know when the Steelers get 2 consecutive Sunday 1pm games?

....... that's right, the last 2 weeks of the season.

Rubbish .... :cursin:[

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2012, 11:24 PM
I don't like that either man. I personally don't like all the 4:15 games; screws up my whole Sunday routine. I like the primetime games, those are always fun but the rest of it you can have. :evilshake: 1pm, 4:15, 8pm, 1pm, 4:15, 8pm..ugh..

Real Deal Steel
04-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Playing the Broncos to start off the season will be hard, they are implementing a whole new system and we'll have no tape to review. Ugh, I live in Colorado too and all my relatives/buddies are Denver fans and **** talked the hell out of me after our playoff loss to them. Besides beating the Ravens, beating the Broncos and Chiefs come next on my list of teams to beat.

Disagree. We have the better defense and they have NO TAPE OF OUR OFFENSE! But we know all about Peyton Manning and what he wants to do.

This game will be nowhere near as hard as you think.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
A last-second TD by Baltimore made the Steelers a road-tripping wild card, and they have a slightly easier 2012 road than the Ravens. Denver, Dallas and the Giants provide some stiff non-division road competition, and a four-day break before visiting Tennessee won't help, either. A look at the 2011 records of next season's opponents: Ravens (12-4), Bengals (9-7), Browns (4-12); Giants/Titans (9-7), Broncos/Chargers/Raiders/Jets/Eagles/Cowboys (8-8), Chiefs (7-9), Redskins (5-11). Overall 2011 win-loss percentage of 2012: .500 (ties for 14th).
From our friend Chuck Finder at CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18630873)

FeelSteel
04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
I personally think it's a benefit to play the Broncos first. I just don't think Manning is going to be at full strength yet, it will be his first time in a long time playing at "game" speed, it will be the first time the Broncos offense plays together at "game" speed. I think it's perfect to have a road game be this game.

I also like closing the season with 2 home games encase we're in a division race.

coldrolled
04-18-2012, 09:00 AM
The bye week is lame. And the Raven-Browns-Ravens ... Thats a lot of smash mouth football in three weeks.

If we survive without losing key players again we can go far. Lucky our team got younger to with stand some of this.

We should be 3-0 at the bye. If DL can find our pass rush.. We go 12-4

I watched the 2005 Steelers.... Colts-Steelers playoff game. Just a note.. Farrior and Porter where sacking Manning at least three times each or together for 1/2 sacks. We need an ILB that can blitz the QB... Farrior was an animal in 2005.. we have been missing that for two years.

coldrolled
04-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Manning going to be looking like this after week 1 against the Steelers. Debo going to pop him good....

When he looked at the schedule, he thought really.. rubbing his neck... The Steelers Defense to start the year..

LatrobePA
04-18-2012, 09:07 AM
I see us dropping 4-5 games...

Ending with Denver and starting with Denver is a little silly IMO...

Real Deal Steel
04-18-2012, 09:23 AM
A last-second TD by Baltimore made the Steelers a road-tripping wild card, and they have a slightly easier 2012 road than the Ravens. Denver, Dallas and the Giants provide some stiff non-division road competition, and a four-day break before visiting Tennessee won't help, either. A look at the 2011 records of next season's opponents: Ravens (12-4), Bengals (9-7), Browns (4-12); Giants/Titans (9-7), Broncos/Chargers/Raiders/Jets/Eagles/Cowboys (8-8), Chiefs (7-9), Redskins (5-11). Overall 2011 win-loss percentage of 2012: .500 (ties for 14th).
From our friend Chuck Finder at CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18630873)

Plus..the Ravens took big hits from free agency. Ravens will be taking a couple of steps back this coming year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals beat them in the first game of the season.

Real Deal Steel
04-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I see us going 12-4 or 13-3

LatrobePA
04-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Plus..the Ravens took big hits from free agency. Ravens will be taking a couple of steps back this coming year. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals beat them in the first game of the season.

I think that every year but they keep coming back hard..

Number99
04-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Playing the Broncos first could if the Steelers win give then alot of momentum in the first 3 weeks. I agree that I hate the early bye week but a west coast-east coast-west coast first 3 games is brutal. So hopeing that the O-Line will be improved this year because they are going to need a healthy Ben for the end of the year division fest.

steelspikes
04-18-2012, 10:38 AM

Agree. Plus, Ratbirds have 4th toughest schedule, according to degree of difficulty; Steelers' ranks 14th. One ?: how does one SB team (Jints) get the league' toughest schedule and the other (Pats) its' easiest?

LatrobePA
04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Election year in the great USA, what a better story than to have the Patriots the SB champs with a new prez taking over the white house!

steelspikes
04-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Election year in the great USA, what a better story than to have the Patriots the SB champs with a new prez taking over the white house! Guess that's one theory; though I don't know if NFL hierarchy is Republican in their politics. Of course, part of it is that Patsies play in what was a very weak division in 2011. May not be much stronger in 2012,though Buffalo may be better.

CowherPower
04-18-2012, 03:05 PM
I really don't like this schedule that much. It's not overly difficult but the game times are all over the place. Going out to Denver, then back, then out to Oakland and then a bye? God forbid if the team gets all banged up in October and doesn't get that bye week to rest up.

I'd have liked to see the divisional games spread out more too. You bunch everything up at the end of the year which is great for the networks because of the ratings close to playoff time. I'd rather have them mixed up more.

Maybe it will grow on me after while.

Steel Trap86
04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm loving this years schedule.

5 prime time games, one being against the Ravens at home, Monday nighter against the Cheifs, we havent had a Monday night game at Heinz in years. And I personally prefer the 4:00 games over the 1:00, beers and bbq go down a hell of a lot easier . Not a fan of the early bye week though../:willybs:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-19-2012, 11:04 AM
4 of the first 6 games are on the road, that's going to give us a good indication right out of the gate if this team can rise to the occasion on the road.

3 of the 5 games in December are at home which is definitely good. That Chargers game is an interesting one late in the year at home.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Anybody think the Steelers won't be amped up for that KC game coming up? :lol: I'm sure Haley will play it down but you know he'll want to stick it to the Chiefs.

Steelersfan
04-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Anybody think the Steelers won't be amped up for that KC game coming up? :lol: I'm sure Haley will play it down but you know he'll want to stick it to the Chiefs.

Even without Haley the Steelers should win this game. With Haley they should destroy them.....lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2