PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed worked out for the Bengals

BlitzburghRockCity
04-15-2012, 04:43 PM
The epic draft bust that was Limas Sweed might get a chance to latch on with the Bengals according to NFL.com

I was so happy when we drafted him but the dude just wasn't ready for the NFL and never stayed healthy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82851fc6/article/report-exsteelers-wr-limas-sweed-works-out-for-bengals

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

JensK
04-15-2012, 05:55 PM
This makes me sad :(

Nolrog
04-15-2012, 06:15 PM
This makes me sad :(

Really?

I think this is great. In fact, I heard at the press conference afterwards they handed Sweed the microphone . . . . and he dropped it.

ChucktownSteeler
04-15-2012, 06:25 PM
I was just going to post this! I liked Limus and wish he had made it in the 'burgh. I loved the pick and wished he had panned out. I pulled hard for him every year. I hope this don't come back and bite us. If he is healthy and has his head on straight he could be a nice compliment to A.J. Green. Dalton throws a nice deep ball.

No good can come form this.

C-town

Nolrog
04-15-2012, 07:49 PM
If he is healthy and has his head on straight he could be a nice compliment to A.J. Green. Dalton throws a nice deep ball.

He can screw his head on straight, but that won't affect his hands of stone.

Number99
04-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Until Cincy can put together back to back winning seasons who really cares about this signing? Since '82 was the last time that happened. And Even in the good Palmer years with Cincy they couldn't do it. So until then.....

K Train
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
i like what they are doing, bringing in a lot of young guys that were high picks and didnt pan out

Njsteelersnut
04-15-2012, 08:59 PM
I have always wondered if Sweed's were that bad..or was it more a mental thing....he had couple huge drops very early in his career that i think just destroyed his confidence.......at that point I just think his confidence remained in the tank. Either way though whether it was poor hands or lack of mental toughness, the end result either way means poor performance. Im interested in seeing if he pans out for Cincy.

ChucktownSteeler
04-15-2012, 09:07 PM
I think it was partly mental and getting in BA's doghouse early in his career as you suggest. He had decent hands at Texas. Confidence can be a critical asset, as well.

I always liked the kid and no one ever questioned his commitment or work ethic. I hate to say it, but I wish him well with the Bengals.

C-town

Njsteelersnut
04-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Its a shame BA never benched himself, LOL, I think they gave up on Sweed too soon early on, would have liked to see them give him more chances his first couple of season. If i remeber correctly Plex didnt play too consistently early on either. I would have been nice if Sweed panned out as the big tall target we lacked after Plex left.

JollyRob68
04-15-2012, 09:51 PM
He should try to sign a 1 yr deal with steelers. I've always liked him.

CoachC
04-15-2012, 11:01 PM
I really liked limas... I watched him at Texas and the kid was a beast in his junior and senior year, but had the drops plague his freshman year, sound familiar? I think he will land somewhere and pull it together... Sad it won't be for us

Goodfrom55
04-16-2012, 07:54 PM
He made some tough catches, dropped a couple TD's, and laid out a few people. One thing I can say about him in the short time he was in Pittsburgh, when he played, he did get open. He just has to toughen up mentally is all. Good luck, just not against the Steelers.

BlacknGoldHaze
04-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Really?

I think this is great. In fact, I heard at the press conference afterwards they handed Sweed the microphone . . . . and he dropped it.

:lol:

Steelers/PSU Fan
04-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Really?

lol, I still remember that perfect TD pass he dropped against the Ravens in the AFC championship game a few years back.

coldrolled
04-17-2012, 08:13 AM
lol, I still remember that perfect TD pass he dropped against the Ravens in the AFC championship game a few years back.

Did the ravens drop one this year? is that guy still a raven? Sweed was his own train wreck right out of the gate. self inflicted.

Not sure if the confidence was not additionally smashed by the master of all offensive programs.. The great BA.. Sweed, Urbik and Dixon seemed to be on the same high wire act.

SnakeEyes43
04-17-2012, 08:16 AM
This makes me a little sad, haha. I had always hoped that Sweed would pan out...

BlacknGoldHaze
04-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Sweed turned into a head case....all the potential in the world but couldn't get it together mentally...what a shame...

Steeler4life
04-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Hand laid out a few people.

This is about the only thing I remember the most about him when he was on the field. I can't remember what big game (Championship game or SB) it was but I remember he laid a defender out near the goal line that cleared the way for someone to score.

connecticutsteel
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Sweed is a beast on Madden

ChucktownSteeler
04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
This is about the only thing I remember the most about him when he was on the field. I can't remember what big game (Championship game or SB) it was but I remember he laid a defender out near the goal line that cleared the way for someone to score.

It was against the Ravens and he peeled back and buried Corey Ivy. Heath got about 10 more yards, but not sure if he scored. It is on a lot of Steeler highlight clips on You tube. It happens quick, touch to see.

C-town

steelspikes
04-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Really?

I think this is great. In fact, I heard at the press conference afterwards they handed Sweed the microphone . . . . and he dropped it. Good one.

JollyRob68
04-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Invite him to camp

Blazedby92
04-18-2012, 10:53 PM
As a DB maybe, LOL

86WARD
04-19-2012, 07:20 AM
What a horrible draft class that was...