PDA

View Full Version : David Johnson signs his tender offer with the Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Steelers re-signed restricted free agent TE/FB David Johnson to a one-year, $1.26 million contract.
Entering his fourth NFL year, Johnson has shuttled between backup tight end and starting lead blocker in Pittsburgh's offense. He has yet to carry the ball in an NFL game, but does have 18 career receptions through three seasons. - Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5449/player?r=1).

I still think his days are ultimately numbered with the Steelers. With Pope on the roster now a long with Miller, I'll be surprised if he makes it out of preseason.

BlacknGoldHaze
04-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Blahhhh......

ChucktownSteeler
04-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Steelers re-signed restricted free agent TE/FB David Johnson to a one-year, $1.26 million contract.
Entering his fourth NFL year, Johnson has shuttled between backup tight end and starting lead blocker in Pittsburgh's offense. He has yet to carry the ball in an NFL game, but does have 18 career receptions through three seasons. - Rotoworld (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5449/player?r=1).

I still think his days are ultimately numbered with the Steelers. With Pope on the roster now a long with Miller, I'll be surprised if he makes it out of preseason.

I tend to agree with you. This may amount to nothing more than a cheap insurance policy until Saunders gets back. Funny, he signed this tender pretty fast after Pope joined the fold.

C-town

BlacknGoldHaze
04-11-2012, 07:54 PM
18 career receptions and yet to make an impact as a Blocking Back/TE/ HBack or whatever you want to call him.....I gotta believe there's better talent out there...

ChucktownSteeler
04-11-2012, 07:58 PM
18 career receptions and yet to make an impact as a Blocking Back/TE/ HBack or whatever you want to call him.....I gotta believe there's better talent out there...

I thought he would wind up in Indy. Still might. Waste of a roster space.

C-town

elephantman
04-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I tend to agree with you. This may amount to nothing more than a cheap insurance policy until Saunders gets back. Funny, he signed this tender pretty fast after Pope joined the fold.

C-town

pardon my ignorance, but assuming DJ is released in preseason, what financial compensation does he actually recieve? as he must know his chances now are slim

coldrolled
04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
pardon my ignorance, but assuming DJ is released in preseason, what financial compensation does he actually recieve? as he must know his chances now are slim

Arians or Bust... Arians needs a quasi FB

BlacknGoldHaze
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Arians or Bust... Arians needs a quasi FB

Couldn't think of a better place for DJ.....he won't fit in Haley's offense.

Blazedby92
04-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!! More wasted money

Number99
04-12-2012, 09:08 AM
This signing made the off-season complete.

LatrobePA
04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
This signing made the off-season complete.

"championship"

BlitzburghRockCity
04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I think I hear the phone ringing...

Hey Mike, It's BA
What's up man
Hey that Johnson guy, can we have him
No we just signed him, he's our ticket to the Super Bowl!

:bonk:

coldrolled
04-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi Mike, can we trade you our Fb for Johnson... Thanks BA