PDA

View Full Version : LaMichael James Among Prospects Visiting Steelers*Thursday

jpele
04-12-2012, 03:16 PM
We know all about the Steelers and Dont'a Hightower, so the most interesting name on that list is probably Oregon running back LaMichael James. James is a scat back to the highest degree and could add a new dimension to the Steelers offense. He is getting compared to Saints running back Darren Sproles a lot in pre-draft projections, and the Steelers could benefit from a presence like that.

Not sure I take him with our #2 but the kid has unbelivable vision and speed very dynamic player,wonder if He'll be there for us in the 3rd ?

PITTxPRIDE
04-12-2012, 03:24 PM
i doubt he would go as late as the 3rd round but anything can happen...

K Train
04-12-2012, 03:25 PM
i think people are underestimating how interested the steelers are in RB prospects...wouldnt be surprised at all if we took one 2 or 3

Iowa Steeler
04-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Im still waiting on Baron Batch. Batch is a scat back the steelers loved in training camp. I would see how he comes around before i spend a 2nd/3rd rounder on the same thing

coldrolled
04-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Anybody notice the size of Turbin in Utah.. 222 5'10' Catchs good too. Sounds like a rocker.. How is his Character? Always seems to stump us...

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Im still waiting on Baron Batch. Batch is a scat back the steelers loved in training camp. I would see how he comes around before i spend a 2nd/3rd rounder on the same thing

I think Batch will fill that role nicely. I would love to see him hit training camp running and secure that job. He's got the elusiveness and good hands out of the backfield to be a nice change of pace from the slow backs we have active on the roster now.

ChucktownSteeler
04-13-2012, 06:55 AM
I don't see us selecting a RB before the 6th round, if at all. I saw a video on Barron Batch and he looked good after rehab. I think these rumors may be a little bit of "red herrings".

C-town

MDSteel15
04-13-2012, 07:02 AM
3rd round....

Nolrog
04-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Fix the line, and everyone else gets better. There's no reason to spend those picks on a RB when the OL is such a disaster.

K Train
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
they are going to have to work on fixing the line, but that wont necessarily make our less than serviceable RBs look any better. its a legit need

LatrobePA
04-13-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't think this team is sold on Mendy, I could see them spending an early pick on a RB and let him walk...

Real Deal Steel
04-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Lamichael James isn't a Steelers type of runningback. Way too light in the loofers. I would be very angry if they drafted a cornball runningback like him.

coldrolled
04-14-2012, 12:08 AM
turbin utah

steelspikes
04-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Lamichael James isn't a Steelers type of runningback. Way too light in the loofers. I would be very angry if they drafted a cornball runningback like him. Todd Haley was hired because Steeler's averaged 22 pts. per game under Bruce Arians. So expect the mold to be broken. We have over-relied on dominating defenses for years. With rule changes and teams scoring more points, it's not realistic to think you can win titles with anemic scoring. Offense needs to change
when veteran Big Ben-led offense is scoring fewer points than it did his rookie year!

Real Deal Steel
04-14-2012, 04:50 PM
I hear ya but not Lamichael James.

And Super Bowl Champions average about 25 points a game. So we are not that far off the mark scoring wise. We came up short last year because of health issues. Not philosophical reason. If we run the ball, which keeps our QB healthy and gives us time of possession, we will win the division easily. We don't have to follow exactly the way everyone else is going. There is a reason that we have more rings then anyone else and that is that we still follow closely to the basic principles of the game.

JollyRob68
04-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Remember that Haley is the OC and likes a small fast back to go with a power back. So my question to everyone is
LAMICHAEL JAMES OR ISAIAH PEADS? Steelers brought both in for visits.

Real Deal Steel
04-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Neither. We have batch for that.

K Train
04-16-2012, 09:24 AM
batch is a nobody right now with some strong potential as being a nobody long term. nice kid, nice story, but its the hard truth

Real Deal Steel
04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Batch is a physically stronger runner then James.

Just because a guy is hurt, doesn't mean he's a nobody. I know what James can do; and that's nothing because in the NFL he will go down real easy because he's light in the loofers. Go look at batch's tape of his last year in college and then go look at James tape last season. And is is easy to see who's running style and skills better translates to the pro game and to be more specific..which one better translates to the Steelers type of play. James is the "nobody"

JollyRob68
04-16-2012, 01:55 PM

Just because a guy is hurt, doesn't mean he's a nobody. I know what James can do; and that's nothing because in the NFL he will go down real easy because he's light in the loofers. Go look at batch's tape of his last year in college and then go look at James tape last season. And is is easy to see who's running style and skills better translates to the pro game and to be more specific..which one better translates to the Steelers type of play. James is the "nobody"

The concern with Batch is his multi Surgeries on his ACL's. I can wait to see what he can do AS WELL AS Chad Spann. However, that wouldn't stop me from drafting James or Peads.

K Train
04-16-2012, 02:22 PM

batch barely ran the ball at TT, because they barely run the ball.

and we havent seen him take an NFL snap, not one, not even preseason. he was a 7th round pick, theres little to nothing holding him to the roster unless they really believe hes gonna blow up.

i like him, i really do but i dont know if hes much more than a 3rd down back or the steelers commitment to him

coldrolled
04-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Robert Turbin, Utah State: A bruising back (5-10, 220) with 4.5 speed, Turbin scored twice against Auburn in Utah State's near upset in the 2011 season opener. He would be a great fit as a third-round pick in a zone scheme, using his lean and explosiveness out of the cut to attack second-level defenders.