PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Pead visits Steelers facility

BlitzburghRockCity
04-03-2012, 01:09 PM
The visits continue for the Steelers as they host Isaih Pead today. They talked with him at the combine and both parties had good things to say about each other. Pead's stock has risen this offseason and while the Steelers may be interested in him it's unknown right now if they'll even get the chance to draft him given their other pressing needs.

The Steelers are meeting with University of Cincinnati running back Isaiah Pead today at their South Side practice facility.
Pead rushed for 1,259 yards and 12 touchdowns last season, and his stock has only risen since he concluded a decorated career at Cincinnati. The 5-10, 197-pounder won offensive MVP honors at the Senior Bowl in January, and he ran a 4.47 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

The Steelers interviewed Pead at the Combine, and coach Mike Tomlin said last week that the team will add at least one running back through free agency or the draft.

Pead is considered one of the top running backs in a class that has only one surefire first-round pick in Alabama's Trent Richardson.

From the Trib. (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_789641.html#ixzz1qzwSkq8t)

K Train
04-03-2012, 01:15 PM
pead is incredibly instinctive with the ball, he reminds me a lot of lesean mccoy when he runs. tiki barber might be another good comparison.

a lot of people are like omg not a RB that high, but the truth remains that without mendenhall the steelers are crippled at RB and while maybe you can say RBs are a dime a dozen that may be true but you cant just bank on hitting a homerun on an UDFA sometimes. Redman is not the answer or even remotely close to it, dwyer could be the answer, and batch is 100% unknown still....if pead can be productive from day 1 and hes their 3rd round pick im all for it

LatrobePA
04-03-2012, 01:56 PM
pead is incredibly instinctive with the ball, he reminds me a lot of lesean mccoy when he runs. tiki barber might be another good comparison.

a lot of people are like omg not a RB that high, but the truth remains that without mendenhall the steelers are crippled at RB and while maybe you can say RBs are a dime a dozen that may be true but you cant just bank on hitting a homerun on an UDFA sometimes. Redman is not the answer or even remotely close to it, dwyer could be the answer, and batch is 100% unknown still....if pead can be productive from day 1 and hes their 3rd round pick im all for it

I agree 1000%! I could honestly see them releasing Mendy...

coldrolled
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
I agree 1000%! I could honestly see them releasing Mendy...

An ACL tear like Batch, Mendy, Peterson.. Its tuff. Hightower had an ACL, MCL and Cartilage damage. I lost my #1 pick fever with him. Im back to Konz and Glenn and maybe Upshaw. I think these three can start.
Pead is on my love to see him play in B&G list.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-03-2012, 09:28 PM

I say all the time RB's are a dime a dozen but with Mendenhall down for the count for the first part of 2012 or maybe done as a Steeler yea no doubt RB is a big need for the team......I disagree about Redman, I don't think he is week in and week out bell cow RB but I do think he has proven he can be successful as a RB tandem and deserves to have more carries in 2012........

I like the Shady MCcoy comparison........Shady was my guy when he was at Pitt......If Pead is anything close to that in the NFL then the team drafting him will get a big time steal....Hope its the Steelers.....

Danger DANJ
04-04-2012, 12:58 AM
I think it's clear that without Mendy the Steelers are not confident in their RBs. They know Redman is not the answer and don't know what Dwyer or Batch will be. I think Batch could replace Moore but don't see him as a starter. I'd be surprised if the Steelers passed on Pead in the 3rd if he is there unless somebody higher on their board falls.

K Train
04-04-2012, 09:11 AM
as much as i like pead im sort of fearful they would take him in the second to make sure they get their guy. cant say i would HATE it but they might like him a little more than i do and they have been known to do that.

love him in the 3rd, meh in the second....incredible in the 4th lol

Black@Gold Forever32
04-04-2012, 05:00 PM
as much as i like pead im sort of fearful they would take him in the second to make sure they get their guy. cant say i would HATE it but they might like him a little more than i do and they have been known to do that.

love him in the 3rd, meh in the second....incredible in the 4th lol

Steelers picking so late in the 2nd its almost like a third round pick anyway......

