PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace has no intentions of signing his tender

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Just heard on Sirius XM NFL Radio that Mike Wallace says he has no intentions of signing his one year tender offer from the Steelers. This is according to Adam Schefter.

I don't have a link yet for it but as soon as it comes up I'll find it if someone else doesn't post it first.

He apparently wants that long term deal from the Steelers come hell or high water so he is still in limbo as of now. No other teams have contacted him other than what the 49ers were rumored to have inquired about before they found out he wants Larry Fitzgerald type of money.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Got some additional information now. It was reported on ESPN's NFL Live this afternoon. Wallace has no plans to sign his 2.742 million dollar tender offer and is prepared to sit out the offseason until a deal is done.

He also cannot participate in OTA's or any other workouts while not under contract.

strummerfan
04-11-2012, 06:36 PM
whoopsie

strummerfan
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Wallace needs another accrued year before he can become an unrestricted free agent, but he's going to hold out as leverage?> IT's a good thing he's fast because he's certainly not a rocket scientist.

Real Deal Steel
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
And now that we see that he's turned into a full blown *******, we need to use our 5/6 round pick on another Wide Reciever. This will show him that he doesn't run anything around here. Don't be surprised if were approached by some team for a trade of Wallace.

If we could get a 2nd round pick this year and a 5th round next year, I'd take it. We don't need this crap.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Seems like he's trying to force the Steelers hand now again. He tried that before in that interview with Sirius a couple months ago.

Nobody is bigger than the team, certainly not Wallace or anyone else.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

ChucktownSteeler
04-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Let me know how this works out, Mike.

I would venture to say I can see a draft day trade in your future if this is worked out by then.

C-town

Cricker24
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Nothing has been confirmed by Wallace or the Steelers, so let's not get the torches and pitchforks out just yet. Also, it says Wallace is prepared to sit out the offseason, it didn't say he'd sit out the entire season. I think if this is true, he'll quickly realize that this strategy won't work with the Steelers and he'll have to sign his tender. Otherwise, if he doesn't play this season, he'll be an RFA again in 2013 and in the same position he's in now.

Chris :tt02:

ChucktownSteeler
04-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Nothing has been confirmed by Wallace or the Steelers, so let's not get the torches and pitchforks out just yet. Also, it says Wallace is prepared to sit out the offseason, it didn't say he'd sit out the entire season. I think if this is true, he'll quickly realize that this strategy won't work with the Steelers and he'll have to sign his tender. Otherwise, if he doesn't play this season, he'll be an RFA again in 2013 and in the same position he's in now.

Chris :tt02:

That was my next question, even if he sits out a whole year (highly doubtful), doesn't he still owe the Steelers a year?

C-town

Real Deal Steel
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
NO....

I don't want him if he comes in super late because either he'll get hurt trying to get into playing shape too quick or/and he won't know the whole new passing schemes that Haley is implementing.

If he's going to miss OTA's and any other meetings then we should move him. He'll never be a factor for us this year because he'll be too far behind. Send his premodonna *** to someone who wants to put up with it.

gtadroptop
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
If memory serves, wasn't there a hold out with Joe Greene back in the day? It was resolved quietly outside of the media. I don't see anything like that happening here.

Nevertheless, I'm glad I didn't buy a Mike Wallace jersey.

ChucktownSteeler
04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
If memory serves, wasn't there a hold out with Joe Greene back in the day? It was resolved quietly outside of the media. I don't see anything like that happening here.

I agree.

strummerfan
04-11-2012, 07:26 PM
That was my next question, even if he sits out a whole year (highly doubtful), doesn't he still owe the Steelers a year?

C-town

In short yes. My understanding is that he needs another accrued year of service to become an unrestricted free agent.

ChucktownSteeler
04-11-2012, 07:28 PM
In short yes. My understanding is that he needs another accrued year of service to become an unrestricted free agent.

That's what I thought. I see a quick signing and draft day trade if this is true. The Steelers usually don't play games like this.

C-town

acero
04-11-2012, 07:53 PM
he is beginning to look like draft day trade material

coldrolled
04-11-2012, 08:02 PM
he is beginning to look like draft day trade material

So, again we would get the short end... we may draft good, but our nfl FO chess is questionable.

Nolrog
04-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Steelers hold all the leverage here, Wallace has very little if none at all. He could sit out and then what? Try to be an UFA after sitting out a whole year? He'd be labelled a malcontent and have a years worth of skills diminished.

When push comes to shove, he'll report. First, he'd be leaving 2.7 million dollars on the table. For someone making a very respectable 100K a year, that would be 27 years worth of salary.

This is all posturing, nothing more.

Deviouz1
04-11-2012, 08:23 PM
what a douchenozzle.

i say dont trade him. let his dumb *** sit on the couch for the rest of his 20's if necessary and as soon as he reports, then trade him for like, a 3rd string FB or something. by then thats all he'll be worth. he isnt as good as he thinks he is and he's in for a rude awakening if he keeps this **** up.

BlacknGoldHaze
04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I had a feeling when this whole process started that his days in Black and Gold were over......trade his ungrateful arse! Cotchery's signing will take the sting out of losing Wallace.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Steelers hold all the leverage here, Wallace has very little if none at all. He could sit out and then what? Try to be an UFA after sitting out a whole year? He'd be labelled a malcontent and have a years worth of skills diminished.

When push comes to shove, he'll report. First, he'd be leaving 2.7 million dollars on the table. For someone making a very respectable 100K a year, that would be 27 years worth of salary.

This is all posturing, nothing more.

I agree, he can only push this so far before he begins hurting himself for next season. It's not as if he can stay away from OTA's and training camp and except to just show up and be great. He's got work to do on his game and pulling a stunt like this is just stupid.

