PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Foster signs 1-year deal?

SteelDad
04-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Seeing this on Twitter. Will get up a link ASAP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

SteelDad
04-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Here is the link.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/

Guard Ramon Foster signed his restricted free-agent tender that ensures that he will return to the Steelers for another year.

Foster will earn $1.26 million and will become an unresticted free agent next year unless he signs a long-term deal with the Steelers in the interim.

The undrafted free agent out of Tennessee was offered a low tender last month meaning that the Steelers would not have received any compensation if Foster signed with another team.
Foster did have interest from other organizations, but decided to sign with the Steelers. The Steelers would’ve matched any offer Foster received.

Foster did not have to sign the tender until April 20.

Nolrog
04-06-2012, 06:42 AM
He signed his tender. 1.26 million or something like that for 1 year. One down, 5 more to go, including the big one.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-06-2012, 08:00 AM
I've liked Foster all a long, I'm glad he's coming back. Nobody really thought he'd get that much attention in free agency even if he was part of a super bowl appearing offensive line. I think he's getting better each year and if they can keep the line intact around him he might just be something special. That goes for all the guys though, staying healthy.

ChucktownSteeler
04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Good signing. I like it.

connecticutsteel
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
His stats don't jump off the page at you but he is a solid guard improving every year so far great to see him back.The fact that he didn't wait till the 20th means he wants to be a Steeler so good for us

SteelDad
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
He provides solid depth. I like the.move and its' price tag.

Cricker24
04-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Obviously the Steelers really needed Foster back since they don't have any quality depth at the Guard position. I think the Steelers have to draft at least 2 Olineman, hopefully a Tackle and Guard.

Chris :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-07-2012, 09:54 AM
I like the price tag on this move as well, extremely reasonable getting a starting guard for less than 2 million per year. I see now reason why he won't start again this season unless they take more than 1 Guard and make it an all out competition; even then his chances are very good.

KemoTherapy
04-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Good, they need all hands on deck with that o-line.

Njsteelersnut
04-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I like him better as a backup than a starter, he is servicable as a starter but we need more than servicable to get that line going in the right direction

BlacknGoldHaze
04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
We really didn't have much of choice...at least it's a depth move. Is this the year we get serious about drastically improving the line?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-09-2012, 11:53 AM
If you follow the hype surrounding the potential offensive line draft picks then yes it would seem so. Them bringing back Foster and Legursky might indicate other wise though. If they don't go somewhere in rounds 1-3 I think I'll jump off a cliff.

Nobody can seriously think that the additions of Pouncey and Gilbert is enough of a fix..

ChucktownSteeler
04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Good depth, this draft is deep at O-lineman. Hope to see picks rounds 2- 5.

C-town