PDA

View Full Version : Wonderlic is Back!

coldrolled
04-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Claiborne scores a 4
Brockers scores a 5

Amazing... Wake and Bake candidates i bet....

Number99
04-03-2012, 06:01 PM
They can play football sure, but the only thing keeping them going in the right direction on the field is they can recognize their teammates uniforms.

Imagine if Bernie Kosar scored a 5 or less? His color blindness would have totally screwed him. :grin1:

connecticutsteel
04-04-2012, 12:59 AM
I wonder what Dontari scored or Hightower ?

coldrolled
04-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Andrew Luck scores a - 41

This is a great *

*A high Wonderlic score does not necessarily indicate intelligence, nor does a low Wonderlic score indicate a lack of intelligence.

So why do they have it?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-05-2012, 11:03 AM
The Wonderlich is such a joke for NFL players. A low score doesn't mean you'll be terrible anymore than a high score means you'll be great. The NFL needs to rethink that whole process and come up with something better or just do away with it completely.

K Train
04-05-2012, 11:05 AM
i kinda like it, it lets you see whos dumb as a rock...and theres quite a few.

its not meant to test football ability, people try to make that connection too often

coldrolled
04-05-2012, 12:22 PM
i kinda like it, it lets you see whos dumb as a rock...and theres quite a few.

its not meant to test football ability, people try to make that connection too often

Correct, a center with a high score would be a good fact to know.

Real Deal Steel
04-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Sorry but I do think the Wonderlic is valid. There is a reason the GM's take the test every year weather you want to value it or not.

Tebow is stupid, can't read defenses...got a 9 on the wonderlic
Vince Young is stupid, can't read defenses..got a 9 on the wonderlic

I believe I heard them say the last 8 Super Bowl QB's all average at least a 26 or more on the wonderlic

K Train
04-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Sorry but I do think the Wonderlic is valid. There is a reason the GM's take the test every year weather you want to value it or not.

Tebow is stupid, can't read defenses...got a 9 on the wonderlic
Vince Young is stupid, can't read defenses..got a 9 on the wonderlic

I believe I heard them say the last 8 Super Bowl QB's all average at least a 26 or more on the wonderlic

tebow scored a 22

ben got like a 25, the stat was most superbowl winning QBs are actually smart guys scoring around a 25. its valid, might not affect on field play but it is something to be considered. you could get 12ish by putting c for every answer so getting a 4 would be alarming, its a tricky test but its far from hard

Real Deal Steel
04-15-2012, 12:20 AM
K Train,

I just looked it up and indeed Tebow got a 22. I could have sworn I heard he got a 9.

But you see my point K Train.