I think he'll eventually sign that offer as well and show up but I'm sure he won't be happy about it.

strummerfan
04-11-2012, 08:48 PM

Hines did as well.

ChucktownSteeler
04-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Sign him and trade him for the Jet's #5 pick. (LOL)

The S. Holmes for A. Brown swap now doesn't appear to bad, does it? That's really what it amounted to.

C-town

BlacknGoldHaze
04-11-2012, 08:56 PM
The S. Holmes for A. Brown swap now doesn't appear to bad, does it? That's really what it amounted to.

C-town

Yup....couldn't agree more Chuck.

xBlitzBurghx
04-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm done defending Mike. What a douche. Get him out of the Burgh. I hope we play him and somebody lays him out

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
04-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Wallace is another fast Willie Parker. Speed is all he has, one injury to slow him down and he'll be a very below average WR! F him I hope he's gone the diva bitch!

JollyRob68
04-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Contact ST Louis and grab both second rounders.

cbrunn
04-12-2012, 08:02 AM

lol i would hate to lose Mike ... just because he opens up the field so much for other people ...but that would be a hard deal to pass up ...whew know what we could do with those 2 2nd rounders

connecticutsteel
04-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Dear Mr Wallace good luck getting a 100,000,000 dollar contract remember fitzgerald is bigger stronger better and worth it you have to learn how to fight off defenders when they catch you .your route running is FORTH best on the Steelers behind cotch,sanders,brown,good luck

douche bag alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strummerfan
04-12-2012, 09:14 AM

Without a moments hesitation

connecticutsteel
04-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Without a moments hesitation

they offered 2 second rounders?

strummerfan
04-12-2012, 09:38 AM
they offered 2 second rounders?

I would be all over that trade.

Number99
04-12-2012, 09:58 AM
And the Drama continues. You think a little freudian slip let out of the Wallace camp when Cotchery was signed to his 2 year deal? Wallace's ego has to be at an alltime low right now. Being nonexistant in the final 9 games of the season, all the while thinking to himself "I'll the fastest man in the NFL therefore I'm the best". Then no longterm deal offered once FA starts. Then no more then interweb rumor interest by other NFL teams. Then the RFA tender. Then still no interest from other NFL teams. Cotchery signs a 2 year deal. 8 more days left to field offers from other teams. Wallace's colitus must be running wild right now.

LatrobePA
04-12-2012, 10:22 AM
The more whining he does the less likely this team will go out of their way to sign him!

coldrolled
04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Most of this wallace stuff makes no logical sense. His agent has to have some sense, wallace knows what he is, the steelers know too. We have no cap space. Wallace is looking like a money freak.

So, is wallace doing this to keep teams from grabbing him and the steelers already know they are going to get him 5 years at 45 mil or something with a good bonus??

and this is all BS going on? really there is zero logic in all this right now.

JensK
04-12-2012, 12:37 PM
What bugs me about all this Wallace "controversy" is that we all we hear is rumors and speculations. We have not really heard anything from either of the camps. Sure, Colbert have been out and said Wallace was a priority but have otherwise kept his mouth shut about it. The Wallace camp have said nothing at all.

K Train
04-12-2012, 12:53 PM
this could get ugly

connecticutsteel
04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Most of this wallace stuff makes no logical sense. His agent has to have some sense, wallace knows what he is, the steelers know too. We have no cap space. Wallace is looking like a money freak.

So, is wallace doing this to keep teams from grabbing him and the steelers already know they are going to get him 5 years at 45 mil or something with a good bonus??

and this is all BS going on? really there is zero logic in all this right now.

He sounds like a money freak cause he is one only someone forgot to tell him that you can't ask for a **** ton of money after 2 good seasons .He believes every word he says

connecticutsteel
04-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Trade him to the Jags or some lame team so he get a taste of losing

coldrolled
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
He sounds like a money freak cause he is one only someone forgot to tell him that you can't ask for a **** ton of money after 2 good seasons. He believes every word he says

This all sounds like a giant smoke screen, eight days to go and you make yourself look more insane?... That way for sure nobody offers anything for him. steelers then make a good deal. Wallace doesnt have to leave.

Real Deal Steel
04-12-2012, 07:05 PM
I'd be happy with the Jags first rounder. Or..I'd be happy with the Jags 2nd and 5th round pick too.

LevonKirkland99
04-14-2012, 09:35 PM
I guess Wallace is not gonna be a STEELER next year....Ward had much more class and loyalty.

JensK
04-15-2012, 07:32 AM
I guess Wallace is not gonna be a STEELER next year....Ward had much more class and loyalty.

You mean the same Hines Ward who also held out because he was unhappy with his contract?

strummerfan
04-15-2012, 07:35 AM
You mean the same Hines Ward who also held out because he was unhappy with his contract?

It's amazing how many people forget that.

connecticutsteel
04-15-2012, 10:02 AM
People forget these guys have agents who get paid based on how much their players get paid .so he won't be at OTA'S BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtadroptop
04-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Off the field, football is a business. Loyalty is a casualty on both sides.

strummerfan
04-15-2012, 10:15 AM
People forget these guys have agents who get paid based on how much their players get paid .so he won't be at OTA'S BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're installing a new offense, it's a kind of a big deal. Besides, if Wallace wants to make 20 million a year he needs to do everything possible to improve his game.

K Train
04-15-2012, 10:59 AM
jesus.....

Number99
04-15-2012, 11:22 AM
jesus.....

Did he sign with the Steelers? I heard he was one of Haley's favorites. :tt02:

JensK
04-15-2012, 03:01 PM
jesus.....

Tebow was traded.. Totally different situation.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-15-2012, 03:57 PM
jesus.....

some people can't just let go of the past....lol

LevonKirkland99
04-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Just sayin' don't cry if Wallace is not a Steeler.... lol