PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign Keenan Lewis, Ryan Mundy, Issac Redman and others

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Steelers re-signed restricted free agent LCB Keenan Lewis to a one-year,$1.26 million contract. A 2009 third-round pick,Lewis impressed on the practice field his first two seasons before taking over as Pittsburgh's nickel back last year,playing left cornerback whenever opponents went three wide. With William Gay gone to Arizona,Lewis will likely take over as the team's full-time left corner.

From Rotoworld.com

Ryan Mundy & Isaac Redman Re-Sign as well. The Pittsburgh Steelers re-signed restricted free agent cornerback Keenan Lewis and safety Ryan Mundy on Monday afternoon. The team also signed exclusive rights free agents punter Jeremy Kapinos, defensive tackle Steve McLendon and running back Isaac Redman, according to Howard Balzer of ESPN Radio.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

JoeSteelerFan
04-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Nice! Lewis could really make a name for himself this year.

LatrobePA
04-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Good news..

ChucktownSteeler
04-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Good news, Lewis is "the next man up"

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I really want to see Keenan Lewis succeed. He's a very humble guy and had his best year last season. After a rough 2010 this is his time to shine. It's also probably his last chance with the team so he'll need to step up his game.

SteelCityKid5
04-16-2012, 10:23 PM
I like Lewis. I actually like all our young corners. Hell, I say we add another in this draft. Can't have to many of those.

SnakeEyes43
04-17-2012, 07:13 AM
Awesome news all around!

coldrolled
04-17-2012, 07:16 AM
I like Lewis. I actually like all our young corners. Hell, I say we add another in this draft. Can't have to many of those.

As long as they are over 6'0"

BlitzburghRockCity
04-17-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm glad to see Kapinos actually coming into camp with a fighting chance to land the starting job. As long as Sepulveda was around he was going to continue to keep his position even despite the injuries. I'm sure they'll bring in another Punter for training camp but Jeremy has earned the right to compete.

FeelSteel
04-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Lewis needs to step it up this year. We can't afford a sideways step or a step backwards. I think the kid has potential and played decent last year. Good moves for the Steelers.

cmerrifield
04-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Come on Wallace, its your turn.

BlacknGoldHaze
04-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm excited about Lewis! Excellent news! :yellowthumb:

Raleigh Steel
04-17-2012, 11:40 AM
i think this year keenan lewis will have a break out year. can't wait for this season to start!

ChucktownSteeler
04-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I am expecting great things from Keenan Lewis this year as well.

I was at the last pre-season game last year against the Panthers and J-Kap was holding the snap for extra points. Based on his pre-season and him holding for extra points I thought he had beat D-Sep out. Not sure what happened.

Good luck to D-Sep, but I am good with J-Kap.

C-town