PDA

View Full Version : Who's the biggest priority for an extension this offseason?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-13-2012, 05:24 PM
The Steelers love to sign players to long term deals during training camp and preseason. Last year was one for the ages with Woodley, Timmons, and Polamalu all inking deals close to the start of the season.

We can all say Mike Wallace of course, and if you want to go that route that's totally fine. However who else right now is worthy of trying to get signed long term before they hit any type of free agency status, in your opinion.

Antonio Brown - RFA in 2013
Emmanuel Sanders - RFA in 2013
Isaac Redman - Exclusive Rights free agent right now who signed his deal.
Rashard Mendenhall - Free agent after this coming season.
Doug Legursky - just signed his 1 yr tender
David Johnson - just signed his 1 yr. tender
Keenan Lewis (has yet to sign his first round tender)
Ziggy Hood - still has 2 years left on his deal.

Someone else instead?

strummerfan
04-13-2012, 05:41 PM
My choices would be Brown and Sanders. Didn't we sign Taylor to an extension last year?

ChucktownSteeler
04-13-2012, 07:30 PM
In this order:

Antonio Brown - RFA in 2013
Rashard Mendenhall - Free agent after this coming season.
Emmanuel Sanders - RFA in 2013
Ziggy Hood - still has 2 years left on his deal.
Keenan Lewis (has yet to sign his first round tender)
Isaac Redman - Exclusive Rights free agent right now who signed his deal.
Doug Legursky - just signed his 1 yr tender

Not worth it:
David Johnson - just signed his 1 yr. tender

Real Deal Steel
04-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Brown and Sanders.

Nolrog
04-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Keenan Lewis. Otherwise, we'd need a corner in the draft.

Brown and Sanders are both under contract his year, and RFAs next year. No body is going to sign Mendenhall coming off of a missed year and a major knee injury. Ziggy has 2 years left, Legs and Redmen are not worth extending (but I'd keep them for the vet min).

gtadroptop
04-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Brown. I don't see Antonio pulling a prima dona act next year if he has a good season, but I would rather get him under extended contract now. I don't think it will be a problem to resign Sanders next year.

BlacknGoldHaze
04-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Without a doubt Antonio Brown. He is going to be a GREAT one and hopefully a Steeler for life!

This will likely be Mendy's last season as a Steeler.

coldrolled
04-14-2012, 12:10 AM
we need OL

ChucktownSteeler
04-14-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't think we are giving up on Mendy yet. I hope I get a chance to see what he can go behind an NFL grade line and an OC that is smart enough to tie his own shoes. Mendy, used correctly, could be a dynamic weapon.

C-town

BlitzburghRockCity
04-15-2012, 02:58 PM
They have been known to give extensions to players even after coming off injuries. I just can't see the justification of giving him a new deal before they see how he responds after recovery from his injury. Had he not gotten injured he'd be a prime candidate. That's how life goes in the NFL though, it isn't always fair how it works out for players.