PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

Black@Gold Forever32
04-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Even with 19 consecutive losing seasons by the Pirates, I still get pumped for opening day.......I know the Buccos, nosed dived after the all-star break last year but still at least they showed some kind of life leading the NL Central at the break.....I still don't expect the post-season from the Pirates this year but I do think this Pirates team has a good shot to finish over 500......First up the Phillies at PNC Park this Thursday.......Come on Buccos end the 19 years of misery....lol

StlersGuy
04-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Let's Go Buccos this is the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black@Gold Forever32
04-08-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm bumping this thread....come on lets keep some Pirates talk going.....Bucs with back to back walk off hits to win the 2 out of the 3 against the goons from Philly.....lol Presley last night in the bottom of the 10th and McCutchen in the bottom of the 9th today.......Great series for the Pirates....They pitched well and executed situational baseball....moving runners over at key times....Not much power on this Pirates team so manufacturing runs will be key all-season.....Nice start to the season and lets move on to LA to face the Dodgers.......

Farrior Fan
04-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I love the Bucs....but I honestly haven't watched much baseball in years. I can only name a couple of current Pirates. I can still remember almost every player from the 80's teams. I still remember my first game at 3Rivers when Omar walked and my dad told me watch him he's going to steal second on the next pitch. It happened and I thought my dad was a baseball God.

I hope I can teach my son about baseball someday, but it will not happen unless they are winners. Glad to see they are off to a good start, but I will temper my expectations until early August.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I love the Bucs....but I honestly haven't watched much baseball in years. I can only name a couple of current Pirates. I can still remember almost every player from the 80's teams. I still remember my first game at 3Rivers when Omar walked and my dad told me watch him he's going to steal second on the next pitch. It happened and I thought my dad was a baseball God.

I hope I can teach my son about baseball someday, but it will not happen unless they are winners. Glad to see they are off to a good start, but I will temper my expectations until early August.

The Pirates have a ton of young talent (especially in their minor league system)......This is the time to start following this team.......This current team isn't far of from finally finishing over .500 if things go their way this year.....The Bucs pitching staff pitched very well in the first half of the season last year and the Pirates were even in first place in the NL central at the all-star break.....The pitching staff did break down in the 2nd half of the season last year........This Pirates team is going to be scrappy bunch all year and really its an easy team to root for and its going to be fun to watch this team grow......

Black@Gold Forever32
04-24-2012, 10:47 PM
The Pirates won 5-4 tonight despite being down twice tonight vs the Rockies.....The Pirates are just 7-9 but have been competitive in all games this year.......The Pirates starting pitching staff has an ERA of 2.80 but is only 2-7...........

LevonKirkland99
05-07-2012, 08:22 AM
It's just depressing to see the Pirates loose again this year...I love the Pirates, but I started watching the nationals recently just to have some excitement!

Pirates need to start winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Raise The Jolly Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pirates win 4-2 and have beaten the Nats for the second straight night.....McCutchen 4-4 tonight with a HR............Pirates only two games under .500......There is many things to like about this Pirates team and there is a ton of talent in their minor leagues......

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Josh Harrison with a walk off single in the bottom of the 12th and the Buccos win 3-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raise The Jolly Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bucs only two games under .500 and hopefully they can put together a 7-8 game winning streak......

Black@Gold Forever32
05-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Pirates win today and they're back to .500 for the season....James McDonald is on the mound today for the Bucs......James is coming into his own this season.......Big three game series vs the first place Reds.........

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Back at .500 and hopefully they can maitain it for the rest of the season !! LET"S GO BUCS !! Keep on Raising the JOLLY RODGER !!

Black@Gold Forever32
06-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Come on people the Pirates need some love.....They're a game above .500 and only three games out of first place.......They just took 2 out of 3 in Milwaukee and Miller Park has been a house of horrors for the Buccos the last five years......This team is going to compete all year......Andrew McCutchen is one of the best players in baseball and James McDonald has made tremendous strides this year......

Finally this might be the year the Pirates have a winning record.......

Black@Gold Forever32
06-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Pirates beat the first place Reds tonight.....Buccos only two games out of first place........Come on give the Pirates some love....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
06-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Raise the Jolly Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pirates are 4 games above .500 and only a game out of first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This team is going to scrap all year......The pitching has been awesome so far and the bats are starting to heat up......

Black@Gold Forever32
06-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Raise the Jolly Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bucs sweep the Royals........If the Tigers beat the Reds tonight the Bucs will be tied for first......McCutchen with a HR and drove all of the Pirates runs in today.......

Steelersfan
06-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Ive been watching all the Pirates scores from away ( no games on tv up here). I am impressed so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Black@Gold Forever32
06-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Ive been watching all the Pirates scores from away ( no games on tv up here). I am impressed so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I catch on tv once in a while......But follow them on the net daily........I have a good feeling about this team.....I think this is the year they finally break the streak......Its been long over due.....

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Bump......

Bucs up 9-2 tonight...only a game back behind the Reds..........This team is going to hang in there all year.....The offense is starting to come alive......

Black@Gold Forever32
07-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Considering there isn't much around Andrew McCutchen, I think Andrew should be the NL MVP so far.........The bats have started to heat up but for the first couple months Andrew was the Pirates offense........Another three hits for him tonight which puts his BA over .350.........