PDA

View Full Version : Sepulveda confirms Steelers don't want him back

BlitzburghRockCity
04-05-2012, 12:20 AM
No surprise here, but I hope someone gives him a chance to try out. Shame he just couldn't stay healthy.

Also,veteran punter Daniel Sepulveda,an unrestricted free agent,said the Steelers do not want him back for the 2012 season.

Sepulveda,28,has been plagued with knee injuries since the Steelers drafted him on the fourth round in 2007. He missed the 2008 season with an ACL tear,and was placed on injured reserve after 12 games into the 2010 season with another torn ACL. Last season,he was placed on injured reserve early in November with an injury to his meniscus,his third trip to the IR in four seasons.

The only two-time winner of the Ray Guy award that goes to the top collegiate punter, Sepulveda was drafted on the fourth round by the Steelers in 2007.

Jeremy Kapinos,who replaced him after his injuries in each of the past two seasons, remains the only punter on their roster.

From the post gazette
- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

Raleigh Steel
04-05-2012, 06:47 AM
agreed BRC...thought d-sep was a great punter for us, but couldn't stay healthy. hopefully kapinos can continue what he did last season because i thought he did a fantastic job...but i'm always up for some competition as well, especially at the PK/P positions.

ChucktownSteeler
04-05-2012, 07:23 AM
I thought J-Kap beat him out last preseason. D-Sep is an above average punter at best, but just can't justify the money he wants, healthy or not (let alone the 4th round pick). Didn't we trade up as well to get him?

I have no problem with Jeremy Kapinos.

Good luck, D-Sep.

Chucktown

K Train
04-05-2012, 09:49 AM
I thought J-Kap beat him out last preseason. D-Sep is an above average punter at best, but just can't justify the money he wants, healthy or not (let alone the 4th round pick). Didn't we trade up as well to get him?

I have no problem with Jeremy Kapinos.

Good luck, D-Sep.

Chucktown

above average my *** the man was a beast, his knee is/was just shot from the get go.

Nolrog
04-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Having a punter that can flip field position and a place kicker that could go out and nail that 48 yarder all the time would go a long way to helping the Steelers out.

LatrobePA
04-05-2012, 11:40 AM
what a waste of a 4th round pick...

He had the leg just not the luck!

BlacknGoldHaze
04-07-2012, 11:04 PM
D-Sep was a punter in the body of a linebacker with brittle knees!

Root4Stlrs
04-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Yep, he was a tough guy. Too bad he had all the injury problems. He tore up his knee one time making a tackle when our special teams were so awful. I hope he gets a chance to play somewhere else.

ChucktownSteeler
04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
Great character and heart. Wish him well.

Good luck, D-Sep.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Having a punter that can flip field position and a place kicker that could go out and nail that 48 yarder all the time would go a long way to helping the Steelers out.

He had an above average leg, although not spectacular but was a pretty good directional kicker. We've suffered through inadequate kickers and punters for so long I'm not sure I remember what it's like to have a solid player at either position.

connecticutsteel
04-08-2012, 06:43 PM
The guy i liked was Waters they should give him a look at punter then we would have a guy to do kickoffs and kapinos for pat and fg from inside 40 and waters can kick the 40 plus fg's