Blazedby92
04-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Don't want a RB, we need Defense or Oline cause you can't run the ball if you are always playing catch up or have no blocking

Real Deal Steel
04-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Sorry but I don't agree with the RB position being in dire need. RB's ARE a dime a dozen and the needs we have on both the offensive and defensive lines are waaaaaaaaaaaaay greater then at the runningback position.

Because if we don't get that O-line fixed, it won't matter who is the runningback.

We can throw a late round pick or two at Carolina for Stewart if we had to.

HUNT4SEVEN
04-04-2012, 07:42 PM
I hate to say this but if we can get him in the 2nd round i say do it,he's gonna be a beast he has excellent vision and change of direction, we pick to late to get him in the 3rd, this draft is deep in what we need almost across the board! i believe this is gonna be a great draft for us, CAN'T WAIT. Also i hope we can get Konz or Glenn or HighTower in the 1st.:tt02:

ChucktownSteeler
04-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I think the Steelers are dialed in to their picks and are throwing out a few red herrings. I don't see us selecting a RB much before the 6th round, if at all.

coldrolled
04-04-2012, 11:22 PM
konz makes the most sense to me... which isnt much. but a backup center and guard is what we need

Danger DANJ
04-05-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't feel as confident as some of you in our RBs but I would be upset if Steelers picked Pead in the 2nd. Perhaps trade a couple picks and move up in the 3rd to get Pead...or maybe not even that. I want to see Poe/Hightower/OL in 1st and another OL in 2nd.

K Train
04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Steelers picking so late in the 2nd its almost like a third round pick anyway......

not to me it isnt lol

also "so late" is what they usually pick like 29-32, 24 is more like early second half of the round. pretty big difference imo

ChucktownSteeler
04-05-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't see the Steelers taking a RB before the 6th round, if at all. This has all the makings of a red herring.

ChucktownSteeler

K Train
04-05-2012, 12:36 PM
i get that runnning the ball isnt AS big as it was 10 years ago but damn people really disrespect the importance of a good RB

LatrobePA
04-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I'd rather a hard nose running game then hit them with some PA.... Do we need a bruiser? Or a speedy guy?

JollyRob68
04-05-2012, 01:50 PM
konz makes the most sense to me... which isnt much. but a backup center and guard is what we need

I'd rather take Zeilter over Konz. Zeilter Showed Konz the importance of studying tape. So why not just take the guy who's stronger,plays a position of need and is the leader of the line.

coldrolled
04-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Seriously, once all the teams have CB's and DB's fast and small. The FB will be back with big catches in the flat, and they will start mowing down these secondary fly boys. change always makes new changes. no scheme lasts forever... Ask DL, he started the 3-4 and had his pick of players for years with no real comp... now we cant get a good 3-4 player at #24

Big backs like Blount and Foster and FB's with great hands will be back... Just a matter of time.

JollyRob68
04-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Remember who Todd Haley drafted and when. Dexter Mccluster 2nd round.

K Train
04-05-2012, 01:55 PM
todd haley will have little to no say in the drafting, esepecially this year

coldrolled
04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Isaiah Pead (AP)

* Isaiah Pead: He ran almost exclusively out of one-back shotgun sets in Cincinnati’s version of the spread. He was a decisive downhill runner with outstanding short-area burst. He went from zero to 60 in a heartbeat. Pead showed dynamic open-field instincts; he was naturally shifty and elusive with explosive change of direction. While not a big back (197 pounds), he was a tough and physical runner, just not strong and powerful. Pead was a natural catcher; he will provide alignment versatility in the passing game. I see some similarities to Jamaal Charles when he came out of the University of Texas. Charles was a third-round pick in 2008.

Blazedby92
04-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Can't run the ball if you not stopping opposing offense's, need D