PDA

View Full Version : Cal LB Mychal kendricks to visit Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Cal linebacker Mychal Kendricks is scheduled to visit the Houston Texans, Pittsburgh Steelers, St. Louis Rams, Baltimore Ravens and the Atlanta Falcons this week, according to a league source.

The 5-foot-11, 240-pound Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year ran the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds at the NFL scouting combine.

He also bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times, registered a 39 1/2 inch vertical leap, a 10-7 broad jump and a 4.19 in the 20-yard shuttle.

He has drawn second-round grades from draft analysts.

At his campus Pro Day workout, he improved his 20-yard shuttle to 4.14 seconds and posted a 6.68 three-cone drill.

Kendricks' father was a running back at UCLA who led the Bruins in rushing twice.

Kendricks recorded 106 tackles, 14 1/2 for losses, one sack, a forced fumble, an interception returned for a touchdown and two fumble recoveries.

A three-year starter, Kendricks has dealt with shoulder and thumb injuries in the past.

For his career, the all-conference linebacker had 258 tackles, 36 1/2 for losses, 13 1/2 sacks, seven fumble recoveries, four interceptions, five pass deflections and a blocked punt.

As a junior, Kendricks was a second-team All-Pac 12 selection.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1175566&nid=5983451&fhn=1

JollyRob68
04-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I like this guy however he might not be there in the second. Perhaps a move down to pick up a early 2nd & 3rd may be in order.

Ibleedblk&gld
04-09-2012, 05:33 PM
I had asked a question about this guy a while back, I think it was during the combine...not sure of the thread though

ChucktownSteeler
04-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I am not sold on him.

C-town

Njsteelersnut
04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
I just read a mock draft on profootballtalk.com that has the Steelers taking a tightend with their first pick......no way do i see that happening, we have much greater needs that should be adressed with that first pick

coldrolled
04-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I just read a mock draft on profootballtalk.com that has the Steelers taking a tightend with their first pick......no way do i see that happening, we have much greater needs that should be adressed with that first pick

We would let him pass us up??

he has 32. Giants picking: Luke Kuechly, linebacker, Boston College.

Kuechly drops because inside ‘backers are devalued in the NFL.

ChucktownSteeler
04-09-2012, 08:34 PM

I think you are correct. I don't see us selecting a TE at #1.

Could DeCastro fall to #24? Thoughts?

C-town

BlacknGoldHaze
04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking more that we may just trade down.....and I would be just fine with that.

SteelDad
04-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Our strategy will strictly be dictated by the flow of the 23 picks ahead of us. Fortunately, being a successful team means picking late in the first round a lot. Our experience here is significant as the draft unfolds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Nobody had the Steelers taking Heath Miller back in 2005 and that worked out pretty well. However I would say it's a pretty safe assumption there's no way on God's green earth that we do TE in round one. LOL.

This whole thing of the Steelers going Safety early on seems to be gaining a bit of a head of steam too...

Houston would be a good fit for him I would think though, Kendricks that is

K Train
04-10-2012, 11:02 AM
short, but super athletic and strong. not a good fir for the 34 on paper but i have no doubts that he would be a tackling machine. Hes short but hes very good in traffic, he kinda reminds me of sean weatherspoon in that regard

coldrolled
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
short, but super athletic and strong. not a good fir for the 34 on paper but i have no doubts that he would be a tackling machine. Hes short but hes very good in traffic, he kinda reminds me of sean weatherspoon in that regard

This team needs sacks. So whatever can help get the sacks sounds good to me. Our defense cant hang around letting any QB throw all day.

I have this movie in my brain from last year of harrison in a head lock coming around the LT to the qb over and over again and QB's throwing balls all over the place, and gay and ike chasing the WR after the catch....

Iowa Steeler
04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
This team needs sacks. So whatever can help get the sacks sounds good to me. Our defense cant hang around letting any QB throw all day.

I have this movie in my brain from last year of harrison in a head lock coming around the LT to the qb over and over again and QB's throwing balls all over the place, and gay and ike chasing the WR after the catch....

I don't think ILB needs to be a sack master in our defense. I would like Kendricks as a Steeler at the right selection. Good instincts, top end speed. Just a good all around tackler.

Real Deal Steel
04-11-2012, 07:17 PM
I am not sold on him.

C-town

Ditto. Too little.

ChucktownSteeler
04-11-2012, 07:23 PM
What round is he being projected?

C-town

K Train
04-12-2012, 12:56 PM

without the injuries to woodley and harrison the steelers are consistently able to be top 3 in sacks, last year was an exception not the rule

coldrolled
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
without the injuries to woodley and harrison the steelers are consistently able to be top 3 in sacks, last year was an exception not the rule

Doesnt it help the OLB's when the ILB's are a threat and show blitz... farrior was pretty slow... Foote isnt a speed demon either no real threats.

K Train
04-12-2012, 01:43 PM
woodley, harrison, timmons, hightower, hood, keisel = pass rushing machine of a defense.

woodley, harrison, timmons, hightower, keisel, heyward, troy, ike (insert NT here Chapman :cross:fingers:) = run stopping machine